Avaclon

Open guide for Elemental Mages (Add what you know)

70 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, KauzDs said:

Any good suggestion on sets for Conjuror? I only have 3 manaflame pieces rn

Same DPS sets:
Blood Thirst/Manaflame/D1Dragon/Ghast/Malum/Plague/Armillion/Arcane/Spinning/Beacon.

IMO L-Conjuror set isn't worth getting compared to what other sets can give if put in its place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any opinions on which path has the best DPS? I play PVE if that helps.

also, what order should I get the star circles in? I’ll get al eventually but it will be slow going. I was thinking of Agility or Roar first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RagingApple said:

Any opinions on which path has the best DPS? I play PVE if that helps.

also, what order should I get the star circles in? I’ll get al eventually but it will be slow going. I was thinking of Agility or Roar first.

If you have low spell crit and not enough dps sets use conjuror.

Get all the stars but work on Swiftness for the passive stats and Agility (Dexterity).

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 3/23/2018 at 9:06 PM, Avaclon said:

Good rotation of skills, decent amount of spell crit (since almost everything in pyro depends if the spell crits) and good sets: which might be Blood Thirst/Manaflame/D1Dragon/Ghast/Malum/Plague/Armillion/Arcane/Spinning/Beacon.

Why would you use Ghast as an Elementalist? Ghast has to travel to its target which makes its a great melee addition since your right up on the target, but as a spellcaster, that benefit is diminished. 

Edited by WindWhisper
Spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, WindWhisper said:

Why would you use Ghast as an Elementalist? Ghast has to travel to its target which makes its a great melee addition since your right up on the target, but as a spellcaster, that benefit is diminished. 

You can ask this question to every ranger/mystic who has the set, you can get close to the target and it will be more efficient. It is a good starter set for the people who can't get higher ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Avaclon said:

You can ask this question to every ranger/mystic who has the set, you can get close to the target and it will be more efficient. It is a good starter set for the people who can't get higher ones.

Im not an expert, just an observation. Seems Elementalists have low HP and the survivability for them is limited (self healing), to using health potions. Mystics, Palys, Rangers, Warriors all have some form of a self heal, even if its small, while Elementalists do not, so Id want to keep my distance as much as I could. 

Like I said, Im no expert and Im not trying to debate you, Im just adding my thoughts to the subject =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WindWhisper said:

Im not an expert, just an observation. Seems Elementalists have low HP and the survivability for them is limited (self healing), to using health potions. Mystics, Palys, Rangers, Warriors all have some form of a self heal, even if its small, while Elementalists do not, so Id want to keep my distance as much as I could. 

Like I said, Im no expert and Im not trying to debate you, Im just adding my thoughts to the subject =)

I'm not an expert either my main is pala :P eles have the immunity rune (that let's you get 30%+ hp if an attack can kill you) and a chance % of getting healed depending on the shield.
Yes ghast isn't effective that much for ranged classes but it's better than most of the low sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ethernalobli said:

Best PATCH for PvP? Rotations and Set setup... adn runes!

 

Best Pvp path is cryomancer, you can find its runes in the 1st page of this topic, about the skills rotation I can't say since I didn't try it,  so ask a cryo player.

Sets should be the same damage dealing sets. (Not in PvP fair duel mode ofc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 4:48 PM, Contrive said:

It is my personal opinion that Dragon Breathing should not be used by Conjurer or Cryo Elementalists. It is on viable for Pyro and for PVP purposes. One could argue that Crystal Storm may be better for PVP than Dragon (they share cooldown) but it depends on if you want the CC (confuse effect) from Dragon or the Slow/Free from Crystal Storm. That aside though, Dragon is a PVE skil for Pyro only  in my opinion.

I play Conjurer and use Dragon Breathing because I currently have the 2 piece set that increases damage by 30%. If its played after Conjuring Force, Elemental Matrix and Windwall, it packs a pretty good punch and Im casting it with a reduced mana cost which means the following Ice Bolt and Descending Inferno will still be effective. Ive also tried Conjuring Force, Elemental Matrix, Windwall, Bolt, Inferno then Dragon Breathing but cannot discern which delivers more damage since I havent tried on totem yet. 

Once again, its in my rotation because I use the two piece Dragon Breath set that boosts damage 30%.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WindWhisper Try using the conj rotation in the 1st page, remember that conjuring force adds damage to every tick you do, so useForce > Matrix (More Int = more sDmg for the next skills) > Dragon (so all the ticks of the continuous damage gets the boost damage from force) > Magma (ticks same as dragon) > Spike (can reset force and will boost damage of incoming inferno & bolt) > Inferno > Bolt

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Alexmax said:

Aloha guys any rotation for Cryomancer???

a1dc66dedc75d029644e27eb9ccf3bb3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Avaclon said:

a1dc66dedc75d029644e27eb9ccf3bb3.png

Hi friend, thank you very much for your little help but I really do not understand, what do you mean about single fire bolt and tryple?: ...
thanks for your answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alexmax said:

Hi friend, thank you very much for your little help but I really do not understand, what do you mean about single fire bolt and tryple?: ...
thanks for your answer

Single is Fiery Magma and triple is Descending Inferno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pyro or Con, who is better in pvp/pve? And who is better dps wise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Agidyne said:

Pyro or Con, who is better in pvp/pve? And who is better dps wise?

Conj if you don't have 30% spell crit without the 10% of the pyro path because of the the damage coming out of pyro depends if the spells crit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Agidyne said:

Pyro or Con, who is better in pvp/pve? And who is better dps wise?

as avaclon has stated, pyro is dependent on how high spell crit

and while pyro is a great long-term investment to make, conjuror only requires you to master rotation and both are very effective in PvE and PvP situations

 

bottom line it's all about preference

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Pyromancer rotation:

  • Put in mind that Glacial Spike and Ice bolt are inferior skills to pyro so don't use them unless all the main skills [Wing,Dragon,Inferno,Magma,Matrix] are on cooldown.
  • You can swap Glacial Spike with Elemental Breath or Water Elemental as you like.

311fcbbc1b92d5cc49c0ac5e7c9da7f7.png

 

 

Explanation of why this rotation:

  1. Fiery Wing: As it's our main or second source of damage, so we want to use it as much as possible.
  2. Dragon Breath: Main source of damage and highest CD, so we want to make sure we use it as much as possible too, also with 3L set it gives 2 stacks instead of 1 which is very useful to start with.
  3. Descending Inferno: To try adding some stacks (1~3) if the fire balls crit.
  4. Fiery Magma: As stated in the Darksparks rune there is a chance to lower the CD of Descending Inferno if the damage dealt my Magma crits, so after we cast Matrix we will be able to cast Descending Inferno again.
  5. Elemental Matrix: Most of the time it adds the last stack to reset Wing, so it's like the last call option for easy stacks.
  6. Glacial Spike: Use it only if main skills (Fire skills) are on CD to maximize damage output.
  7. Ice Bolt: Use it only if main skills (Fire skills) are on CD to maximize damage output.
  8. Wind Wall or Wind Rush: When needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts  about using elemental breath or water elemental on Conjurer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agidyne said:

Any thoughts  about using elemental breath or water elemental on Conjurer?

I don't see benefits gained from using them instead of one of the skills in the rotation, in fact you might lose dps because you will replace them with Fiery Magma (best option) and fiery magma goes really well with conjuring force aside from its low cooldown so you will lose all that damage for 1 time damage skill.

Maybe they're worth for pyro but for conj I don't think so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Avaclon said:

I don't see benefits gained from using them instead of one of the skills in the rotation, in fact you might lose dps because you will replace them with Fiery Magma (best option) and fiery magma goes really well with conjuring force aside from its low cooldown so you will lose all that damage for 1 time damage skill.

Maybe they're worth for pyro but for conj I don't think so. 

But if we replace wind rush instead of fiery magma?

Edited by Agidyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agidyne said:

But if we replace wind rush instead of fiery magma?

Wind rush and wall is very important skills in each path, wind rush gives you a small shield, damage reduction, damages enemies in its path and long distance dash. It's a very important skill.

If you're dying from a certain AoE you can cast Wind Wall+Wind rush and you'll have 2 shields with damage reduction effect it's really helpful, best dash skill in the game so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/04/2018 at 11:14 PM, ShadowOfALegend said:

as avaclon has stated, pyro is dependent on how high spell crit

and while pyro is a great long-term investment to make, conjuror only requires you to master rotation and both are very effective in PvE and PvP situations

 

bottom line it's all about preference

But Shadow, I do not understand about Conj, I see many in PvP including, but what would be more EFFECTIVE for PvP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ethernalobli said:

But Shadow, I do not understand about Conj, I see many in PvP including, but what would be more EFFECTIVE for PvP?

Conj in PvP is really good if you want to burst people down from far range (since conjuring force gives you more range, highest range in the game so far).

Pyro in PvP is good as a DPS spec, you have same range as the rangers so keep that in mind. Higher damage than conj.

So pick what you want, do you want safe burst or all out burst?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now