Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShadowOfALegend

about the 10+ pages of legendary essences

19 posts in this topic

Ever since the end of the Call-at-arms event, there is such a huge saturation of legend essences in the market that seeing any transaction out of them is going to be a long-lasting endeavor so may I offer somewhat a solution that can benefit everyone in some way: why not include the ability to trade in legend essences for leaves of eternity. It would have to be a sufficient quantity to keep the cycle going and it would make legend essences more valuable in the long run.

2 people like this

That's a really good idea SOAL. But because it's a good idea, it will never be implemented. Two things will happen:

1. More free legends will be given away and more alts will be created to inflate fake server population(s)
  2. More legends will saturate the market with legend essences that nobody will buy.

They know we were selling essences for cheaper than 250k through backdoor deals. Why not just allow us to set the price of legend essence lower than it currently is? 100-150k gold for legend essence is reasonable. 

Let the market dictate where the price should be. When the time comes and legend essence are worth more than 250k, the free market will make it so. 

There’s 35 pages on my sever and I still am able to sell.

2 hours ago, Aalelorn said:

There’s 35 pages on my sever and I still am able to sell.

Well then, no issues after all. This guy is able to sell. Never mind NetEase.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Hexen said:

Well then, no issues after all. This guy is able to sell. Never mind NetEase.

Elementalists will be buying essence right and left. Quit your butt rage.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Aalelorn said:

You're a genius. They make up exactly how much of server pop? The market is stagnant now, why would the lowest pop class dent the market? Butt rage, please, troll. Nobody wants to hear your anecdotal B.S. If you have nothing to offer, GTFO and STFU.

Edited by Hexen

The real problem here is that min price for easily obtainable item should be much lower than 250K. They dropped the min price for Exquisite blueprints but not for essences.

10 hours ago, Hexen said:

That's a really good idea SOAL. But because it's a good idea, it will never be implemented. Two things will happen:

1. More free legends will be given away and more alts will be created to inflate fake server population(s)
  2. More legends will saturate the market with legend essences that nobody will buy.

They know we were selling essences for cheaper than 250k through backdoor deals. Why not just allow us to set the price of legend essence lower than it currently is? 100-150k gold for legend essence is reasonable. 

Let the market dictate where the price should be. When the time comes and legend essence are worth more than 250k, the free market will make it so. 

That's where it get juicy, the trade rate could be in the ballpark of around 10 leaves per legend ess. since you can trade 30 leaves in for a legend ess from the blacksmith in fort plaza, a cut of 2/3 wouldn't hurt the market as much.

6 hours ago, Aalelorn said:

each piece of gear that requires legend essence will cost you around 5 total give or take for any non-weapon and 7 for the weapon which still doesn't exactly solve anything rather long-term

Why buy legend essence for 250k? Especially when you can buy a legend sash for 180 or 210? Then why do that when you can buy lvl 30 bps. Now is the time to buy lvl 30 bps since they just getting cheaper and cheaper 300 a pop for certain ones now basically. 

Should be able to sell legend essence for 100k-150k for sure though. Since thats where its actually worth buying. If not then there is definitely cheaper way to get them. 

38 minutes ago, Crashing player said:

Why buy legend essence for 250k? Especially when you can buy a legend sash for 180 or 210? Then why do that when you can buy lvl 30 bps. Now is the time to buy lvl 30 bps since they just getting cheaper and cheaper 300 a pop for certain ones now basically. 

You're basically making the point for SOAL. There are cheaper options for obtaining leg essence, albeit RNG related. This doesn't solve the stagnant legend essence market. You're pointing alternatives to getting legends essence, not solutions to making it a viable option in the  Auction House.

Lower the price to 100k per essence, let the market dictate the max price. It's really simple.

15 minutes ago, Hexen said:

You're basically making the point for SOAL. There are cheaper options for obtaining leg essence, albeit RNG related. This doesn't solve the stagnant legend essence market. You're pointing alternatives to getting legends essence, not solutions to making it a viable option in the  Auction House.

Lower the price to 100k per essence, let the market dictate the max price. It's really simple.

I don't mind points being reiterated because it emphasizes how stagnate the market is and while my solution isn't "perfect", better to play "hot-potato" tossing ideas around and hope the dev team comes with an idea than to sit back and ignore the issue.

Cn servers they were going for 400k a lot and were usually sold out. Crazy how different it is.

40 minutes ago, Hexen said:

It was mainly for that person saying ele will still buy them and to who ever else believes buying over priced legend essence is fine and not a problem. I stated my opinion that others also suggest doing that would fix it right under that statement i made. 

Posted (edited)

I wanted to recap this to the top, to see if anyone else has anything to contribute as to a solution

Edited by ShadowOfALegend

Maybe just make it so for 5-10 essence you can buy a legendary?

or have a shop for buying things with legendary essence.

stuff like silver or mounts or things that matter, but won't disrupt the market.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, DaScribe said:

stuff like silver or mounts or things that matter, but won't disrupt the market.

I like that idea. Idk about exchangeing them for a legend though if so would have to be 2-3 or 3-4. If it was 5 or 10 for a legend then that would be over priced legends and hardly any1 would do it. Unless it was already upgraded to like 320 or 354 then it might be worth it. 

1 hour ago, DaScribe said:

Seems legit 

Just reduce min price for it to 100k-150k. IMHO, 250k is too much... On our server, You can buy legendary for Paladins cheaper as 250k... just to get Essence.