Capybara

Mystic vs Elementalist

13 posts in this topic

I'm a new player and I really like both classes but I cant decide which one to focus on.  I just want one char ( I used to be an altoholic in other mmos so I better get it right from the beginning)

So instead of telling me what to play or what is the fotm could you please tell me their pros and cons? 

endgame how does their damage compare? (magellana vs pyro) 

Which one is more "in demand" in PVE? 

Thanks a lot. 

Posted (edited)

As of right now magels are probably the most “useful “ class around, basically since they can provide high dps as well as moderate healing and sustain. However if you judge by the Chinese version magels will soon be overtaken by Elems. It looks like the future is for shepherds, elementals, palas and tamers. But I believe that there will always be demand for good magels, I mean who wouldn’t want to have a  high dps that can always heal if necessary .. it’s just an op concept.

I have both .. my magel is 70k cr 50k + dps and my elem is about 40k rating .. I can tell you right now that playing magel takes a fair bit more skill, dps’ing while healing in end game content takes quick fingers and quick brain to do it at high level. While playing elem just seems too easy to me, they are basically a dps machine that you can just button mash. When it comes to PVE demand right now and for the close forseable future good magels will always be high on demand, because of their versatility. While for elems to be useful will take awhile since most servers already have rangers and magels with really high dps, and since elems provide dps only, it will take them awhile to compete with already established dps monsters.

In terms of pros and cons, there isn’t many .. with a similar gear and everything elemental would do more dps but that’s about it. Magels can heal, they both have a fair bit of CC and stuns. Both have really high bursts. 

I personally enjoy playing magel more, but it’s up to preference at the end of the day, and what you find more fun and challenging. Elementals are definitely the flavour of the month, but I find magels more fun and skillful. That’s just my biased opinion. I hope my brainstorming was helpful.

Edited by Neglection
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I started as a Mystic (DPS) and then played other classes (Shepherd, Executioner, Tamer, Templar and now Conjuror. All of them are 50K minimum rating to nearly 59K minus the Elementalist and four of them are all legendary, so I have a pretty good opinion on the classes minus the current end game zones. (The furthest I have been is Kothas). 

Most resourceful is the Templar, he can tank, heal, hard to kill in PvP.

Most likely to get a group without a doubt, Shepherd, but hes kind of boring to play imo.

Most fun is Magellana Mystic, dropping DPS and able to shield and heal is self satisfying in raiding and PvP.

Worst class to play is Executioner. A warrior whos DPS is subpar to the Mystic, Ranger and Elementalist and they also cannot tank well. CoL really needs to fix this class.

Elementalist vs Mystic, well, my Mystic is better geared and more in demand than Elementalist right now, but the Elementalist just lacks survivability. Sure, you have Windwall and Windrush Form, but its hardly a true survivability measure when you have such low hitpoints. In the raids I do more frequently, Sky, Chim, Everlush heroics, the Elementalists are the ones usually littering the encounter with their corpses. Lack of skill, maybe. Lack of gear, possibly. Lack of survivability, yep, and lack of hit points is DEFINATLEY. 

Now I havent played with any of the top Elementalists on the server yet, perhaps they can add more insight which Im sure is more positive than I can offer, but within the range of gameplay I have done so far, a Mystic is a better option over Elementalist.

Edited by WindWhisper
1 person likes this

neglection has it said right mystic is potential the most versatile of the 2 but number speak for themselves, check the newest server, ferroc camp and you'll see for yourself who's the top DPSers are

elementalist are very strong in adversal pvp as they can melt a target within seconds and while windwall and wind rush are exactly effective a shield like the mystics, theirs doean't recoil damage back or heal some HP so there's give and take

bottom line it's all about preference

On 4/8/2018 at 0:56 PM, Capybara said:

I'm a new player and I really like both classes but I cant decide which one to focus on.  I just want one char ( I used to be an altoholic in other mmos so I better get it right from the beginning)

So instead of telling me what to play or what is the fotm could you please tell me their pros and cons? 

endgame how does their damage compare? (magellana vs pyro) 

Which one is more "in demand" in PVE? 

Thanks a lot. 

i think ele is good for dps, but if u looking for extra advantadge u should pick magel since they can do semi heal. 

Is elementalist best dps class right now? And who is better in pvp elem or mystic?

So I researched a lot into this and it seems that in Chinese servers they use a lot of elementalists who are at the top of the dps meters with 120-130k dps. I'm not sure if it is because that class is the newest and it is fotm or simply for being the best damage dealer class. 

In Western servers however they run mostly with mystics and a few rangers maybe because those top players are too invested to swap chars or their elementalists are not as geared as their main mystic or because magellanas are still OP with off heals, combat ress, shields and very decent damage. Too good to let it go. 

Take this with a pinch of salt

Raw damge: elementalist>magellana

Utility: Magellana>>>>elementalist

Fun and engament: decide for yourself :)

Also playing with friends and having a raiding group is crucial. If you are a lone wolf like me you better off going mystic since it is more versatile. if you have someome to carry you then go ele all the way. 

In pvp mystics tend to do better but it all comes down to pvp gear. both are viable imo 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Capybara said:

So I researched a lot into this and it seems that in Chinese servers they use a lot of elementalists who are at the top of the dps meters with 120-130k dps. I'm not sure if it is because that class is the newest and it is fotm or simply for being the best damage dealer class. 

In Western servers however they run mostly with mystics and a few rangers maybe because those top players are too invested to swap chars or their elementalists are not as geared as their main mystic or because magellanas are still OP with off heals, combat ress, shields and very decent damage. Too good to let it go. 

Also playing with friends and having a raiding group is crucial. If you are a lone wolf like me you better off going mystic since it is more versatile. if you have someome to carry you then go ele all the way. 

In pvp mystics tend to do better but it all comes down to pvp gear. both are viable imo 

Yeah pretty much my point. 

Go play fang and you will know what's the real challenge 👍

On 2.5.2018 at 8:01 AM, Capybara said:

Conjuror or Pyromancer?

5 hours ago, Scopeless said:

Conjuror or Pyromancer?

Mostly pyro

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

and best PvP EQ, Last Page in Military Rank store or ?

Edited by Scopeless