CFunky

Class swap

67 posts in this topic

@RedPanda I play on Thundercall forest UTC-8 character name CapWarlock. My main issue I've sent in multiple tickets regarding roll back. I've lost 2 million gold. My bow went from SS back to A grade. Lost 13 bloods and 4 legendary essence. 2 pieces of legendary went from grade 335 back to 272. I get generic non helpful replies when contact team does respond an I swear they don't speak English or understand my issues with game. Now Netease is introducing New class and no class swap offered? All these people including myself have spent valuable time and effort building our main classes just to get swindled into making new ones to spend money on a game that doesn't seem to care about their consumers. Not good business strategy imo. Even with the event going on, why make it where you can level a class from 1-55 and get no rune essence either? That doesn't seem fair. Most level 55s already have runes maxed to at least 40. Doesn't seem worth it. An if they do introduce class swap it wouldn't surprise me if it resets everything to 0 which will discourage and enrage alot of people. Due to lack of help and response I'm almost at the point of requesting my money back I've spent on the game. Wouldn't even care if they ban the account because of it as I would quit playing at that point. I've spent so much time and effort it seems my money and time would be better spent elsewhere on other games and corporations that actually care about their consumers vs whay I've seen this far from netease. Please fix these issues on behalf of your consumers. I think everyone here agrees it is only fair to incorporate class swap so that the old players can start fresh with new class just the same as someone new starting. If they use a level up potion would it not be fair to start out with what a lvl 55 already had grinded to get for stats? An if we did class swap we are just switching skills so it would be same as character we currently have just different play style. I would like to see this incorporated in the future or else what is the point of continuing playing? What incentive do we have to continue on if we no longer enjoy the game based off of Netease biased controls and OP classes? Let's not even go into Paladins and their unfair advantages they have over all classes!

12 hours ago, CaptWarlock said:

I think everyone here agrees it is only fair to incorporate class swap so that the old players can start fresh with new class just the same as someone new starting. 

Hahahaha seriously??? Ummm you can start a new class just like a new player. You do know that right? "It is only fair" lmfao. Wouldnt be fair at all lol there would be 40-80k cr ele mage right off the bat if so while that new player is not even 10k cr. "It is only fair" hahaha. 

18 hours ago, CaptWarlock said:

@RedPanda I play on Thundercall forest UTC-8 character name CapWarlock. My main issue I've sent in multiple tickets regarding roll back. I've lost 2 million gold. My bow went from SS back to A grade. Lost 13 bloods and 4 legendary essence. 2 pieces of legendary went from grade 335 back to 272. I get generic non helpful replies when contact team does respond an I swear they don't speak English or understand my issues with game. Now Netease is introducing New class and no class swap offered? All these people including myself have spent valuable time and effort building our main classes just to get swindled into making new ones to spend money on a game that doesn't seem to care about their consumers. Not good business strategy imo. Even with the event going on, why make it where you can level a class from 1-55 and get no rune essence either? That doesn't seem fair. Most level 55s already have runes maxed to at least 40. Doesn't seem worth it. An if they do introduce class swap it wouldn't surprise me if it resets everything to 0 which will discourage and enrage alot of people. Due to lack of help and response I'm almost at the point of requesting my money back I've spent on the game. Wouldn't even care if they ban the account because of it as I would quit playing at that point. I've spent so much time and effort it seems my money and time would be better spent elsewhere on other games and corporations that actually care about their consumers vs whay I've seen this far from netease. Please fix these issues on behalf of your consumers. I think everyone here agrees it is only fair to incorporate class swap so that the old players can start fresh with new class just the same as someone new starting. If they use a level up potion would it not be fair to start out with what a lvl 55 already had grinded to get for stats? An if we did class swap we are just switching skills so it would be same as character we currently have just different play style. I would like to see this incorporated in the future or else what is the point of continuing playing? What incentive do we have to continue on if we no longer enjoy the game based off of Netease biased controls and OP classes? Let's not even go into Paladins and their unfair advantages they have over all classes!

No. It wouldn’t be fair to give people the essences. The potion itself is stupid as hell. The trial quest system is how new players can catch up. I would be absolutely pissed if some kid got 800+ rune levels worth of runes on top of insta server level. 

ESPECIALLY because the level up potions are abuseable anyways. 

How many more free handout crying forum posts are we gonna get this week?

Implement class swap potion. Bar it from being used to become elementalist for 6 months. Which is about how long pallys have been out. After 6 months allow it.

Or restrict it solely to the original 3 classes.

Edited by Aalelorn

As an old gamer myself, many of you here posting probably werent even born when we were raiding on EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot and Anarchy. And every game had a post on the forums complaining about balance and the idle threats of leaving.

So let me get this straight, 

You selected one of the three original classes, leveled it, geared it, and now because Netease introduces a new class (second new class since release), you feel that you should be able to “swap” from your original choice, to an equally leveled, equally geared, Elementalist?

Aint gonna happen,  bruh

hell-no.. class swap will create dis-balance in game. most will go to mystic. 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Joseph said:

So let me get this straight, 

You selected one of the three original classes, leveled it, geared it, and now because Netease introduces a new class (second new class since release), you feel that you should be able to “swap” from your original choice, to an equally leveled, equally geared, Elementalist?

Aint gonna happen,  bruh

@Joseph,

Thank you for providing your opinion. The condescending tone portrayed by your words make it tough to stay positive but I'll do my best while voicing my own opinion on the issue as well.

You mention that Netease likely won't implement a class swap function based on the fact that they only just released the class. The fact is however that Netease did release this function already in China and we are simply asking to have the same flexibility on the English version of the game.

While I recognize that that the Chinese version and the English version are likely run by different business models due to some variances between the 2 on the whole these are basically the same game.

My opinion on the class swap functionality is that it should be implemented for a few reasons which I will dot point for you below along with some restrictions I feel would ensure this doesn't "Break the game"

1. Player retention - Each time a new class is released many players will rush to get a taste of it and see how it feels and understand the skills and play style. If you've been playing the game since release like I have this is often just to increase your knowledge of the class and its abilities to assist in end game content as well as how to beat them in PvP. Unfortunately at this stage of the game for a lot of players even if you truly loved the new class it wouldn't make sense to switch now after having invested months worth of grinding and possibly in game purchases on your original character. Having the ability to switch to another class you thoroughly enjoyed would aid in retaining players and I think improve the community as a whole

2. Class balancing - This is a hot topic at the moment and a major cause of players quitting the game and further enforces my first point of retaining players. In addition to the above point of retaining players it would stand to reason that by adding a class swap we would likely see which classes were overpowered and vise versa. The number of players switching to a specific class would increase and Netease could then assess the data over a short period of time to determine why the classes weren't balanced and develop strategies on how to fix the problem. This would result in an overall better gaming experience for everyone.

3. Choice - Right now it feels like new players are gravitating towards the newest class due to the fact that it is impossible for them to catch up to the veteran players without a significant cash investment. Adding in the class swap functionality would improve the choice for new players as well as veterans in that it wouldn't matter which class you chose to play as the scales would be tipped towards veteran players anyway (the way it should be). Most veterans would agree that investing time and money into a game only to start being beaten by a new player is completely unfair and damages the brand as the voices of these players normally carry the most weight. 

4. Restrictions - The 2 points above would address 2 of the biggest issues within the game outside of minor and major bugs that unfortunately happen from time to time. Having said that there would need to be some serious restrictions put in place to ensure players were made to think about their decision to class swap before taking the leap. I have a few ideas mostly around the cost to switch and a cool down timer as well which I'm sure Netease have considered given the amount of feedback they have received on implementing this feature.

5. Increase revenue - The 4th and final point which I think wraps this up nicely is something that isn't completely related to players but rather Netease as a business. The retention and attraction of players to any game these days is something that every developer struggles with as there are so many choices out there. I have found in my 10+ years of playing MMO's that retaining players comes down to 3 things within a developers control and these are game play, content and community. If you have a great game (which I believe this is) great content and a supportive community the game should thrive just based on the sheer fact that it is enjoyable. In the same way if even one of these is neglected you will begin to see a slow decline in the game and the community until eventually the developer decides to remove most of the resources and place them elsewhere (often on a new project). I think Netease has provided a great feature in the refer a friend rewards for both veteran players and new players however right now it is difficult to convince your friends to invest their time and money into this game due to the negative feedback the community has provided on these forums on game play issues namely class balancing.

Again I want to thank you for providing your opinion on this issue @Joseph but I hope you take the above points on board and re-evaluate your previous comment.

Happy adventuring, bruh

- Poyo
Reavedge Village UTC +10

Edit: Tagging @Ocho and @TinyDragon to ensure they read this post

Edited by Poyo
Tagging devs

5 hours ago, Poyo said:

@Joseph,

Thank you for providing your opinion. The condescending tone portrayed by your words make it tough to stay positive but I'll do my best while voicing my own opinion on the issue as well.

You mention that Netease likely won't implement a class swap function based on the fact that they only just released the class. The fact is however that Netease did release this function already in China and we are simply asking to have the same flexibility on the English version of the game.

While I recognize that that the Chinese version and the English version are likely run by different business models due to some variances between the 2 on the whole these are basically the same game.

My opinion on the class swap functionality is that it should be implemented for a few reasons which I will dot point for you below along with some restrictions I feel would ensure this doesn't "Break the game"

1. Player retention - Each time a new class is released many players will rush to get a taste of it and see how it feels and understand the skills and play style. If you've been playing the game since release like I have this is often just to increase your knowledge of the class and its abilities to assist in end game content as well as how to beat them in PvP. Unfortunately at this stage of the game for a lot of players even if you truly loved the new class it wouldn't make sense to switch now after having invested months worth of grinding and possibly in game purchases on your original character. Having the ability to switch to another class you thoroughly enjoyed would aid in retaining players and I think improve the community as a whole

2. Class balancing - This is a hot topic at the moment and a major cause of players quitting the game and further enforces my first point of retaining players. In addition to the above point of retaining players it would stand to reason that by adding a class swap we would likely see which classes were overpowered and vise versa. The number of players switching to a specific class would increase and Netease could then assess the data over a short period of time to determine why the classes weren't balanced and develop strategies on how to fix the problem. This would result in an overall better gaming experience for everyone.

3. Choice - Right now it feels like new players are gravitating towards the newest class due to the fact that it is impossible for them to catch up to the veteran players without a significant cash investment. Adding in the class swap functionality would improve the choice for new players as well as veterans in that it wouldn't matter which class you chose to play as the scales would be tipped towards veteran players anyway (the way it should be). Most veterans would agree that investing time and money into a game only to start being beaten by a new player is completely unfair and damages the brand as the voices of these players normally carry the most weight. 

4. Restrictions - The 2 points above would address 2 of the biggest issues within the game outside of minor and major bugs that unfortunately happen from time to time. Having said that there would need to be some serious restrictions put in place to ensure players were made to think about their decision to class swap before taking the leap. I have a few ideas mostly around the cost to switch and a cool down timer as well which I'm sure Netease have considered given the amount of feedback they have received on implementing this feature.

5. Increase revenue - The 4th and final point which I think wraps this up nicely is something that isn't completely related to players but rather Netease as a business. The retention and attraction of players to any game these days is something that every developer struggles with as there are so many choices out there. I have found in my 10+ years of playing MMO's that retaining players comes down to 3 things within a developers control and these are game play, content and community. If you have a great game (which I believe this is) great content and a supportive community the game should thrive just based on the sheer fact that it is enjoyable. In the same way if even one of these is neglected you will begin to see a slow decline in the game and the community until eventually the developer decides to remove most of the resources and place them elsewhere (often on a new project). I think Netease has provided a great feature in the refer a friend rewards for both veteran players and new players however right now it is difficult to convince your friends to invest their time and money into this game due to the negative feedback the community has provided on these forums on game play issues namely class balancing.

Again I want to thank you for providing your opinion on this issue @Joseph but I hope you take the above points on board and re-evaluate your previous comment.

Happy adventuring, bruh

- Poyo
Reavedge Village UTC +10

Vote Poyo as President!!

1 person likes this

From what I heard and saw the class swap in china missed up the game, in all the videos that I have seen I didn't see a single dps/offheal mystic which means they basically switched to elementalist and the dps mystic class died, unless the want to repeat the same mistake again they won't add class swap.

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Poyo said:

@Joseph,

Happy adventuring, bruh

- Poyo
Reavedge Village UTC +10

First of all, Crusaders of Light is a game, and Netease is a business. The bottom line will always be about generating revenue. Remember that.

I will address each of your points to be fair and keep us on the same page...

1. Player retention. Neither you nor I have any access or information on CoLs subscriber totals so at best BOTH of us can only assume about rheir retention. Now using just my experience only, I have two full legendary geared toons and my spending habits on those two are practically zero now. Bars, scales, stones, bloods, spirits, hearts, you name it, I get it in raid drops. I could care less about mounts, I dont need any new armors. Now my Elementalist....thats a different story. I can tell you I have used over 60 lights of dawn without a legendary (got the avhievemnt title to prove it) and with the leafs of eternity I bought gear. Then I have to have scales, bars and stones to identify it. I need hearts, bloods and essences to level it. Scales again to refine sets. Bars again to refine stats, Im sure you get the idea. So where am I going with this? Its new toons that make the most cash, not the established geared ones. Sure, Netease needs retention, but its cash cow is the newly addicted player. Its just like the military, thank you for your service, bro, but you aint getting squat to stay, but they continue to dump thousands and thousands of dollars to bring in the new blood. 

2. Class balancing. You make a claim that its a “major cause of players quitting” without one single fact except maybe someone you know said that, but it doesnt speak for the masses. As for class balancing, EVERY MMO ON THE PLANET COMPLAINS ABOUT IT! Im not saying it doesnt exist, but its an old tired subject and in every game Ive ever played, its always slow to change. Pick any game you want, EverQuest, EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, Planetside, Dark Age of Camelot and whatever other ones you can think of and read their forums. They are all full of complaints, complaints, and complaints. Is the Paly overpowered? Sure. Is the Executioner weak for a DPS class? Sure, but Netease isnt going to allow a class swap so they can “assess data” over a period of time. They can assess that without a ridiculous reason of a class swap.

3. Choice. CoL started with three classes and has been transparent that they would be adding new classes. First was the Paladin, now the Elementalist and who knows, hopefully a rogue in the future. Maybe a Beastlord? How about a Druid? Necromancer would be cool, too. So, every time a new class is released, Netease can expect a demand for class swap because they let you do it?  Maybe they would reconsider the “assess the data” idea since OMG now the server is unbalanced with everyone running to play the new class. 

4. Choice. You picked your class, you played your class, you leveled your class, you geared your class knowing fully well new classes were coming and now you want an equally leveled, equally geared NEW class because you feel thats fair?

5. Restrictions. If they ever even came close to allowing a class swap, the only restriction I could possibly see is you bank account. It wont come free.

6. Revenue. I basically covered this already and Im willing to bet its in the new toons, not the old ones.

Edited by Joseph
Spelling errors
2 people like this

Joseph still didn’t address that this already exists in China AND none of the new classes can get geared up enough at this point to donhigh end content as they are too far behind mains so they will be relegated to Alts or newbies starting the game. As it already exists (and no it didn’t break the game in China) all of your arguments are Moot or they would have removed it from the China game.

2 hours ago, Fast said:

Joseph still didn’t address that this already exists in China AND none of the new classes can get geared up enough at this point to donhigh end content as they are too far behind mains so they will be relegated to Alts or newbies starting the game. As it already exists (and no it didn’t break the game in China) all of your arguments are Moot or they would have removed it from the China game.

Your kidding, right? 

There are Elementalists already over 50K CR and displaying titles for high difficulties in Illusionist Lords, Lord Invasions and Mystica. They are doing end game content because they are getting carried by their guilds and whatnot and the class isnt even a month old. What the heck do even mean saying they cant geared up enough at this point.? Maybe your server is slow or something.

37 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Your kidding, right? 

There are Elementalists already over 50K CR and displaying titles for high difficulties in Illusionist Lords, Lord Invasions and Mystica. They are doing end game content because they are getting carried by their guilds and whatnot and the class isnt even a month old. What the heck do even mean saying they cant geared up enough at this point.? Maybe your server is slow or something.

He is talkin about the f2p player obviously that couldnt afford to buy 200 lucky tickets and be in full lvl 30-40 diamonds or those ele mages that cant be carried through every single thing since not every ele mage will get to have a carry. 

Im still against a character swap though. 

You still didn’t address that this ALREADY EXISTS ON CHINA SERVERS... and 50k Gs Mage is not contributing to core or bluff kills, they are carries. Perhaps if you were actually playing end game you would know that.

5 hours ago, Fast said:

You still didn’t address that this ALREADY EXISTS ON CHINA SERVERS... and 50k Gs Mage is not contributing to core or bluff kills, they are carries. Perhaps if you were actually playing end game you would know that.

What kind of idiot are you? Why dont you read where I already said they are getting carried and get back to me. Furthermore, I dont know what server youre carried on, but it doesnt matter if they arent contributing much for now, the point is they are there and getting gear. 

class swap will create huge disbalance. u will see only ele and mystic running around. tanking is hard, need skill-full owner and a team needs hardly one or two tank for dungeons, people takes high tanks so most of people will change their tank to ele or mystic and amount of of tank will be very low in server. u dont want to request some high Gs tank-guy with full of ego to join ur team and get ignored.

7 hours ago, Hellsaint said:

class swap will create huge disbalance. u will see only ele and mystic running around. tanking is hard, need skill-full owner and a team needs hardly one or two tank for dungeons, people takes high tanks so most of people will change their tank to ele or mystic and amount of of tank will be very low in server. u dont want to request some high Gs tank-guy with full of ego to join ur team and get ignored.

DPS mystics will switch to eles and only sheps will remain as mystics.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:59 PM, Avaclon said:

From what I heard and saw the class swap in china missed up the game, in all the videos that I have seen I didn't see a single dps/offheal mystic which means they basically switched to elementalist and the dps mystic class died, unless the want to repeat the same mistake again they won't add class swap.

Seems a balance issue. 

8 hours ago, Hellsaint said:

Actually it's gonna save warriors of their misery lol. At least let those poor warriors be able to switch to paladins. 

8 hours ago, Hellsaint said:

You'll actually have more tanks. Imagine how many executioners warriors will switch to templar paladins. Just imagine.

+ to class swap or balance the new classes . The balance is tottaly broken right now and i dont know how much proof you need to see that?