Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GeneralMajor

Name Change Useless!

12 posts in this topic

Netease! I deleted all my friends list and changed my name so I can get rid of everyone and pretend that I'm not GeneralMajor anymore! But lo and behold, my friends still have me on their list, my friends got a notification of my change name, and the change name was publicized in the system chat and everyone knows what my new name is! Also my forged armor still has my old name on it! so I decided to change my name back! WAHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE NETEASE! 

For real its pretty useless for this kind of things , dunno who actually developed such a bad content about name change

It's a vanity function, not something to hide your identity with.

1 hour ago, Ocho said:

It's a vanity function, not something to hide your identity with.

Player has deleted all friends, shouldn't show up as a notification on their screen if they are no longer on his friends list. Agree with op.

Just stirring the pot to add flavor but, why would someone delete all their friends and change their name in game? Bad reputation on server? Maybe bought the account and is actually the new owner and doesnt want people to know? 

Just wondering.

4 hours ago, Joseph said:

Just stirring the pot to add flavor but, why would someone delete all their friends and change their name in game? Bad reputation on server? Maybe bought the account and is actually the new owner and doesnt want people to know? 

Just wondering.

and sometimes people changes names so they can leave their old guild so they can join high guild. coz old guild players will mail ya "why" and u wont be able to answer coz they were ur friends for long and you will feel bad when trying to answer so xD

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Joseph said:

Just wondering.

Forgetting how much it costs to change ones name ingame. No small feat. Once all friends have been removed your name change should not show up at all in their chat, as op will no longer be able to view chatter from former friends. If players have a grievence with op, they can report him... great ingame feature. 

Edited by Fusion

Thing is, „GeneralMajor“ is probably „MajorGeneral“ on Forest Valley...whose previous name was „Kolaps“.

This guy has been trolling every single player I know in the game when he wasn’t accepted in to groups or raids, calling names, sending vile messages and leaving vulgar comments on their friend space (even in other languages apart from English).

No wonder he wants to change his name again...who is he trying to fool?

Netease is doing it right that players can’t just erase their past...especially ones who have made such a history. Kudos to Netease on this. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Flamethrower said:

Thing is, „GeneralMajor“ is probably „MajorGeneral“ on Forest Valley...whose previous name was „Kolaps“.

This guy has been trolling every single player I know in the game when he wasn’t accepted in to groups or raids, calling names, sending vile messages and leaving vulgar comments on their friend space (even in other languages apart from English).

Netease is doing it right that players can’t just erase their past...especially ones who have made such a history. Kudos to Netease on this. 

And so my hunch is spot on! 

I remember him in faction chat when it went live and he and Thanktank were two of the biggest reasons people flooded the forums asking for a fix to remove that feature. Personally, I wouldnt invite him to my group even he could clear new content all by himself.

Edited by Joseph

7 hours ago, Flamethrower said:

NetEase again is at fault here, as players would of reported him. #Op, although I stand by my preivous post, the fact your name change has still appeared on friends chat box should be a lesson learnt. NetEase needs to disable ops chat for a period of time, if he continues with his crack azz attitude, perma chat ban.

22 hours ago, Hellsaint said:

and sometimes people changes names so they can leave their old guild so they can join high guild. coz old guild players will mail ya "why" and u wont be able to answer coz they were ur friends for long and you will feel bad when trying to answer so xD

this is so true

23 hours ago, JustSimple said:

this is so true

Man, people change guilds like they change underwear in this game. You aint hiding from nobody.