Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WindWhisper

Penalized for spending?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I will admit I have spent my fair share  of hard earned cash on my toons. Whats a real kicker is how Netease must use an algorithm to track players spending and thats how we get the pop up goblin merchants with offers. On one of my toons Ive spent a pretty penny, mostly on crystals that I use to sell for gold and the pop up goblin merchants I get are for items 19.99 and up. On my other “filler toons”, classes Ive tried and didnt care for, but will log them in to use to fill Trials groups, the pop up goblin merchants they get are all .99 to 9.99 and an occasiional 19.99.

Now heres the kicker, the toons that I spend ZERO money on get “GOLDEN GOBLIN” offers! 10 Lucky Draws for .99, or 5 lucky draws and 10,000 gold for .99. They also get Golden Goblin offers two to three times a day, yet my toon that Ive been way more generous with spending, never gets these kinds of offers.

So what gives, Netease?

Why troll us only with high dollar offers because weve spent money before but shaft us on other great deals that we would be intrested in getting? Is this just a bait and hook for people who dont spend as much? 

@Ocho and @TinyDragon can you at least explain why people who have helped pad the coiffers at Netease with money get shafted on additional offers that arent such an impact on the wallet?

My main toon has to pay 432 crystals for 10 Lucky Draw tickets in the item shop and these are at a reduced price. The cost to cover 432 crystals in the top up offer is 49.99 and you get 574 crystals.

My alt pays .99 for 10 Lucky Draw tickets with the Golden Goblin offer. 

I might have been born in the day, but it wasnt yesterday. 

Edited by WindWhisper
4 people like this

I agree! I just realized this game same like the others, the more you spend, more bad luck you're.

I only bought $.99-$19.99 deals from goblin merchant, mostly the lucky tickets deals. After 2 months, now I only get $99-$199 deals, and  useless, such as:

$199: 2 LoD: highly possible I only get 1 leaf, not interested. 30k gold: I can get in 3 days. 3M silver: I can get in a day.

$99: 2x3 level 40 rare gems, I can get for free.

$99: 2x mount crate, gold, silver, bad deals, I have 12 mounts that I got from lucky draw.

etc. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there're higher deals than this after we reach a point, maybe $499-$999 deals.

And they reduced how many times the deals showing up, last month I got deals every 2-3 hours ($.99-$19), now I only get 2-3 times in a day ($99-$199). Honestly I never see any good deals from higher price goblin merchant, I'll pass and never buy it again.

But my alt that never spend any money, the $.99 deals  still showing up very often everyday.

Please Netease, it's fine if you want to force people to buy $100 deals, but please don't remove the lower price too, because lower price deals much more useful, and will have higher buying rate, better than nothing.

For anyone: don't buy every $.99-$19.99 deals, choose wisely what you need.

I saw new players want the $99 deals, and I saw many players miss the cheap deals.

So maybe it's better if you make the left panel for cheap deal, and right panel for the expensive one, vice versa. As we know goblin merchant has 2 offers. Everyone wins.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Honestly the answer is stop spending....on my main toon i have spent about 200-250€ and i noticed the same thing with my alts. i immedietly stopped spending and after a month or so i started getting again the 5-10€ deals. I quit the game for 4-5 months and now i am getting 0.99 up to 10 bucks deals. I bought 5-6 low deals again and i havent seen the 0.99 deals for over a week now. 

Netease claims that deals are random but u have to be stupid to believe it. Keep in mind that for me and other players that dont buy big deals its better that we dont see big deals that are "out of our league" but  its unfair for bigger spenders that they dont see the small deals that most of the times give the best value for money.

Edited by NeilDGTyson

3 hours ago, NeilDGTyson said:

Honestly the answer is stop spending....on my main toon i have spent about 200-250€ and i noticed the same thing with my alts. i immedietly stopped spending and after a month or so i started getting again the 5-10€ deals. I quit the game for 4-5 months and now i am getting 0.99 up to 10 bucks deals. I bought 5-6 low deals again and i havent seen the 0.99 deals for over a week now. 

Netease claims that deals are random but u have to be stupid to believe it. Keep in mind that for me and other players that dont buy big deals its better that we dont see big deals that are "out of our league" but  its unfair for bigger spenders that they dont see the small deals that most of the times give the best value for money.

I agree 100% with you. I also think Netease is lying their asses off saying deals are random, becuase they are not. 

I never spent money on toons...

I've just bought the 6 months membership and tbh the goblin merchants seems so expensive than my toons it sure I only got 1 golden goblin merchants on my main account but my toons get 1 gold goblin merchants every week.

since I bought the 6 months membership the Goblin Merchants offer is different its like they offer me a good items for a good prices like upto 4K Crystal chest offer that I only get after bought the 6 month membership, but never seen any offer like that on my toons.

I think its kinda fair, they help those who doesnt have much money or spent money on game they r tryin to offer them a good deals with low price and offer them cashboy with very very very good deals with high prices. I see lot of free player in new server grinding so hard to increase their CR to compete with cashboy, this Golden Goblin Merchants kinda help them lil bit.

Here's my thought: why restrict us to one offer, give me a list I can CHOOSE from of offers and I might surprise you with a buy

It's not random, never has been. The more you spend the more it will try to sell you higher priced deals. 

Anyone who says otherwise is lying 

DrryggRELAX. This is basic basic marketing. You went an X amount of time without making a purchase on your alt. So you get a special one time super offer in order to hook you and take the bait. No different from joining a club reward program at a restaurant. They send you monthly 20% off coupons as you eat their frequently. Once the system sees you haven't been back in a while some send something like, "we miss you! Have your next entree free on us!" Thats not a deal they send to the normal people spending money constantly its to hook them to come back. Also there is no goblins over 99.99 you can see the max item price in the app store shows the range. Just dont spend money on your main for a few days and you'll get a special deal. Few days of logged in game time. I think its based off X amount of goblin merchants passed up on. 

I think it's basically a first time customer offer.

I get it every day. I only don't buy it because I want to stay pure f2p. Getting this deal would taint my record. It is a good deal though.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:30 PM, DarkKush said:

DrryggRELAX. This is basic basic marketing. You went an X amount of time without making a purchase on your alt. So you get a special one time super offer in order to hook you and take the bait. No different from joining a club reward program at a restaurant. They send you monthly 20% off coupons as you eat their frequently. Once the system sees you haven't been back in a while some send something like, "we miss you! Have your next entree free on us!" Thats not a deal they send to the normal people spending money constantly its to hook them to come back. Also there is no goblins over 99.99 you can see the max item price in the app store shows the range. Just dont spend money on your main for a few days and you'll get a special deal. Few days of logged in game time. I think its based off X amount of goblin merchants passed up on. 

I have purchased several Golden Goblin offers with my alt but never go above a .99 deal.