FerrocServer

PEOPLE ARE USING BUGS AND EXPLOITS TO CLEAR ROCK OF ESSANCE ADN WIND BLUFF??

87 posts in this topic

this is outrageous? people are using bugs and exploits to finish raids while other are working hard and using team work and effort to finish them? this is unfair and totally an acceptable? if this goes by unpunished I assure you many of the players are going to quit and server is going to die before it even starts! In beta server I remember when you banned Ascension and many of the players who were exploiting the sync bug to clear skybaze first boss? it was an encouraging act that made many of the players continue playing the game, and also be willing to start over and play when you open their nearby servers in the global launch.

This is your first joint server, people are playing using both mobile devices and phone. If this server dies due to people using exploits and bugs? I really dont know what other server might survive? for this is the most live server so far.

Netease, please use you hammer, ban exploiters, take back their titles. and make true pro players earn those titles the rightful way.

Thank you.

The team is looking into it. Any details regarding the bug and exploiters are super helpful. Please provide the details via private message to us. Thank you!

TinyDragon

Hey dude. Don't blame the players if they do a bug in a game. Blame the developers. It's their fault not the players. Players are just only playing and accidentally discover a bug during exploring the game. It 's a BUG dude not a cheat or using a 3rd party program. They didn't violated the policy of this game.

1 person likes this

@Shinichi May i remind you that the gem bug was not a cheat or a 3rd party program but a bug and people who abused it still got a temporary ban? 

So would it not make sense if that were to happen again?

i believe the way @FerrocServer is trying to expose the problem is not the right way, but blaming it on the developers only and saying it's not the player's fault isn't the right way to go at it either. It is true the developers are at fault for the bug, but the players can choose not to do this. Since this problem was exposed, i have seen no one in my guild attempting it and i'm sure several other guilds and players are the same. If you do abuse it, is it not unethical to do so? does it not deserve to be punished? 

Crying about it is wrong but ignoring a problem or shifting the blame is wrong as well @Shinichi.

2 people like this

Ive been gaming a long time and probably have played more mmo/rpg games than most of the players here. In every one of them, using an exploit (glitch or bug that was discovered and not a hack or 3rd party ware) is indeed a violation.  Knowingly achieving any rewards in any encounter other than the way its intended to be is cheating. Ive seen items removed, gold reduced, suspensions (not bans, there is a difference) and other minors forms of enforcement. Dont kid yourself that its ok to use the exploit because you didnt put it there.

3 people like this

It does expose a problem in the raids themselves with the loot-sharing. Just cease the sharing so that everyone gets their raids done legitimately.

A fine example of this is foundry: how many choose that raid over lush/chim?

14 minutes ago, ShadowOfALegend said:

It does expose a problem in the raids themselves with the loot-sharing. Just cease the sharing so that everyone gets their raids done legitimately.

A fine example of this is foundry: how many choose that raid over lush/chim?

No joke. Dont see why do a harder mech raid like foundry for bloods/fire spirits/flowers when you can put little to no effort  through lush/chim for those drops.

3 hours ago, 0rih4z4rd said:

@Shinichi May i remind you that the gem bug was not a cheat or a 3rd party program but a bug and people who abused it still got a temporary ban? 

So would it not make sense if that were to happen again?

i believe the way @FerrocServer is trying to expose the problem is not the right way, but blaming it on the developers only and saying it's not the player's fault isn't the right way to go at it either. It is true the developers are at fault for the bug, but the players can choose not to do this. Since this problem was exposed, i have seen no one in my guild attempting it and i'm sure several other guilds and players are the same. If you do abuse it, is it not unethical to do so? does it not deserve to be punished? 

Crying about it is wrong but ignoring a problem or shifting the blame is wrong as well @Shinichi.

Completely agree here, just because you know of a glitch it doesn't entitle you to do it. You should know that if you do chose to exploit it, consequences will follow as it's a blatant violation of their terms of service. Whichever way you try to argue it, it's hard to believe you weren't trying to directly bug abuse, with the steps involved to perform this bug.

1 person likes this

Ban the exploiters or roll back the server...

I left a game that broke because of exploiters. They became the strongest ones of the game, broke the economy, so the legit players all moved to another games, including all my guild =/

5 hours ago, Shinichi said:

Hey dude. Don't blame the players if they do a bug in a game. Blame the developers. It's their fault not the players. Players are just only playing and accidentally discover a bug during exploring the game. It 's a BUG dude not a cheat or using a 3rd party program. They didn't violated the policy of this game.

Using a bug to cheat is cheating. It's not ok, and is punishable. That being said we need evidence. We'll look into reports, but unsupported accusations aren't OK either. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything, that's not evidence of bad action. If you're serious about wanting to let us know that someone is doing something wrong, send a PM. Don't post it on the forums, it'll just be deleted.

People are using the bug raid in thundercall and sardar servers as well. They even finished the mad lab. 

If they will ban then no players would be left. I guess.. :D

2 minutes ago, Mavvy said:

People are using the bug raid in thundercall and sardar servers as well. They even finished the mad lab. 

If they will ban then no players would be left. I guess.. :D

Again this sort of accusation is unsupported. If you have proof, or information that will help us prove this behavior, send a PM. If you do not, do not assert that this is happening. 

Hey Netease, please fix the problem as soon as possible. It’s discouraging that there’s idiots which take advantage of any exploits and bugs. I’m spending a lot of time and money into this game and I’m enjoying it, but this is just going too far! I started playing this game because I was looking for challenges and raids which requires a decent team play!

Of course it’s in first priority the bad of the developers, because they’ve to provide a working game, but this doesn’t allows anyone to take advantage of newly discovered bugs - just don’t ****ing cheat you idiots! Your job as a player is to report the completely way on how to bug and glitch to the developers for the good of the community and the game environment.

I really hope Netease is getting rid of this bug as soon as possible and will ban the players who took advantage of it!

Please keep providing such a great game! Thanks!

1 person likes this

as I know in every game players that using bugs and exploits is one of the cheater there is lot of kind of cheater, so you think cheater is the guy using third party program? what does cheat mean? 

to Netease Developer or Moderator please Im begging you to have some people as In-game moderator to keep an eye on buggy map, there is tons of players exploit bug to win the game such as the wall bug in windwhisper survival and shadowveil survival and also I  just saw 1 guy that could do it the shadow slash skill over and over again without any cast delay in shadowveil survival. 

29 minutes ago, Ocho said:

Again this sort of accusation is unsupported. If you have proof, or information that will help us prove this behavior, send a PM. If you do not, do not assert that this is happening. 

Am I to assume this week's maintenance will cover this issue?

1 minute ago, ShadowOfALegend said:

Am I to assume this week's maintenance will cover this issue?

So here's how this works. First we get details on a bug (which we now may have). Then we do testing on a bug to verify it and understand it more thoroughly. Then we fix bug. Then we decide on punishment, look in to who abused said bug, and take any appropriate action.

Fixing a bug may be easy or it may be hard. We may be able to fix it quickly, or it may take longer. We may take other action in the mean time to limit any use of exploits arising from said bug. That takes a lot of investigation. Because people didn't provide us details until very recently, we're still early in this process. We'll get any serious bugs fixed ASAP however.

1 person likes this

Just now, Ocho said:

So here's how this works. First we get details on a bug (which we now may have). Then we do testing on a bug to verify it and understand it more thoroughly. Then we fix bug. Then we decide on punishment, look in to who abused said bug, and take any appropriate action.

Fixing a bug may be easy or it may be hard. We may be able to fix it quickly, or it may take longer. We may take other action in the mean time to limit any use of exploits arising from said bug. That takes a lot of investigation. Because people didn't provide us details until very recently, we're still early in this process. We'll get any serious bugs fixed ASAP however.

thank you for the clarification

58 minutes ago, wtfdude said:

as I know in every game players that using bugs and exploits is one of the cheater there is lot of kind of cheater, so you think cheater is the guy using third party program? what does cheat mean? 

to Netease Developer or Moderator please Im begging you to have some people as In-game moderator to keep an eye on buggy map, there is tons of players exploit bug to win the game such as the wall bug in windwhisper survival and shadowveil survival and also I  just saw 1 guy that could do it the shadow slash skill over and over again without any cast delay in shadowveil survival. 

Well, technically you are right. But on the other side you can separate between things which harms the game environment massively and the quality of the game for the whole community. And there’s just small things from which all players benefits. First one is something what has to be fixed immediately to keep the damage as low as possible and has to be punished, cause you take an unfair advantage with a massively impact in the gameplay to everyone locally and cross-server wide, this also includes exploiting the game mechanics by getting out-of-bounds in mini-games like Shadowveil or Survival or speedhacking (which I already saw in survival and shadowveil too) while there’s things which aren’t that relevant and nice for everyone to have aka faction. That’s at least my honest opinion. I like this game and I hate cheaters, cause they are selfish and ruining the game fun for everyone.

I seriously doubt it will be fixed during this weeks maintenance, since it involves multiple steps to even do the glitch so gotta fix it with out hurting the other things which are involved. 

So if they completely shutdown the raids until its fixed for their "other action" then im gonna be pissed. Since it would prolly take a long time. Just like all the other bugs that are still around for 2+ months.... 

Any rewards on rolling over on someone or just a pat on the back?? Just curious if i gotta make my circle smaller or expand my circle for that reward ;)

Hahaha just joking. Thats going through to much trouble for me.

Out of all glitches this one should be the easiest to detect server side. Because guess what, they have logs for items purchased in raid auction. Just check if the same person bought miltiple times from different instance of the same raid boss during period where it should not have been reset.

For example if someone bought Wild Missile Helmet on Friday and Wild Missile Breeches on Saturday from Lab boss 1 they are a cheater.

Proposed punishment

Release a new set "D1 - Rekt!" with following set bonuses

2/16 - Decrease HP by 1000 points.

3/16 - Decrease HP by 1500 points.

16/16 Decrease HP by 8000 points.

Change all equipped Raid Gear of people who abused this bug to set bonus "D1 - Rekt!".

Protip: Make sure your coders implement HP substraction properly. If you reach negative number due to this set bonus, HP should be set to 1.

2 people like this

Should be d0 so they can’t swap it off 😂 though I guess if they’re wearing legendary they can just roll it away.

32 minutes ago, Esrun said:

Out of all glitches this one should be the easiest to detect server side. Because guess what, they have logs for items purchased in raid auction. Just check if the same person bought miltiple times from different instance of the same raid boss during period where it should not have been reset.

For example if someone bought Wild Missile Helmet on Friday and Wild Missile Breeches on Saturday from Lab boss 1 they are a cheater.

Proposed punishment

Release a new set "D1 - Rekt!" with following set bonuses

2/16 - Decrease HP by 1000 points.

3/16 - Decrease HP by 1500 points.

16/16 Decrease HP by 8000 points.

Change all equipped Raid Gear of people who abused this bug to set bonus "D1 - Rekt!".

Protip: Make sure your coders implement HP substraction properly. If you reach negative number due to this set bonus, HP should be set to 1.

Would that set come with an achievement???? 

21 minutes ago, Ripcord33 said:

Should be d0 so they can’t swap it off 😂 though I guess if they’re wearing legendary they can just roll it away.

Yeah, I thought the punishment would be too severe with D0, but that's certainly an option.

For "D1 - Rekt!" there are caveats. Should only replace sets that are D1 or higher. Don't want to change D0 crafted legendary jewelry to D1 for cheater.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that the punishment should be such that resources are taken away from cheaters. Giving out temporary ban is not a punishment. It's a joke.

13 minutes ago, Crashing player said:

Would that set come with an achievement???? 

I don't see why not. -10 achievement points seems appropriate.

1 person likes this