Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Msb

Faction Chat - An alarming Issue.

4 posts in this topic

Why do we not have an option to filter this? 

Why is it not moderated? 

Why can you not report people during cross-server PvP?

What benefits did you actually see implementing this system? 

Did you forget you have younger players playing this game? Have you really forgotten the market you provide for? How would their parents feel seeing what is being discussed in faction chat? 

Have you actually logged in to your own personal accounts to look at; How distracting this chat is, how unfiltered the chats that take place here?

I hope this is addressed, because right now it's nothing more than a spam party outlining how poorly controlled your game is right now, quite honestly, it's embarrassing. I don't feel like I can even leave my device auto-farming anymore just because I don't dare for the little one to pick up my tablet and ask what does x-y-z mean which he has seen on the chat.

You really dropped the ball on this one. You added a platform for communications with no option to filter language, no option to filter what we can and can't see.

Suggestion:

Add a toggle option to decide when faction chat is enabled cross server. - This can reduce spam during daily activities.

Add a filter to enable certain servers as/when we feel. - To help co-ordinate cross server activities, arenas, faction, whatever.

Add a language filter to address our younger player base.

Add functionality to the report system whilst inside PvP areas. 

I know i'm not alone on this, so feel free to include your own suggestions and hopefully this get addressed, sooner rather than later.

3 people like this

Same here, x-server faction is  big mistake on this update,, useless feature...too many talktrash,spam,idiot on faction channel..guild chat is enough for asking help for faction. Then why u add guild faction while u add this useless feature..think about it bro, thank u

1 person likes this

We're currently working on a way to disable faction chat. I'll see about the reporting people in pvp zones. Language filters are fairly easy to evade unfortunately, if you have specific requests for inclusion I'm happy to consider them.

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Ocho said:

We're currently working on a way to disable faction chat. I'll see about the reporting people in pvp zones. Language filters are fairly easy to evade unfortunately, if you have specific requests for inclusion I'm happy to consider them.

Hi Ocho, thanks for the prompt reply. As for specific requests to censor, I feel just your usual bits and bobs to make it a more pleasant experience for our younger player base, giving us who let our children play these games a little more peace of mind that it’s a safer gaming environment. 

I’m glad to see a disable function is being looked into, as it is much needed. 

E: Is there anyway we can have some clarity of the reporting process? Not to be a spoil sport, but offensive and derogatory usernames have surfaced since the release of faction chat and it would be nice to learn more about that process as it definitely needs a username cleanup! 

Edited by Msb