Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
h4NKiez

Faction Reset clarification

19 posts in this topic

@RedPanda

The in-game mail we all received about faction reset is the opposite of what you and Ocho had mentioned on the live stream last week. It says "With the end of Season 1, pvp titles, faction, and bonus attributes will be reset." Is this true - everyone is going to lose the attributes earned from the current pvp ranks?

This amounts to a substantial DPS loss and is a huge setback for progression teams working through the current content. I mean we're talking months of re-grinding. I understand that two new star circles and other features to boost dps will be introduced, but c'mon. If anything reward the current players by locking the faction attribute rewards when the seasons end by making rank attributes cumulative and allow everyone the opportunity to grind them out for additional attributes in the new season.

1 person likes this

Unless when selecting the "new" faction you get your corresponding rank back? If that's the case, the reset seems more or less pointless aside from aligning faction with the new guild faction feature. I'm just curious - thanks.

500 hours of gameplay for nothing, gg

1 person likes this

I definitely would like some form of communication and as clear as it's going to get

Guys if you watched the last stream you wont be asking this on forum..

Now to answer your question, Panda said we can freely swap any faction we want without any side effects of losing our rank and stat gains, it will just carry over if ever you switch from dark to light etc.. add to that you will have additional buff if you chose the faction of your same guild.

hope that clarifies anything and it doesn't hurt to watch the streams for any clarification and announcement

Posted (edited)

we just received ingame mails.. that states the exact opposite of what they said on the stream.. thats why op is asking for clarification..

hope that clarifies anything and it doesnt hurt to read the post before replying for any clarification.. :P

Edited by whitERaven
3 people like this

If you are looking for achievements then switch factions.

9 hours ago, SinBaD said:

Guys if you watched the last stream you wont be asking this on forum..

Now to answer your question, Panda said we can freely swap any faction we want without any side effects of losing our rank and stat gains, it will just carry over if ever you switch from dark to light etc.. add to that you will have additional buff if you chose the faction of your same guild.

hope that clarifies anything and it doesn't hurt to watch the streams for any clarification and announcement

Please re-read the in-game email sent to everyone regarding this which has caused all the confusion, and then reassess what you posted.

It doesn't hurt to also read the in-game emails for any "clarification and announcement."

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, snizzle said:

If you are looking for achievements then switch factions.

Its just a max of 50 achi points hahaha ill rather stay the faction im in with those bonus stats if i do get to keep them. 

You will not lose your earned rank.

Once the reset happens you will need to pick your faction again, you can pick the same one you had before or you can pick a different one. When that happens all relevant reputation and achievements will transfer.

1 person likes this

@Straylight sorry haven’t read the mail when I commented but hey panda said it in live stream sooo.. and he clarified us now 

49 minutes ago, SinBaD said:

@Straylight sorry haven’t read the mail when I commented but hey panda said it in live stream sooo.. and he clarified us now 

It wouldn't have been the first time that things "fluctuated" in this game....