Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Esrun

Need clarification about skill upgrades

2 posts in this topic

I noticed that skill point upgrades and +skill from legendary gear are applied differently.

For example let's look at Mystic's Dread Blast skill. At base level 45 it will say:

Level-up effects: -Increases damage

Upgrade effects: -Fear duration increases at level 50. Casting range increases at level 50.

It seems that Upgrade effect only is applied to base level, i.e. you may have +20 points from legendary gear but it will not affect the Casting range for Dread Blast. Once you start upgrading skill with skill points obtained from Mystica, you can see that Upgrade effects change.

For example I upgraded Dread Blast to base level 50 and now it says:

Upgrade effects: -Fear duration increases at level 80. Casting range increases at level 80.

So I'm assuming it did increase range slightly. I will test it when time permits to compare with Mystic at base level 45 Dread Blast. I'm not hoping for insane range increase. So far I have not noticed much of increase.

Therefore I conclude that "Upgrade effects" mean upgrading your skill with Mystica skill points and "Level-up" is increasing skill with either +skill or Mystica skill points. Not all skills have "Upgrade effects".

Anyway, the real question is about the class spell. For Mystic Light Sigil it says:

The next level will be unlocked when all active skills reach level 55.

It seems to me that they are talking about base level of skill here.

Is it true?

If yes, do two new skills that you get at character level 55 also need to be at base level 55?

I have also tried this before

In my case, i did test it with flaming sigil on warrior. At level 50 you get increased movement speed and normal attack damage. In my case, i did not notice any differences after upgrading the skill above level 50. 

Even though i found no difference, i still believe that the base is what needs to be level 50 as you get the notice to level 80 as next upgrade effect once you reach lvl 50 base (as you mentioned before).

IMO, just like we used to have the skill upgrade effects on lvl 50 without mystica release (being unable to get base upgrade effects to lvl 50), we now have it at level 80. Meaning for now, upgrade effects to a maximum of 55 can be achieved. With this logic, upgrade effects to a maximum of 80 base can only be achieved with a future patch for base skill max level increase ( again, just like we saw on mystica release)

All of this is speculation, so keep in mind that having the skills at lvl 80 is not a bad thing in any way, as skill levels from legendaries still scale level up effects.