Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeilDGTyson

Feedback from Facebook CoL community

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The general feel is that the game is fun, the team raids are very challenging, very good tactics and team work needed to complete them, its the best we have seen in any mobile game!
All game activities and events on map are very nice, world bosses and elite mobs and mining areas gives us a lot to look for. Gem system is very nice and very fair compared to other
competing mmos.
We feel the following points are the downsides of CoL and we really hope they can be improved:

- Pvp modes are fun to play, but there needs to be 1 or 2 pvp modes which are always open with a league ranking that stay for a season that last few months. Big part of the game community really likes pvp and pvp helps to keep people active so they can be competitive. Usually rewards gained by obtaining high ranks like special gear or mounts can be good motivation for ppl to play, and its essential the league be open most of the day so ppl in different time zones or working hours can participate. This is a must condition for many of the community players.
- The amount of skills available to players needs to be improved, the game will feel more sophisticated and has options for better strategy and tactics when u have many skill combinations to use, it is our hope that more skills will be added to game and that the amount of active spells we can equip will be higher than 4. Many people from other mobile mmo don’t want to play CoL because they say 4 skills is too low and makes the game
dumb.
- Appearance and customization, players like to feel special and to look different from each other, there are many ways to achieve this by letting us choose race and class independently, letting us customize the skin color hair color and face style etc. also vanity items helps a lot for unique looks, or the ability to alter the appearance/color of your armor.
- Trading feels very limited, there are many items we cannot trade or cannot sell again after we bought them, open world mmo games rely a lot on ingame economy and if we are so limited with what we can sell and buy this limits the economy and players ability to improve upon open world trade. We think that adding a market for guild where items can be sold without a minimum selling price so that guilds can help their new members advance would be very welcome, also direct trade between players without the use of a market place is something we miss a lot.
- Now the most important issue which is troubling a lot of the players in the end game progress. It seems like all the armor that drops in heroic raids and normal team raids and rep gear have the same main attributes, the only difference is the simple set masteries, if a player collect a full set of epic items for lvl 45 with s/ss class and has full epic gems he will reach around 30k asses, but at this point we cannot progress anymore, the heroic team raids and the normal skyblaze village raid require much better stats than the
normal epic lvl 45 gear can provide. The other gear we can obtain is legendary gear, this comes in 2 variants, legendary gear that can be obtained by crafted normal lvl 30
gear, this set has very good attributes when upgraded fully, but it doesn’t have good set masteries. And the legendary gear that can be bought with feathers, this set has the best
set masteries. We don’t know the exact chances, but it feels like obtaining legendary gear from crafting
is 1/100-1/1000 which means that some players will spend months crafting gear without obtaining any legend pieces that will let them advance to the harder team raids.
The feathers legendaries cost around 900k gold to buy and identify if we take the feathers price of 17-20k in the market.
Normal player who does his daily tasks every day and sell items he used his life talent to craft can obtain 200-300k gold a month some of which is used to roll for raid items drop and to buy items for crafting so you can save maybe 200k gold a month at best, which means you will be able to afford buying 2-3 legendary pieces after a year of playing the game, this seems like a very long time, and we believe in this time the game will have much new content and these old legendary items will become irrelevant by this time.
The faster ways to obtain legendary gear is if you break the ToS and create more characters to farm gold for your main character thus being able to buy expensive gear and gems and gain unfair advantage over other players.
Or if you are extremely lucky and you use the light of dawn map to obtain a legendary piece but it doesn’t feel right that the whole progress in the endgame phase will be based on luck or farming an army of alts rather than on playing skills and defeating hard
bosses to get the armors you deserve and advance.
We believe the normal team raids everlush and chimera should drop armor which is superior to the armor from heroic raids (or drop craftable lvl 30 legendaries) and reputation shop, such gear that will allow players to complete normal skyblaze and then
obtain better gear which in turn will allow us to complete the heroic mode of everlush and chimera, so the progress of players strength will depend on their ability to complete hard and challenging raids rather than on sheer luck. Another alternative is to have the bosses of heroic raids and normal team raids drop feathers so that players who complete these hard dungeons can buy legendary pieces in a faster rate.
Many people will consider the game not fun and unworthy to play if the whole progress of the game will be dictated by randomness in crafting gear or having huge luck using the light of dawn map. People like to be rewarded for their effort and show of skills.
We believe the game has a very good potential to be the leading mobile mmo for years to come, but it need to have a clear path of improvement and advancement so that people will want to play, we believe in hard work and think working 6-12 month for obtaining the best gear in game is reasonable for mmorpg but this hard work should
have clear results rather than gathering gold for a whole year for buying 2 items, or crafting endless amount of lvl 30 gear in the hope of one day turning up one legend items. If people don’t feel their daily gameplay give them a chance to advance they will stop playing.
And one last thing, please try and keep the game fair as it is now, the gem system is very fair, u craft gems with 100% success rate as opposed to other games, you get armor drop from every boss you kill. So yes the armor stats are random and the diamond u get has random extra attribute, but its better than having a chance to make a diamond where u may end up without a diamond after wasting epic gems, and killing a boss and not getting any armor drop for months like happens in other games. We really like this part about CoL and feel it’s a very strong case to play the game, but we would like to see progress in end game phase more linear and less based on random luck of legendary gears dropping from the sky, it should be based on continuous effort from the players
completing hard dungeons and daily tasks to collect the materials needed to obtain the legendary item.

Edited by NeilDGTyson
2 people like this

Thank you for your feedback. We've heard lots of feedback especially about end game gear progression. We will be meeting with the team to discuss this, as well as your other points you've made.  I don't have any answers for you at the moment, but when we do we'll be sure to let you all know.

1 person likes this

Legendary gear is not one only type of top gear in the game.

Game has one more type of endgame gear. It is Deity gear. It can be dropped at Burning Northstar Village raid dungeon.

Here is example of deity items for each class:

Mystic: Truth set

Warrior: Lava set

Ranger: Night set

10 minutes ago, NickJr said:

Legendary gear is not one only type of top gear in the game.

Game has one more type of endgame gear. It is Deity gear. It can be dropped at Burning Northstar Village raid dungeon.

Here is example of deity items for each class:

Mystic: Truth set

Warrior: Lava set

Ranger: Night set

Yeap....its called "Ancient Divine" but it drops in skyblaze HEROIC. To even try skyblaze heroic u will need not only legendary gears but sparkling gems too. The problem is not the end game gear but how to reach there xD

13 minutes ago, NeilDGTyson said:

Yeap....its called "Ancient Divine" but it drops in skyblaze HEROIC. To even try skyblaze heroic u will need not only legendary gears but sparkling gems too. The problem is not the end game gear but how to reach there xD

I agree with almost everything that you say, but you will agree that the endgame gear should be hard to get. Casual players don't need the best gear because they play very little and they have no skills to farm high-level dungeons.
But hardcore players will be able to get good equipment. And in the case of deity items, they have much more chances than with forging legendary gear of SS level.

1 person likes this

100% agree - the listed items would be the majority of my feedback too. 

There definitely is a gear gap between heroics and burning. 

The PVP feedback is my biggest item - PVP in this game is very limited currently and I know my entire guild, although enjoy raiding, really play for pvp. This game needs a persistent ladder system and rewards to entice play. 

The model I liked a lot from wow was entry lvl pvp gear from BF - could be craft or drops - and advanced pvp gear from arena. Maybe have 15v15 open for a slightly longer window. 

The arena both 3v3 and 5v5 need to be open much more. I can't even do 5v5 because it's only sundays. Having alternating days of 3v3 and 5v5 where it's open much longer would probably help and then a persistent ladder with rating system. With a few more skills and persistent pvp this game destroys every other mobile MMO  

TBH I am hoping most of this is already on your radar as you have an amazing base for a pre-release game. Other MMOs are 2+ years old and missing some of the basics that you already have so it's an impressive place to be starting as a player of lots of MMOs. 

1 person likes this

i aggree 

more open pvp would be great and helps player to stay in game.

but there should be a weekly limit, so that not the player with the most time stands on top PVP. there should be the players with the best skills not with the most time. so that player with real life have also a change.

i aggree 

more open pvp would be great and helps player to stay in game.

but there should be a weekly limit or maybe something else, so that not the player with the most time stands on top PVP. there should be the players with the best skills not with the most time.  so that player with real life have also a change.

an other point i think in pvp there should be not equip differents. you fight against player and everyone should have same advantages. there should be how you use skills and not how equiped you are.

My concern with gear is the RnG of secondary stats. I forged a lvl 40 ranger weapon BP and received +7 to intellect and + o.8% M.CRT. Not stats my ranger will use, I hope that in the future gear will resemble appropriate stats for your class. I mean vanilla wow had spirit on 2H swords but they fixed this issue  in later expansions. 

That one forge I worked for nearly two weeks ultimately gave me a bad experience with a part of your game where I now completely avoid forging.

1 person likes this

I agree - I think the stat system is the biggest weakness in this game right now. I understand they do it to reroll for better stats and make people use mats but really its frustrating to get a good roll only to see bad stats. 

The stats should be class specific and obviously some stats are better for a class than others so that could be how assess level is calculated. E.g. Warriors shouldn't get magic on their gear and things like attack or defense would rate higher than crit. The other alternative is to not have stats be like p attack vs m attack and just do attack.

1 person likes this

i think making the secondary attrinutes class specific will solve the issue, i think the recast option is nice tbh, if u wonna go tank u will want to reforge for hp and defense and if u wonna be dps u could reforge for atk and crit giving u freedom to costumize your gear for your play style and differentiating players from each other.  

so should keep it but make it less anoying. 

1 person likes this

I would like to second this post in regards to gear.

I have a level 45 Ranger with level 42 path but it apparently just isn't enough anymore. Having gear always RNG is a killer. I have actually spent a fair few bucks already on this game to try and better myself but it seems useless. I have forged a few times just to get C class Blue gear. Used medals to buy rep item 3 times on the same item just to get  disappointment.

The worst thing of all is despite spending all this time and money I get kicked from heroic raids because my DPS doesn't pass the 3.0k/s on bosses and I cannot improve my gear otherwise.

Feels like I'm in limbo at the moment which is leading me away from continuing my efforts with the game.

How about adding more epic gear/ blue prints to the world auction? seems to always be useless mount stuff and medals that we get daily anyway.

This game just needs some balance.

Thanks for listening to my rant, I feel like I can go on for 1 more day :P

Most of your suggestions are mentioned times and times again on CN forums already...also when you say gems system is fair, no it's not

You can get healing stats or magic dmg from diamond gem for your dps class half the time. that's 48mil almost wasted in one gem.

myths7k consider the alternatives seen in similar gems, having 100% chance to even produce a diamond is already fair, many games give u like 10% chances and ask you to pay to increase those to 20-30% and even after paying u can end up with nothing. 

here ur guarenteed a diamond, and worst case u dont like the bonus dismantle it into shards and save for a sparkling one which is the ultimate goal anyway, normal diamonds are just a stop on the way. 

btw, i have yet to make a sparkling diamond but i asked elf in game and he said if u dismantle a sparkling diamond u get back the shards u used to make it.

so basically u never losing anyting with the whole gem system, i think its really a great system.

16 hours ago, myths7k said:

Most of your suggestions are mentioned times and times again on CN forums already...also when you say gems system is fair, no it's not

You can get healing stats or magic dmg from diamond gem for your dps class half the time. that's 48mil almost wasted in one gem.

Sparkling gems have specific stats dont they? They are not like diamond where u can get between 0,5%-2,5%.

So whats the RNG factor in there?

6 hours ago, NeilDGTyson said:

Sparkling gems have specific stats dont they? They are not like diamond where u can get between 0,5%-2,5%.

So whats the RNG factor in there?

I think it's either u get physical or magical dmg %? if u look at mammoth/bounty/essandra's gear, they are full sparkling gems already, only 1 stat line

9 hours ago, CFunky said:

btw, i have yet to make a sparkling diamond but i asked elf in game and he said if u dismantle a sparkling diamond u get back the shards u used to make it.

so basically u never losing anyting with the whole gem system, i think its really a great system.

ah, so if u dismantle and get all 64 shards back i guess u can just keep trying. That's really good actually. But need crit r to get to 40% first before start stacking the dmg% gems

myths7k i think u don't understand the sparkling gems. they give u both bonuses m. atk AND p. atk. 

the point is when u craft normal diamonds if u dont get thr bonus u wanted u can dismantle it into shards which eventually u will use for sparkling diamonds so u basicslly has no loss at all in the gem system

2 hours ago, CFunky said:

myths7k i think u don't understand the sparkling gems. they give u both bonuses m. atk AND p. atk. 

the point is when u craft normal diamonds if u dont get thr bonus u wanted u can dismantle it into shards which eventually u will use for sparkling diamonds so u basicslly has no loss at all in the gem system

sparkling only give one stat out of the 4 possible i think. u can see top rankers sparkling gem. Apparently if u get the wrong stat, u can dismantle and it gives u back 64 shards and u can try again

If I may, I have also some suggestions:

1. Please fix the road from whiterose village to everlush entrance, have to click on something on the map just to enter.

2. Put on display buff of tamer, some other buffs already have their display icons.

3. Change the friends system? I mean, it should be invite then accept, I don't want strangers to keep on inviting me to their teams, I mean they are sending invites CONSTANTLY, very irritating.

4. Give option to block players from chat and team invites. Players who use some channels as their personal chat rooms should be blocked. I don't want to read convos unrelated to the game.

5. Also organize in-game events? Like GMs would appear somewhere then start a game for cool prizes.

6. Update the auction prices. I mean, usually starting bids are low, then they go high if it is in demand, but here in CoL starting bid is very high that most people cant even bid like me. 

50 minutes ago, Artanis said:

If I may, I have also some suggestions:

1. Please fix the road from whiterose village to everlush entrance, have to click on something on the map just to enter.

2. Put on display buff of tamer, some other buffs already have their display icons.

3. Change the friends system? I mean, it should be invite then accept, I don't want strangers to keep on inviting me to their teams, I mean they are sending invites CONSTANTLY, very irritating.

4. Give option to block players from chat and team invites. Players who use some channels as their personal chat rooms should be blocked. I don't want to read convos unrelated to the game.

buffs will be added..i saw a china vid and there were buffs visible

well artanis thats a nice list of bugs, but the idea behind this thread was to give feedback on the major areas of the game who we think need some polishing and will put this game ontop of any other mmorpg available for mobile. 

9 hours ago, Artanis said:

This. Would the devs consider implementing a "Tickbox" option into settings for Invites?

Basically:

Can accept invites from: 

A: Anyone

B: Friends

C: Guild

D: Do not accept team invites

1 person likes this