Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShadowOfALegend

Why would you take a fun game mode like assassin and jack it up with nonsense

16 posts in this topic

the game mode has turned into another grind that matches windwhisper's lack of fun

seer- practically guarantees a win when you play

beserk- a good reason to not enter a match as it's a waste of time

defender- a way to cheese wins by spamming the special

deciever- a way to cheese wins by playing in crowds

my beef with these changes is that a couple of them are more overpowered than the other 2 in use yet there's little to no value in the others kinda like how classes are balanced

@Ocho, @TinyDragon will there be a chance to see the assassin of old or will I need to include this with windwhisper as modes to not waste my time with grinds?

Its more fun now. So i think anyways. Still crap rewards but decently fun to play. 

1 person likes this

I cannot agree with you. I find seer to be the worst.

If you are trying to find someone you need to pop the aoe in a crowd, then most likely you turn one person into a ranger and shoot them.

At this point anyone else knows where you are and all you have is a dagger.

- Guardian can pop the two second shield and knife you then stand still and taunt others that come for them.

- Deciver can send a minion then bow whoever kills their minion.

-berserker can just hit something near you and pop you and another trying to kill you and still have two more abilities up their sleeve.

if u get beserk, that means you will die most. xD its the worst. seer is op. so again nothing is balanced in game. it says choose ur skill below but u cant choose what u want, game will decide that you will die most or you will win most. 

warning> if u get beserk, leave the match, i repeat leave the match. high cd, low duration, most useless

Idk what yall are talkin about beserk is pretty good. Kill 4 or 5 ppl in 1swing. Pop cd then can use your dagger like 4 times back to back before you get exposed. 

I liked the change, the old assassination was sooo boring.

And about the classes, I think berserker is a lil bit behind the others, but it's totally a matter of taste. I can only win with deciever, and my girl can only win with berserker...

Posted (edited)

I really prefer it the way it is now than how it was. More  variations make it less boring and i think all 4 classes are good depending on what the rest of the players have. Also it makes it harder for alt farmers.....kinda.  

P.S. i love it when berserker turns the map into a graveyard xDxDxD

Edited by NeilDGTyson

7 hours ago, Crashing player said:

Idk what yall are talkin about beserk is pretty good. Kill 4 or 5 ppl in 1swing. Pop cd then can use your dagger like 4 times back to back before you get exposed. 

yet I always get countered hard with defenders; in fact, one can't win in that scenario

must be sooooo fun when that's always an outcome especially when one gets it 9 times in a row

I can see both sides of this discussion.  I do think the new roles have added a needed flair to the game, and because it's speeded up the pace of the game it makes it much harder for "alt cheaters" to ruin it for others.

On the other side of the coin, NetEase with their focus on rushing out new content to induce spending rather than releasing quality tested programming has added the role of "nuclear bomb" (berserker) into a game that's all about subtlety and deception.  Hopefully they'll pull their heads out of their back sides and tweak the role soon, but given the growing list of bugs and tedious grinds they keep adding instead of fixing things, I'm not holding my breath.

I like the new version too especially when the random role I get is not berserker. I'm not good in playing that role.

3 hours ago, ShadowOfALegend said:

yet I always get countered hard with defenders; in fact, one can't win in that scenario

must be sooooo fun when that's always an outcome especially when one gets it 9 times in a row

Well yea defenders suck to play against. But it isnt so bad. 

I like to use speed boost get ppl to follow me then run to a single npc then use that multi hit skill and kill those ppl following then pop that cd skill and spam dagger and kill every1. 

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Crashing player said:

Well yea defenders suck to play against. But it isnt so bad. 

I like to use speed boost get ppl to follow me then run to a single npc then use that multi hit skill and kill those ppl following then pop that cd skill and spam dagger and kill every1. 

except most don't, they wait for you to come to them

and considering how often I see beserk (which is quite a bit and as many as 9 times in a row) combined with the terrible logic you seem to use, it's a wonder how you could get even 5 kills

a seer can just expose you then shoot, "there goes that plan; a defender just needs to stand idle and ruin your plan by using the special to draw in everyone  thanks, you just saved me lots of work

the class itself shows what not to do in assassin and punishes you for making such plays, not rewards... not how a class should play

even the spawn from the deciever isn't well thought out as it falling after a period of time versus how an exposed be set to change, why the two can't be set the same where an exposed disappears out would be an improvement

5 hours ago, ShadowOfALegend said:

except most don't, they wait for you to come to them

and considering how often I see beserk (which is quite a bit and as many as 9 times in a row) combined with the terrible logic you seem to use, it's a wonder how you could get even 5 kills

a seer can just expose you then shoot, "there goes that plan; a defender just needs to stand idle and ruin your plan by using the special to draw in everyone  thanks, you just saved me lots of work

the class itself shows what not to do in assassin and punishes you for making such plays, not rewards... not how a class should play

even the spawn from the deciever isn't well thought out as it falling after a period of time versus how an exposed be set to change, why the two can't be set the same where an exposed disappears out would be an improvement

That terrible logic that i seem to use gets me 1st place everytime since they were released hahaha. It just doesnt work playing as a seer. Seer is the only one i wont get 1st place on and only played as a seer once. 

Usually when you see ppl runing with speed boost its either they trying to catch someone or they trying to get away since their skills are on cd so it seems easy pickings. 

The spawn from deciever is pretty bad ill agree on that but its so bad that if you mimic how the spawn acts youll prolly get away 6x out of 10. 

beserk and defender is the best hands down. 

2 hours ago, Crashing player said:

That terrible logic that i seem to use gets me 1st place everytime since they were released hahaha. It just doesnt work playing as a seer. Seer is the only one i wont get 1st place on and only played as a seer once. 

Usually when you see ppl runing with speed boost its either they trying to catch someone or they trying to get away since their skills are on cd so it seems easy pickings. 

The spawn from deciever is pretty bad ill agree on that but its so bad that if you mimic how the spawn acts youll prolly get away 6x out of 10. 

beserk and defender is the best hands down. 

i always get first when using seer, that's where we differ

28 minutes ago, ShadowOfALegend said:

i always get first when using seer, that's where we differ

I think alot of the differences will be due to how other people use their skills.

If everyone hides and does next to nothing than yes a Seer is great to weed them out. 

However if people are playing smart that seer really only gets one kill before being hunted down.

As for the deceiver - ranger spawn I really think it needs some randomness added in with other effects.

Like:

1. Switches your place with a random close by NPC. Such that anyone previously targeting you is now targeting an NPC.

2. Makes you hide for 2 seconds (like the end of becoming a ranger) but removes peoples target on you.

3. Forces a random NPC to hit it's closest target and if the target is a NPC then turn into a fake ranger.

As it stands almost noone bows the fake ranger and all it then does is let you know the general location of a deceiver.

Admin should fix the rewards for assassin its really crap even  for first place

1 person likes this