Avaclon

Open guide for Elemental Mages (Add what you know)

70 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Avaclon said:

Conj in PvP is really good if you want to burst people down from far range (since conjuring force gives you more range, highest range in the game so far).

Pyro in PvP is good as a DPS spec, you have same range as the rangers so keep that in mind. Higher damage than conj.

So pick what you want, do you want safe burst or all out burst?

I like to explode, but I have no problem with lower range, in case of explosion, regardless of distance, Fire explode better than Conj.?

I usually take the time of the explosion into account, it's actually the most important thing in my opinion, so I'd like to know which one explodes faster...

Edited by Ethernalobli

4 minutes ago, Ethernalobli said:

I like to explode, but I have no problem with lower range, in case of explosion, regardless of distance, Fire explode better than Conj.?

I usually take the time of the explosion into account, it's actually the most important thing in my opinion, so I'd like to know which one explodes faster...

Then Pyro is the best for you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey guys conju here i talked to ava this situation before im 42k gs with following stats ; 1160-1200 spell dmg , 27.0 spell crit (with pyro path 37) ,   108 spell acc  . Im using 2D1dragon , 2Plague 3Armil 2Blood my dps is around 23 25k in long fights but in my server high gs elementalist play pyro and ava one of them and they do 5 10 15k dps more then me so i tried pyro for myself but max dmg i was outputing 11 12k idk why am i bugged or something 

P.s elemental breath is must for conju thats how u burst down people

Edited by EmoMage

On 23/03/2018 at 10:06 PM, Avaclon said:

Good rotation of skills, decent amount of spell crit (since almost everything in pyro depends if the spell crits) and good sets: which might be Blood Thirst/Manaflame/D1Dragon/Ghast/Malum/Plague/Armillion/Arcane/Spinning/Beacon.

Ava, one more doubt, how many sets combinations can I put in Char? And in this case should I follow this order of quality?

2 hours ago, Ethernalobli said:

Ava, one more doubt, how many sets combinations can I put in Char? And in this case should I follow this order of quality?

I don't know the exact number of sets because some are 2/2 , 3/3, 4/4 so depending on you.

Best dps sets are 3/3 d0 Blood Thirst - 2/2 d1 Dragon - 3/3 d3 Armillion/Arcane - 2/3 d5 Spinning - 3/3 d5 Beacon - d6 fire (don't have it yet so I don't know how many pieces to have) and if you're pyro you should have 4L too.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For Conjure Elementalists:

IMO The dps for Dragon breathing is better than ice storm... Ice storm has one spot in the runes to upgrade damage and have a chance of buffing ice bolt to multi target whereas Dragon breathing has 2 different DoTs; one from the base ability, and the other from scorched earth rune. Along with having its own rune section for damage and CDR. The fear/confusion is a bonus. I just don't see a strictly position based ability contending with the initial damage along with the DoTs that Dragon breathing has. Albeit the DoT from scorched earth is a position based DoT, it's AoE is much larger than ice storm.

Edited by WaST3D
1 person likes this

On 3/23/2018 at 10:33 AM, AshDro420 said:

My exact rotation bro

Need to use glacial spike sooner.... It debuffs enemy to elemental damage

On 3/9/2018 at 7:03 PM, Avaclon said:

-Skills:
~All skills have the same range as the range of the basic attack.

• Basic attack: Single target.
  • Ice Bolt: Single target (1 tick)
  • Fiery Magma: Single target then explodes at the ends doing AoE damage. With a chance of launching another bolt at the target if it crits. Damages over time. (6-7 ticks)
  • Descending Inferno: Single target with a chance of exploding and doing AoE damage. (3-4 ticks)
  • Glacial spike: AoE damage, wraps the target. (1 tick)
  • Elemental Matrix: Single target then explodes at the end doing AoE damage. Damages over time. Sticks to the target. (6 ticks)
  • Dragon Breathing: AoE damage, causes chaos and damage over time in the same spot. Sets target on fire. (5 ticks)
  • Wind Wall: shield stays for 5 seconds (currently it gives me shield equivalent to 40% of my hp)
  • Windrush Form: Jumps about 60% of our basic attack range.
  • Fiery Wing: Single target, damages over time, If it crits gives a chance of sending a fireball to the target.(5 ticks, 6 ticks if it sends the fireball)

Bonus skills:

• Crystal Storm: AoE damage, damages over time (6 ticks)

I know it sounds foolish but can you explain what tick means? I'm new and I thought we should upgrade skills as much as possible? 

49 minutes ago, Huggsy said:

I know it sounds foolish but can you explain what tick means? I'm new and I thought we should upgrade skills as much as possible? 

Tick is damage over time, means that the skill doesn't just do initial damage (once the skill hits the target) but also sticks to the target and damages the target for a few seconds/ticks.

For example Elemental matrix is 6 ticks : 1st tick is the initial damage once it hits the target and then damages the target 5 more times then it ends, so the target gets damaged by the skill 6 times in total.

Hi, i want to know If the Cryomancer its viable in pve, im a pve player and love Frost mages for pve in others mmos(wow), but i dont see many Cryomancers here. I know the cryo is verry good for PvP because of the cc, but i Just want to know If cryo deal a good dps in pve too.

On 6/7/2018 at 4:17 PM, Zirun said:

Hi, i want to know If the Cryomancer its viable in pve, im a pve player and love Frost mages for pve in others mmos(wow), but i dont see many Cryomancers here. I know the cryo is verry good for PvP because of the cc, but i Just want to know If cryo deal a good dps in pve too.

Viable but not favorable to use because other 2 paths give way more damage output.

When is Windwall used in this rotation? It should be cast early right?

On 3/17/2018 at 10:45 PM, Avaclon said:

Little adjustment: Moved Glacial Spike to 5th for the buff

98cbb8ace8fc1733afe8220975007501.png

When is Windwall used in this rotation?

36 minutes ago, LECiUS said:

When is Windwall used in this rotation?

Either use it in the beginning to lower the mana cost of the skills, or save it for the aoe skills or if you take aggro.

Any suggestions on best path to use for auto attack? I am making a mage just to follow me around doing normal dungeons and trial quests for extra dps. Which path is better for auto attack and what 4 skills would get max dps with auto attack?

On 7/4/2018 at 1:43 AM, Rollin'Cajun said:

Any suggestions on best path to use for auto attack? I am making a mage just to follow me around doing normal dungeons and trial quests for extra dps. Which path is better for auto attack and what 4 skills would get max dps with auto attack?

Well that would be pyromancer, with Glacial Spike - Descending Inferno - Ice Bolt - Fiery Magma (some would say dragon but I rarely see dragon being used while afk)

44 minutes ago, Avaclon said:

Well that would be pyromancer, with Glacial Spike - Descending Inferno - Ice Bolt - Fiery Magma (some would say dragon but I rarely see dragon being used while afk)

From what I've been testing using auto attack by clicking the button it will not use dragon breathing and it also won't use in pvp on auto attack. However it will use dragon breathing during dungeons, trials, raids on auto follow. A bit weird if you ask me.

1 person likes this

Question on the conjurer rotation. Why is glacial spike at 5th? Does it only work on descending inferno and ice bolt? From the path description, glacial spike increases elemental damage received. Don't all elementalist skills deal elemental damage?

7 hours ago, Tranquility said:

Question on the conjurer rotation. Why is glacial spike at 5th? Does it only work on descending inferno and ice bolt? From the path description, glacial spike increases elemental damage received. Don't all elementalist skills deal elemental damage?

Yes it buffs all damage of elementals in the raid but its buff time is so small so it doesn't cover the whole rotation, I just put it 5th so the DoTs from dragon and magma take full force and Inferno with bolt take spike's buff.