Avaclon

Open guide for Elemental Mages (Add what you know)

71 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This what I came up with till now, feel free to correct or add your own opinions let's help each other.

Pyromancer path:

• Don't use crystal storm because it shares same cooldown with dragon.
  • 10 skills bar: Ice Bolt - Fiery Magma - Descending Inferno - Glacial Spike - Elemental Matrix - Dragon Breathing - Wind Wall - Windrush - Fiery Wing
  • Inferno Stacks: After 4 stacks your path skill's cooldown gets refreshed instantly, Elemental matrix adds 1 stack, Dragon breathing adds 1 stack, Descending Inferno's balls (if they crit) have a chance for adding stacks.
  • Don't spam stacks, wait for it to reach 50-75% then use a skill that can give a stack, gives your skills more time to come off cooldown.
  • Make sure you don't get 4 stacks when you already have path skill off cooldown, you'll waste damage output.

-Skills:
~All skills have the same range as the range of the basic attack.

• Basic attack: Single target.
  • Ice Bolt: Single target (1 tick)
  • Fiery Magma: Single target then explodes at the ends doing AoE damage. With a chance of launching another bolt at the target if it crits. Damages over time. (6-7 ticks)
  • Descending Inferno: Single target with a chance of exploding and doing AoE damage. (3-4 ticks)
  • Glacial spike: AoE damage, wraps the target. (1 tick)
  • Elemental Matrix: Single target then explodes at the end doing AoE damage. Damages over time. Sticks to the target. (6 ticks)
  • Dragon Breathing: AoE damage, causes chaos and damage over time in the same spot. Sets target on fire. (5 ticks)
  • Wind Wall: shield stays for 5 seconds (currently it gives me shield equivalent to 40% of my hp)
  • Windrush Form: Jumps about 60% of our basic attack range.
  • Fiery Wing: Single target, damages over time, If it crits gives a chance of sending a fireball to the target.(5 ticks, 6 ticks if it sends the fireball)

Bonus skills:

• Crystal Storm: AoE damage, damages over time (6 ticks)
Edited by Avaclon
2 people like this

My rotation for pyromancer. Fiery wing, Elemental matrix, Dragon breath, Descending Inferno, Fiery Magma and ice bolt.  

My Pyro rotation for now is:

Fiery Wing - Dragon Breathing- Descending inferno - Ice bolt - Fiery Magma - Glacial spike- Elemental Matrix

Conjuror rotation (by Pasticcino/SvenVarg):

Conjuring force - ice bolt - descending inferno - elemental matrix - glacial spike - ( add what you want, I add Fiery Magma - Dragon Breathing) - Windwall & Windrush when needed

Conjurer Initial Testing Results:

Conjuring Force - Summons a force shield centered on the Mage, enhancing damage dealt by allies within. 20 second cooldown. Path Bonus: "Conjuring Force causes 335 damage when Mage deals damage to their target. (This seems to be adding 335 to the top end of your damage range.)

DPS Increase from Conjuring Force (Position Based DPS Increase)
Ranger with Tamer Buff: 3.5k DPS
Mystic with Tamer Buff: 3.5k DPS
Conjurer Elementalist with Tamer Buff: 3.2K DPS (Pyro and Cryo TBD)

Elemental Matrix - Using this skill increases Intellect by 100.5%, and gives allied Mystics and Elementalists Intellect by 50.25%. Cooldown: 9 Seconds.

DPS Increase from Elemental Matrix (Non-Position Based DPS Increase)
Ranger with Tamer Buff: N/A
Mystic with Tamer Buff: 2.2K DPS
Conjurer Elementalist with Tamer Buff: 1.8K DPS (Pyro and Cryo TBD)

Passive Enemy Debuff from Skill: Glacial Spike

Glacial Spike - Enemies hit by Glacial Spike take extra elemental damage.

DPS Increase from Glacial Spike Debuff
Ranger with Tamer Buff: Unknown
Mystic with Tamer Buff: 1.2~1.5K DPS
Conjurer Elementalist with Tamer Buff: 1.1-1.4K DPS (Pyro and Cryo TBD)

Note: 
Average Uptime of Buffs is approximately 60% of total fight time which can drop to maybe 40% based on fight movement. This is all initial testing and some theory mixed in.

- Cork (Paladin - Fertile Gorge) / Bleak (Elementalist - Fertile Gorge) 

-C
1 person likes this

Conjurer Rotation: 
Conjuring Force -- Elemental Matrix -- Glacial Spike -- Fiery Magma -- Descending Inferno -- Wind Wall -- Crystal Storm -- Ice Bolt 

Priority: 
Recast Glacial Spike on Cooldown and if it resets Conjuring Force, then recast this spell. Also always cast Elemental Matrix on cooldown. All other spells should follow your recast of Glacial Spike due to the damage increase. 

Note on Wind Wall: 
Because this skill reduces the mana cost of skills and Conjurer DPS is increased when you have more mana it is ideal to cast this spell before Crystal Storm as it has the highest Mana Cost of all spells. The use of Wind Wall should and will shift in the rotation to either earlier or later depending on the particular fight. It is most likely (number crunching required) better to case Wind Wall right before incoming AOE damage as it will reflect the damage back to the target. In such situations, delaying Crystal Storm in the rotation may be more beneficial. There is also a possibility that Wind Wall coming 3rd in the rotation may be better (think arcane shield pre-MG for mystics) 

1 person likes this

It is my personal opinion that Dragon Breathing should not be used by Conjurer or Cryo Elementalists. It is on viable for Pyro and for PVP purposes. One could argue that Crystal Storm may be better for PVP than Dragon (they share cooldown) but it depends on if you want the CC (confuse effect) from Dragon or the Slow/Free from Crystal Storm. That aside though, Dragon is a PVE skil for Pyro only  in my opinion.

Is a 5 button Phone rotation viable for Elemental Pyromancer?

Can you just get by with Elemental Matrix, Ice Bolt, Fiery Magma, Descending Inferno, Dragon Breathing and Fiery Wing?

What's the best fit for this, or is the Elementalist designed more for a PC 10 button interface?

Comments?

1 minute ago, Xanatos said:

Can you just get by with Elemental Matrix, Ice Bolt, Fiery Magma, Descending Inferno, Dragon Breathing and Fiery Wing?

What's the best fit for this, or is the Elementalist designed more for a PC 10 button interface?

Comments?

Viable of course, but as any other class 10 skills gives you more options and more damage (if you know what you're doing with them)

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Xanatos said:

Comments?

When I used 5 skills, i used all you said above but i switched out ice bolt for windrush to move around.

Edited by ShadowOfALegend

On 09/03/2018 at 5:03 PM, Avaclon said:

This what I came up with till now, feel free to correct or add your own opinions let's help each other.

Pyromancer path:

• Don't use crystal storm because it shares same cooldown with dragon.
  • 10 skills bar: Ice Bolt - Fiery Magma - Descending Inferno - Glacial Spike - Elemental Matrix - Dragon Breathing - Wind Wall - Windrush - Fiery Wing
  • Inferno Stacks: After 4 stacks your path skill's cooldown gets refreshed instantly, Elemental matrix adds 1 stack, Dragon breathing adds 1 stack, Descending Inferno's balls (if they crit) have a chance for adding stacks.
  • Don't spam stacks, wait for it to reach 50-75% then use a skill that can give a stack, gives your skills more time to come off cooldown.
  • Make sure you don't get 4 stacks when you already have path skill off cooldown, you'll waste damage output.

-Skills:
~All skills have the same range as the range of the basic attack.

• Basic attack: Single target.
  • Ice Bolt: Single target (1 tick)
  • Fiery Magma: Single target then explodes at the ends doing AoE damage. With a chance of launching another bolt at the target if it crits. Damages over time. (6-7 ticks)
  • Descending Inferno: Single target with a chance of exploding and doing AoE damage. (3-4 ticks)
  • Glacial spike: AoE damage, wraps the target. (1 tick)
  • Elemental Matrix: Single target then explodes at the end doing AoE damage. Damages over time. Sticks to the target. (6 ticks)
  • Dragon Breathing: AoE damage, causes chaos and damage over time in the same spot. Sets target on fire. (5 ticks)
  • Wind Wall: shield stays for 5 seconds (currently it gives me shield equivalent to 40% of my hp)
  • Windrush Form: Jumps about 60% of our basic attack range.
  • Fiery Wing: Single target, damages over time, If it crits gives a chance of sending a fireball to the target.(5 ticks, 6 ticks if it sends the fireball)

Bonus skills:

• Crystal Storm: AoE damage, damages over time (6 ticks)

I think if going for your  rotation it would be best to use the d1 wind rush set as conjuror.becuase your rotation inserts windrush into the mix and the set goves garunteed cooldown reset on glacial spike.although it would be hard to get glacial to reset cooldown as even on 55 lvl on the sub path it has only 16% reset chance.and windrush has a long cooldown making it harder to time both skills together.and if you ask ava.yes ive tried it.your 5 skill rotaion too.but still conjurur has disadvantage in pvp and pve.unless as you said team sticks together. 

20 hours ago, Contrive said:

Conjurer Rotation: 
Conjuring Force -- Elemental Matrix -- Glacial Spike -- Fiery Magma -- Descending Inferno -- Wind Wall -- Crystal Storm -- Ice Bolt 

Priority: 
Recast Glacial Spike on Cooldown and if it resets Conjuring Force, then recast this spell. Also always cast Elemental Matrix on cooldown. All other spells should follow your recast of Glacial Spike due to the damage increase. 

Note on Wind Wall: 
Because this skill reduces the mana cost of skills and Conjurer DPS is increased when you have more mana it is ideal to cast this spell before Crystal Storm as it has the highest Mana Cost of all spells. The use of Wind Wall should and will shift in the rotation to either earlier or later depending on the particular fight. It is most likely (number crunching required) better to case Wind Wall right before incoming AOE damage as it will reflect the damage back to the target. In such situations, delaying Crystal Storm in the rotation may be more beneficial. There is also a possibility that Wind Wall coming 3rd in the rotation may be better (think arcane shield pre-MG for mystics) 

I think avalcon's addition of windrush makes your rotation even more viable as i mentioned.it gives reset to glacial spike if you have the d1 set (windrush)

But again its painful to wait windrush's cool down out

Runes

Red: Must upgrade/ Green: Optional upgrade (if you want you can level them up)/ Black; Useless for the path.

Pyromancer:

f2f1ddd3ea70e26023bbf334c9837cce.png

Cryomancer:

cd90f7c621a05f7d22c670b22a789217.png

Conjuror:

If you're going to use Crystal Storm, then upgrade Arctic Blast and don't upgrade Dragon's Fury & Flame Wall (Optimal)

If you're going to use Dragon Breathing, then upgrade Dragon's Fury & Flame Wall and don't upgrade Arctic Blast

b8b6800d9c4566fe3d79056908c083b9.png

1 person likes this

Best Conjuror rotation for now:

(You can use Crystal Storm instead of Dragon Breath as you desire)

86083022a1c746e8cb4b19da1ef47fdf.png

1 hour ago, Avaclon said:

Best Conjuror rotation for now:

Little adjustment: Moved Glacial Spike to 5th for the buff

98cbb8ace8fc1733afe8220975007501.png

1 person likes this

Legendary sets:

L - Pyromancer

(2) All skill levels +2

(3) Using Red Dragon Breath grants 2 stacks of inflame.

(4) Fiery Wing damage increased 30% and cooldown reduced by 3 seconds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L - Cryomancer

(2) All skill levels +2

(3) Casting Ice Bolt decreases the cooldown of Crystal Storm by 1 second.

(4) Frost Vortex damage increased 30% and cooldown reduced by 3 seconds.

L - Conjuror

(2) All skill levels +2

(3) Conjuring Force increases self cast speed by 10%.

(4) The duration of Conjuring Force increases by 30%.

any thoughts on the divine set with blaze? (from using aldorr medals)

On 3/17/2018 at 10:45 AM, Avaclon said:

Little adjustment: Moved Glacial Spike to 5th for the buff

98cbb8ace8fc1733afe8220975007501.png

My exact rotation bro

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, beancurd said:

any thoughts on the divine set with blaze? (from using aldorr medals)

It looks decent but I don't like the (2) 30% on AoE damage from dragon (not the instant impact damage) and the (3) increase Incandescent damage if the target is 70%+ hp which is useless IMO since we have our burst and the sets that can be put in its place.

Posted (edited)

On 22/03/2018 at 11:54 AM, Avaclon said:

L conjuntos egendary:

L - Pyromancer

(2) Todos os níveis de habilidade +2

(3) Usando uma Respiração do Dragão Vermelho, conceda 2 pilhas de inflamação.

(4) O dano de Fogo aumentou 30% e a recarga foi bonita em 3 segundos.

L - Cryomancer

(3) O lançamento de Ice Bolt reduz o tempo de recarga de Crystal Storm em 1 segundo.

(4) O dano do Vórtice de Gelo aumentou 30% e o tempo de recarga foi reduzido em 3 segundos.

L - Conjuror

(3) A força de conjunção aumenta a velocidade de autodireção em 10%.

(4) A duração da Força conjurada aumenta em 30%.

In addition to the buff L which do you recommend to use in a pyro focused on pve?

Edited by Kesttra

45 minutes ago, Kesttra said:

In addition to the buff L which do you recommend to use in a pyro focused on pve?

Good rotation of skills, decent amount of spell crit (since almost everything in pyro depends if the spell crits) and good sets: which might be Blood Thirst/Manaflame/D1Dragon/Ghast/Malum/Plague/Armillion/Arcane/Spinning/Beacon.

Any good suggestion on sets for Conjuror? I only have 3 manaflame pieces rn