h4NKiez

Can we talk about how this update simultaneous ruined PvE and PvP in general?

38 posts in this topic

I enjoy aspects of Fair Duel (now PvP Battlegrounds), but to make PvP more or less exclusively Fair Duel has rendered PvP in general obsolete. What's the point if everyone has the exact same everything, everywhere? There isn't enough class/path customization to provide any sort of real variety in play, we can have all but two of the exact same skills on, and most of the time classes have the same exact layout when it comes to PvP.

To make matters worse, none of the PvE gear can be used in PvP now save for maybe Aldor 3s and weekend team arenas. To make PvE gear exclusively for pushing PvE content is a HUGE MISTAKE. I have spent too much time, energy, and money grinding on legendary gear for it's sole purpose to be to continue to grind for more PvE gear in upcoming raids (which on the whole, have not been very good or interesting either). You can't even use your set bonuses in any of the PvP... what is the point now?

This exact same update happened in China and it was met with a lot of resistance. I can't believe the same update was carbon copy implemented on our servers as well. I would have hoped the real devs for this game in China would have learned from that mistake, but apparently not. To say that I'm unhappy with this update is a grave understatement. I've spent over $10K on this game between characters and I'm ashamed now. I love supporting game development when I think there is a lot of potential, but this update was a spit in my face. The gear that has been the focus of our grind up until this point is now nearly worthless, good for bragging rights alone which is not nearly enough. Sadly this might be the final straw and I know I'm not alone on my server, and I'd imagine many share the same sentiments elsewhere.

I don't really have anything constructive to offer even, I don't know how you can fix this besides undoing the majority of this update. If this is the direction the game is going, I think you're going to lose a lot of your player base, and unfortunately for you it's the portion of your player base that has bank-rolled this gaming endeavor.

5 people like this

How is it fair to have 4/4 l set vs 0/4 l set in pvp.. Attack speed n 30% dmg inc on suppresion is insane in pvp.. 

I'm not saying that it should be everywhere, but instead of restricting PvE gear maybe make PvP gear better? Let people mix and match? For all of faction, all of the pvp areas, all battlegrounds, and some arenas to be Fair Duel is pointless. It's not even about being able to one shot people, it's about variety in builds, sets, skills, play and we are very limited now.

1 person likes this

Besides that, legendary gear is a lot easier to get now than it was. Once you have it, you have it, so the market gets saturated and drives prices down. There are so many turn-ins through survival and daily rewards that with some luck, you'll either get a piece or find something to sell to buy your own eventually. All of that is a moot point now until you're looking for big numbers, which you'll only ever care about inside of an instance.

Seems like you just want legends to rule over pve and pvp all together. Which now its forcing you to also grind pvp gear with pvp stats/sets to be able to pvp. You wanna go back to 1-2 shots 90% of people and have them laying at your feet again so it seems lol. 

1 person likes this

I want the time and money I spent on this game, where the SOLE focus for gear was this endless legendary grind, to not just be completely abandoned. PvE gear is worthless.

I read two main points:

• fair pvp is useless/senseless/even boring  without plenty of customization options (skillbuilds, paths)

-> agree cause everyone is playing the same „card deck“

but even with pve gear its the same. i dont think the pve sets have so much more combatstyles to offer right now. 

in unfair pvp winning or losing depends on pve progress, time and money investment. skill is also a factor, but the higher the gearrating difference the lesser the skill influence to win or lose.

so skill in general means: u win against someone who has exact same conditions or even better than you.

but what rly is skill?

->being a step further

->know enemy/read enemy 

->reactions

->usuall game knowledge  (stats, rotations: mana/dmg balance, burst dmg or dot)

-> combat knowledge (positioning, team coordination, teamcompostion/harmony, adapt to your enemy/change your own skills to counter and so on)

-> early/mid/end game focus

(just look at counterstrike, LoL, football, chess)

I think CoL needs more variations, playstyles.

so: 

sets/gems/runes with more impact on the fight/the skills/the player decisions

more skills/more paths/more classes

but: everyone should be able to participate, without spending 6 months of grinding

so: make a fair pvp and an unfair pvp -> add good content for both sides

• sec point: pve gear is now useless (or not worth the time/money investment)

because its only worthy in pve.

I understand your point: u want to use your hard gained stuff. as mentioned above: make more unfair pvp content as well as solution for future updates.

and: if truth be told: 10k? u are crazy, sry. buy a gaming pc and get a real mmo. CoL is nice but still the product of mobile gaming/money making and the good old dungeons and dragons dice rolling/fantasy concept hype by world of warcraft.

CoL is based on grinding/upgrading your stuff endlessly to force u to invest in ur progress.

I wondered because CoL is not that p2win right now as other mmo’s. thats why I started playing it. the new update is a step, just a step in the right direction for me. I hope they will implement the suggestions stated above. cause fair pvp needs a deep variety of skills to demand the player. if not...where and how can we show our skillzzzzzzz?

1 person likes this

How many times do I have to say it's not about being able to one shot people. I don't care about that. What motivates me to PvE is to get new sets and gear to play with in arenas and PvP. Fair Duel as it is now leaves no room for customization. Everyone in the same gear (single pvp set, Fishing lulz), same skills, same everything. It's already boring.

WoW did a better job with this, and as a subsidiary, I would hope NetEase would do the same. They introduced resilience as a PvP stat that made PvP gear better than PvE gear in arenas (although you could still use both, although glass cannons were risky). Battlegrounds allowed whatever gear you wanted as well.

Posted (edited)

I'm fine with Fair Battle the only thing that piss me off is how unbalanced the classes are. They should have work on class balancing first before they even put this so called "Fair" Battle.

PS: I agree for more customization coz if it remains this way it will be boring soon.

Edited by Enrage
2 people like this

You might be in the US. But this game is MADE IN CHINA. 

Communism = Equal gears for all! hahahahahah

18 hours ago, Crashing player said:

Seems like you just want legends to rule over pve and pvp all together. Which now its forcing you to also grind pvp gear with pvp stats/sets to be able to pvp. You wanna go back to 1-2 shots 90% of people and have them laying at your feet again so it seems lol. 

What if every 90 days all your PvE gear was wiped. And you had to regrind. After the DEVELOPERS OFFERED rewards to cash players.
This update was terrible. In a game that allows cash for rewards any player with 10k+ should kill a $0 player 100% of the time. If you have an issue with that then don't play any MMO that has a Cash Shop.
What this update did was made raid gear obsolete. And on top of that they Nerfed every raid into the ground. Pulrik got nerfed AGAIN. Todt is weaker than Handy Hammer. They released a giant casual content update and rework and turned their backs on the players who financially made this update possible.Z

The amount of core players in our guild that are not just talking about quitting but instead ACTUALLY quitting because of this update is terrifying. Whenever forum cryers say a game is dying I laugh at them and troll them. But this is really really bad. The amount of refunds going out this week is immense. Just in Thundercall Forest I can guarantee you in the ballpark of $50k in refunds.

On top of nerfing every single piece of high end content to make the game casual...they added a raid that panda and ocho said, and I quote from the live steam "May not be clearable for up to 6 months". So nerf everything currently out to complete ****...and implement impossible raid. This is BAD programming. This is BAD PR. This is BAD.

So far every casher who built this game...and understand the CASHERS BUILT THIS GAME. Who put the first 10s of thousands of crystals into rotation? Who allows the crystal market to thrive so the rest of us can make gold? They have now had the developers turn their backs on them. And bar them from expressing the full extent of their power through the grind and cashing that THEY OFFERED TO SAID PLAYERS. They have turned them into high end PvE players only.

In legal terms, all of this money can be refunded under false advertisement. Because it was FALSELY ADVERTISED TO THE PLAYER BASE that spending money would provide an advantage over other players.

And anyone who likes this fair duel faction update...in 90 days when they reset your gear and wipe faction again, you're gonna be here pissing and moaning just like the rest of us. And if you say well we knew this was possible...you guys know they originally planned survival to be 3 month seasons also? With a full rep wipe. It's still in the survival details. Imagine how that would feel. All your hard work for demi-god for agility circles gone in 1 update. It's going to happen.

TL;DR a massive amount of players are ACTUALLY quitting and refunding. They aren't lying. It's not a scare tactic. For once you need to strongly consider the implications of such a royal **** up. If ever there was a content reversal worth doing, this is it.

I started this game to grind hard to get legendaries and i was playing for PVP only. Now i can throw all my legendaries to trash bin and only play on  PVP side of this game , no need to run daily or anything for PVP which is fun and yet i can be equal as 1 year of player, This company must be mad or out of their mind :D haha really fvked up for sure a lot of ppl will quit eventually 

1 person likes this

lol 

why u pay so much for a mobile game?

and why u want to play pvp when u like to buy the win?

U know what I like fair pvp and world pvp in this update

If you want kill people with credit card crit or just 1-2 shot - this isnt game for u.

On 09.03.2018 at 3:47 AM, Aalelorn said:

In legal terms, all of this money can be refunded under false advertisement. Because it was FALSELY ADVERTISED TO THE PLAYER BASE that spending money would provide an advantage over other players.

Nope. "provide an advantage over other players" is not equal "advantage over other players in PvP". First lines in DPS-meter in raids - it's also "advantage over other players". It's not a p2w game. 

Poor p2w player now crying because he can no longer own people with his 99999999999999999999 CR in pvp area which he spent $10k? 

Seriously, I am very disappointed with this kind of people. How do you understand fair duel? tbh, I like the pvp now. the only challenge for me are tank pally's and no, elementalist are a pest. I'm just glad they haven't made the class OP.

Anyways, that's you, you can keep on crying. byeeeee!

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Almuranazz said:

Poor p2w player now crying because he can no longer own people with his 99999999999999999999 CR in pvp area which he spent $10k? 

Seriously, I am very disappointed with this kind of people. How do you understand fair duel? tbh, I like the pvp now. the only challenge for me are tank pally's and no, elementalist are a pest. I'm just glad they haven't made the class OP.

Anyways, that's you, you can keep on crying. byeeeee!

That's probably because you're showing us that you're too limited to understand that putting everyone with same stats at a pre-fixed talent level does not make at all a fair fight.

It just favorises the best classes at talent level 50, classes not affected by the PvP debuff on healing or damage. (Paladin, Elementalist and Mystic in a way).

In addition, it reduces the general gameplay of the arena. Arena are far more amusing and fun when you are at high rank because people don't get OS, you resist most of the CC thanks to runepath and Tyrant's Armor set, and you can from that point start having strategies and gameplays against setups or players. What you're doing is just farming limited and scripted mechanics, it's like farming mobs, there is no dynamism, no brain, no skill.

Currently, you just nuke one guy under a full CC, and he can't do ****, no matter the skill the player has.

This game has no diminishing  returns on CC, no CC at all except sleep so no logic , no fake cast/kick cast mechanic, it's like PvP dummies.
But it goes with everything in this game, rewarding the pathetic and whinning Y Generation to make them not frustrated, easing things at maximum because, poor kids, they have been assisted their whole life.

In addition, the most geared PvP players used to one shot low players in Wow, it wasn't a big deal, just the logical, consequence of the difference  of gear, that was logical, and if we have arenas with the same quality of Wow, or even OaC, maybe it will be better.

I remember RedPanda saying he didn't know what were diminishing returns in PvP, it just shows the general level of knowledges and experiences NetEase has.

Edited by Xiris
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dude.. Ur post is hilarious.. 

1.this a mobile game less than 1 gb

2. Ppl play on 7'' screen.. I dono why u compare this with wow.. Lol... That game is so huge there was no mobile version

3. Pvp.. Ur ratings reset but u have the farmed gears...the same rewards or ranking can be achieved again in new season..... Y ppl expect to be on top forever? 

4.pve...u farm the raid get rewards.. Company release new raid u farm that... Even a p2w has to do every single one of em for set piece or upgrade.. Comparing to wow:every piece of old gear after patch release is useless no one complained that game completed 1 decade.. 

5.this game is played by many ppl with different mind set.. They kept the difficulty of raid for a long time.. If only a group of ppl can clear it and the majority of server only dream of doing it is waste of time.. Tbh. A few guilds cleared sam before nerf.. 

6.the current set of ppl threatening to quit r not the last herd of cows.. There ll be more of em..if u r against nerf then u r the type of guys who roll on low geared players with big titles n stuff... 

Btw ur post was psyche.. Bye gl with ur nxt mmo.. I hope u dont start this there.. 😘😘

And one more thing.. I agree with u on that farming low's like mobs.. Game needs time.. Try giving it some.. 

Edited by Doffi
1 person likes this

Xiris.. I saw on spid video.. U play on comp dude.. U cant macro a fake cast like in wow.. Blizzard is huge.. But its netease give em time.. 

1 person likes this

I for one like the Adversary mode and the new wpvp and Aldorr 5v5.

I still can't kill geared Paladin tank but neither can he kill me - it's a stallmate, so I guess that's fine.

In case you missed the new update, there is no such thing as Fair Duel anymore. wpvp and 5v5 Aldorr now uses Adversary attributes. You need to pvp to buy gear and gems. I'm currently 12/6 T1 Fishing gear, all blue defensive pvp gems and all purple offensive pvp gems. And yes, I can oneshot ungeared players (or players who use raid gear) in wpvp.

You want to kill with your sets in pvp? go guild hunts.

So are the pvp divines (torah, windsoul, etc.) of any use in pvp now?

7 minutes ago, Dracula_X said:

So are the pvp divines (torah, windsoul, etc.) of any use in pvp now?

No. For Faction pvp and Aldorr 5v5 you need the gear with Adversary attributes. Buy it in Adversary Chamber store.

Currently all 5 set bonuses of "T1 - Fishing" gear are broken. Basically you are only getting the gear for Adversary base attributes - Adversary damage boost and Adversary damage reduction.