Evotinana

Shepherd guide at path lvl 68.

24 posts in this topic

Played full healer(shepherd) for half year, here are some personal exp i want to share if you would like to start play a healer or trying to find direction about healer.

Healer could be the hardest role in this game, you have to heal the whole team, the tank, yourself , also need to dodge boss skill while healing, so it need some skill to play it.

The first thing about healer : play on your phone.

This is not necessary but play healer on your phone or any other device with finger tap will so much easier to choose teammates to heal or use skills, also healer need to pay attention around , and even save people whos not in your team (if you have a 40 man squad.) so play on pc is kinda hard for healers.

Another personal opinion: as a healer , the first thing is you have to be tankey, when you are trying to heal teammates dont let yourself die, for some of the situation, you have to tank red circle and make your teammates alive (cast pb,), and you cant do it if have low hp and defense. If you dont have to

Abilities:  

Healing abilities and usage: 4 Primary abilities and 2 additional abilities for healer

You can read what the skill does but here's my version:

Mystic Galaxy: Most powerful single target heal

Arcane Shield: To be used Pre large hit by boss or when Mystic galaxy on CD. Ideally to be used before Mystic Galaxy

Purifying Blast: The largest and most powerful AOE healing skill to be used before Consolation

Aurora: Shield :+ % healing should be used to protect before large aoe or topping up raid

Light Sigil: Your Healing Over Time ability. Should be used with Aurora for large AOE heals if Purifying blast is on (CD) Cool down

Consolation: your not so powerful AOE but instant AOE heal

Runes:

Academic(enhance mystic galaxy)

Propriety (enhance normal healing)

Prowess(Enhance Arcane Shield)

Order (Enhance Aurora)

Insight( Strengthen healing).

Healer stat working on (ranked by importance)

1. Hp: this is important because healer need to alive first, then heal others.

2. Spell damage : this will affect your healing ability , norm heal, galaxy, pb, and not effect shields.

3. Spell def : most of the boss do spell dmg aoe ,so spell def is important for halers.

4. Spell resist/evade : also help healer to survive.

5. Spell crit: haler also need spell crit in order to heal more.

6. Physical def : for everlush 2nd boss, foundry 2nd boss, they deal physical aoe, so make sure to swap spell def gem to physical gem before start.

Gems:

Attack gem : 40 diamond with heal% effect.

Some people says healer need spell crit gem but heal% gem is more useful over all.

Lets see if healer basic heal is 1000 , and heal for 10 times with basic 20% spell crit.

If you get lucky enough and get 20% heal or 20% crit on total of 8 attack gem. It will be 20% extra heal and 20% crit , or 40% crit.

So we can calculate that if 2/10 of healing gem crit, the total heal will be 1000x1.2x8+(1000x1.2x1.5)x2= 13200.

With crit gem, if 4/10 is crit , it will be 1000x6+1000x1.5)x4=12000

Which is big difference. Because col crit rule is 1.5x not 2x, so healing gem will be much better.

Defense gem: lv40 diamond with spell def with spell resist.

Hp gem : lv40 diamond with dodge/evade.

Comment: heart of sea is very useful for healers even lvl 20 one, it give 1.6% healing effect and 1%/1.5%/2% dmg reduction from all source. If you have 8 of them, will again extra 12.8% heal which will be very useful.

Gears: well, legendary is good, but also high grade gear from mystica. But nowadays legends are not expensive, so try to get them and at least upgrade defense part to 320(or 335 if you can), also craft is a good way to get legend.

Using your skills

This is what your mindset should be like if youre planning to be a Shepherd

1.Know whether you will healing just the tank because he will be tanking everything or everyone, either way always be aware of all your teammates' hp and the bosss patterns so you know who's taking damage and prioritize them as well timing your AOE heals in accordance with the boss's AOEs. 

2.As soon as you see that boss AOE skill charging up, you can either straight go to your Purifying Blast into your Consolation or pop your Aurora first before the mentioned combo to give a mini shield to everyone plus the about 4 seconds of regen. Some of you may be asking why you use Consolation after Purifying Blast, some of you may just be thinking because its another heal right after another one, but theres another purpose why you do it in that specific order. If you go read your path skill: Consolation, it says normal healing and purifying blast will give the target the Enlightenment state and what it does exactly is it increases the hp restored to allies with the Enlightenment state when Consolation is used. If you use Consolation by itself you can tell its a pretty weak AOE heal skill, that is why we do Purifying into Consolation to heal everyone in the area as much as possibly can. Remember youre the healer, without the healer, no one can do anything without you keeping them alive. Healers are the real carries ladies and gentlemen. You may not feel any special right now but much like the Tamer Path, Shepherd and Tamer are late game path skills. Tamer can buff an Archersdamage by up to 5k at the highest levels and healers are the ones that make sure we dont die to the inevitable AOEs and surviving the cc thats being thrown at the team.

3.Read your skills and runes carefully and understand how they interact. Just because somethings confusing doesnt mean its not important to understand.

4.Quick fingers, if you want to be a top tier healer youre going to need some insane awareness of both the game, whats going on (raid, battelfield, etc), a healer MUST adapt to every situation they are put into. If you know you will never be going to use your purifying blast because everythings in the moment, replace it with a void walk to dodge cc (you can dodge warrior chains, jumps, etc) or Dread Blast to fear a high target damage damage dealer or just a front line tank to free your teammate, or Dread Blast for that AOE cc if you know they have a lot of tanks. You need to make sure you are spamming your abilities before they come up, or just putting a shield on someone you know has low hp and quickly get to casting that purifying blast. Its all about making the most and being efficient with your abilities. Make the most out of everything.

5. Keep in mind that your Mystic Galaxy does reduce healing so if you notice your team is having trouble killing a target because theyre getting hardcore healing, throw a Mystic Galaxy at them to reduce healing on the target.

6.Something I didnt originally do I saw some healers do is that whenever we entered a team raid or guild hunt or battlefield, what they did first was put down a sigil then immediately followed by an Aurora, what this does it provide everyone with a shield, damage boost, and healing.

7.Pay attention to how much each person is taking, if I know someone in my team has lower hp than my other teammates, before AOES, I will shield them and still have time to cast my Purifying Blast. Always be catering to what youre being given to deal with.

8.If someone is too deep, DO NOT go in to heal them. If you get too close, you will be hooked in by a warrior and hardcore cced. Even when youre just healing people, always be aware of where some of the enemies are so you dont get focused. People will actively look to pick the healer out so always be alert and aware.

9.If you are someone to look at stats and compare yourself to others, just dont look. You might feel pressured and or even like youre bad because your healing is not #1 but remember, that its about staying alive and keeping your teammates alive not just being #1 on the stats, someone could easily overheal everyone with the Ligh Sigil and Aurora combo and spam heals on tank and be first in heals. Dont compare yourself to others, focus on improving yourself by keeping everyone else alive, thats your priority nothing else.

10. Always be moving, there will be skill shots against whichever boss you face and you must always be moving so you can prepare yourself to move a certain direction once you see those red circles and since you're already moving anyway, it will be much easier and also give you that practice.

( this part from rainy and i agree with most part of it so i link it up.)

Star circle :

swift , flourish, roar, agility .

work on swift  for dmg/def/crit and roar for hp first , and if have extra silver put them on agility and flourish also.

Sets and personal opinions about every set.(3is best)

Secret(2/2) ⭐⭐

2pc : Increase Mystic Galaxys damage and healing by 30%.

This set is very useful for healers with lower spell damage, 30% of extra healing effect galaxy for single target, once you can heal 30k+ with galaxy , it will be the time to give it up.

Flock(2/2) ⭐⭐⭐

2pc : Increase Arcane Shields effect by 30%.

One of healer most important set, 30% extra shield will provide 1.5-2k extra shield for tanks, which could save tanks life.

Virtue(4/4) ⭐⭐⭐

2pc :Light Sigil resets Purifying Blast cooldown.

3pc :Increase Crit of Purifying Blast by 15%.

4pc :Automatically gives Arcane Shield effect and cast an Purfying Blast when HP is lower than 20%. Can only be triggered once every 60 seconds.

Healers most important set, for 4/4 it give a extra purfying blast, and 15% extra crit heal for pb , also the 4pc set could save the life of our whole team, this set need be 1st to get.

Arcane crystal(3/3) ⭐⭐

2pc : Casting skills grants a small chance to summon an Arcane Crystal. The Arcane crystal will release multiple Arcane strikes on enemy target or arcane halos on ally target.

3pc: Arcane strike deals an extra area damage upon hitting the target enemy. Arcane Halo heals allies around upon hitting the target ally.This set drop from skyblaze heroic 2nd boss, which give extra heals (around 1500) and for 3/3 it also give a small aoe heal (around 1500) around tank.

Noctisidious’s Protection(2/2)⭐⭐

2pc :When your HP is less than 30%, it will be immediately restored by 60% of maximum HP. Can only triggered once every 50 seconds.

This set will save healer from dying, but the hp restore cap is 10k, could be use together with virtue, can 100% top your hp once per minute when you are low.

Plague infection(3/3) ⭐⭐

2pc :Have low possibility to produce a Plague pool under feet when taking damage. Standing in Plague pool will recover HP constantly.

3pc :Shield increase by 20% when standing in Plague pool.

This set drop from skyblace heroic 4th boss, when you getting hit there will be a pool under you and keep heal your self, around 2k with 1700 spell dmg. Especially works good in Ash heroic 2nd boss, skyblaze heroic 4th boss, core of rock essence 2nd boss. 2 piece is good enough for healers.

Nature’s blessing(3/3)

2pc : Normal healing or Judgments healing has as small chance if releasing a healing mist to the target, restoring its HP.

3pc : Natures blessing can launch up to 3 times.

Healer set for beginner healers, can provide extra heal ( around 500) for 3 target and 3 times .

Conflagrus’s Fire Shell (3/3)

2pc :Normal healings last hit and Judgments healing has small chance of giving a Fire Shield to the target, absorbing a certain amount of damage.

3pc :Continue to deal damage to surrounding enemies while the shield is present.

This is a useless healer set, but still a healer set, it only triggered with last hit of norm healing, and provide a shield on tank (around 2500) , because you cant control the time of it triggered, so it is not a good set for healer, also 3 set provide a small aoe near target while shield is active, which deal 440 dmg each second for 8 seconds.

Badel’s Destiny(3/3)⭐⭐

2pc : When gaining a shield , gain Badels ursine Essence, which restores HP continuously for 6 seconds. Can only be triggered once very 20 seconds.

3pc : When Badels Ursine Essence disappears, gain Ursine Resilience, adding a damage-absorbing shield to you and up to 2 nearby allies.

This set drop from Ash 2 heroic, when you shield your self (include aurora, arcane shield and passive of force of will) , this is a good set because its an active set , you can active it when you want and will heal you for 6 sec around 1300 per second, the healing effect can also be crit. This set will greatly increase the survival ability for healers.

Grace(3/3)⭐⭐⭐

2pc :Healing effect +2%

3pc :Crit healing effect + 10%

This set is same as blood thirst for dps , but it is for healer, will be good if you have many legends, beside the extra 2% heal, 10% crit healing apply on all of your healing skill, (bp , galaxy, norm heal,etc.) a very useful set.

So my personal set working on is

Virtue 4, grace 3, arcane crystal 3, flock 2, badel/plague infection 2, because you cant make grace on your ring and pedant, so blood thirst 2/3 is also good for the extra 2% spell crit.

hope this guide can help you, if you have any extra question can leave your comment below or contact Evotinana in thundercall server. 

Thank you!

3 people like this

Purifying Blast absolutely worst skill in PVP , No one can be able to cast this skill anywhere anytime, unless you hide in bush like a chicken and try to cast it , even if single shot given by enemy this skill cast will be broken. Another sad part is, When you're trying to safe your teammates and suddenly you see yourself in red circle and you cannot even stop the cast to move away. This is the worst and most annoying skill in this game. I'm not even talking about Stun/Knock Down will fail this skill.

Edited by God Like

5 minutes ago, God Like said:

Purifying Blast absolutely worst skill in PVP , No one can be able to cast this skill anywhere anytime, unless you hide in bush like a chicken and try to cast it , even if single shot given by enemy this skill cast will be broken. Another sad part is, When you're trying to safe your teammates and suddenly you see yourself in red circle and you cannot even stop the cast to move away. This is the worst and most annoying skill in this game. I'm not even talking about Stun/Knock Down will fail this skill.

it is useful in pvp, because healer always stay at back of the team, i know aurora is most useful skill but you can hide behind pillar to cast it, could heal teammates/dmg enemy, also the sleep skill is good to get away from chargers on you. healer need look around , it's a class need skill.

Edited by Evotinana

1 minute ago, Evotinana said:

it is useful in pvp, because healer always stay at back of the team, i know aurora is most useful skill but you can hide behind pillar to cast it, could heal teammates/dmg enemy, also the sleep skill is good to get away from chargers on you.

Ye , it is usefull but this skill doesnt suits this game meta , everyone could run throw meteor in your head or even a bow or some rocks whatever it is everyone can do everything while running, Its kinda sad healer aint no got such a privileges like every class had it already. Funny thing tho , aint no complaining about anything but if i were DEV about that i'd definatelly change it, those who read this topic , Just remember Purifiying Blast will give you a cancer ! :)

5 minutes ago, God Like said:

Ye , it is usefull but this skill doesnt suits this game meta , everyone could run throw meteor in your head or even a bow or some rocks whatever it is everyone can do everything while running, Its kinda sad healer aint no got such a privileges like every class had it already. Funny thing tho , aint no complaining about anything but if i were DEV about that i'd definatelly change it, those who read this topic , Just remember Purifiying Blast will give you a cancer ! :)

how about any other things i need to improve.

Pretty decend to me, its a good guide, i believe you know what are you doing, keep it up , respect ^_^

On 2/21/2018 at 8:27 PM, God Like said:

Telling the healer main with first blood sam how to heal. Lol.

that's an excellent write up. ty for sharing :)  

I'm 48k CR path 67 and I have a question regarding the sets.

I currently have 2/2 secret, my mystic galaxy does 10k normal heals/damage and 20k Crit heal/dmg

1/2 Flock. I'm trying to see what legendary I got on the 3rd to see if I can roll my 2nd. 

4/4 Virtue

And 2/3 arcane crystal

After I get 3/3 arcane (I have pieces in storage, need more legendaries to swap. Only have 5.) and 2/2 Flock should I go for plague infection and noctsidious protection? How many total sets can you have without legendary frost bracelet, acc, ect? 

I have divine offhand 240 S

Divine helm 240 A

Snowfall Tunic 335 A

Snowfall Pouldrons 320 A

Snowfall Breeches 256 A

Crafted legendary cape 320 A

Everything else is random gears from mystica or goblin camp. Sitting on 19,288 HP, 1,679 Spell defense and average 1,145~1,204 Spell dmg

All healing runes are 40, and rest are 30s and 20s. 

18 minutes ago, LukeTC said:

I'm 48k CR path 67 and I have a question regarding the sets.

I currently have 2/2 secret, my mystic galaxy does 10k normal heals/damage and 20k Crit heal/dmg

1/2 Flock. I'm trying to see what legendary I got on the 3rd to see if I can roll my 2nd. 

4/4 Virtue

And 2/3 arcane crystal

After I get 3/3 arcane (I have pieces in storage, need more legendaries to swap. Only have 5.) and 2/2 Flock should I go for plague infection and noctsidious protection? How many total sets can you have without legendary frost bracelet, acc, ect? 

I have divine offhand 240 S

Divine helm 240 A

Snowfall Tunic 335 A

Snowfall Pouldrons 320 A

Snowfall Breeches 256 A

Crafted legendary cape 320 A

Everything else is random gears from mystica or goblin camp. Sitting on 19,288 HP, 1,679 Spell defense and average 1,145~1,204 Spell dmg

All healing runes are 40, and rest are 30s and 20s. 

Forgot snowfall sash 320 A grade

4 hours ago, LukeTC said:

Forgot snowfall sash 320 A grade

It will be 14 set spot not include ring and pedant, but sky h4 can drop plague infection bracelet, so that should be not a problem. I recommend you use noct since your hp is under 20k. Or you can try get badel as well

1 person likes this

Alright thank you. I don't think I'll be getting heroic sky 4 for a long time. I can only survive heroic sky 1 and 2. Thank you for the advice, good guide. 

May be a dumb question but,

Can a shepherd polish attack gems?

8 hours ago, Khronk said:

May be a dumb question but,

Can a shepherd polish attack gems?

What do you mean? Attack gem with crit stat?

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough.  Dragoneye gems, can a shepherd polish?  Reason I ask is that when I try to polish Dragoneye, it does nothing...no error or anything

9 hours ago, Khronk said:

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough.  Dragoneye gems, can a shepherd polish?  Reason I ask is that when I try to polish Dragoneye, it does nothing...no error or anything

Dragoneye gem give attack and crit , both give 0 bonus to mystic , only spell attack and spell crit is useful for mystic.

I knew that.  I was looking at dismantle for shards

Posted (edited)

Purifying Blast is the most stupid and worse skill ever in all games I play. Once you start to cast Purifying Blast, you stick to the ground, rendered useless and exposed to all damaged until the cast finished. I dont know how many times i start to cast Purifying Blast and get cautght in boss's red circle AOE and one shot me. How stupid is it? At least developer should be smart enough to make it auto cancel casting upon movement. 

Quick question: are Chinese developers always stupid than US and Korea developers?

Edited by Kagome

14 hours ago, Kagome said:

Purifying Blast is the most stupid and worse skill ever in all games I play. Once you start to cast Purifying Blast, you stick to the ground, rendered useless and exposed to all damaged until the cast finished. I dont know how many times i start to cast Purifying Blast and get cautght in boss's red circle AOE and one shot me. How stupid is it? At least developer should be smart enough to make it auto cancel casting upon movement. 

Quick question: are Chinese developers always stupid than US and Korea developers?

I completely agree. And also, there are way too many spells. There should only be 1 spell - heal all party. It should heal everyone to 100%. Additionally the character should auto dodge all damage from bosses because red circles are hard.

Also, healers should never get oneshot by bosses. If that happens raid wipes. So, please fix your bosses, Netease.

Kthxbye.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Something I've noticed in this guide is the L Shepherd set is not listed. I'm not sure what everyone's opinions on the set are but I've found it quite useful in the end game raids where you need to immediately top people up and can't stop to cast a purifying blast. I also see a lot of resets with an 18.75% chance of mystic galaxy or light sigil resetting this skill for another instant aoe heal. Extremely useful in the intense fights especially if you have few mystics in your team.

An example where this is useful for me is on Samofir. As we only have 2-3 mystics including myself i prefer to let the dps mystics go all out on the boss rather than having them sleep an add. In this scenario I need to sleep the add and then void walk back to the boss who has just exploded the first add and get everybody topped off before the next add hits. While I'm running over I use Consolation which does about 8k heals on each person it hits. Follow that up with a purifying blast followed by sigil before the next add hits and it should then be time to Consolation and Aurora to run away for the eruption before you need your next purifying blast.

I haven't found any other sets that fit well to be honest so I'm currently running the following build

2 Piece Virtue
2 Piece Noct
2 Piece Flock
3 Piece Arcane Crystal
4 Piece L Shepherd

I've built my character a certain way which matches my play style and I can adapt to most of the boss fights so far as our only healer but I've found that the auto heal is only really something I use on the tank as no one else takes random damage unless it is the whole team which requires a purifying blast to top everyone up. Alternatively if I proc virtue I will use Consolation and mystic galaxy to hit 3 targets and then gauge whether or not a Purifying blast is even necessary but at the end of the day I think it comes down to your own individual style and what works for you. There doesn't seem to be a best in slot style for us like there is for other classes who need certain sets to boost their dps.

I've also maxed my flourish circle first (currently at 102.5% illuminating my T4 swiftness star). I've done it this way because I noticed that a lot of my healing spells over heal the targets so spell damage/spell crit didn't seem as viable as being able to withstand red circles you can't dodge cause you got stuck casting a purifying blast. It also helps not having to worry about yourself when trying to keep everyone else alive and with my current set up I rarely die with 29k hp, 60% spell resist, 2300 physical defense and 2500 spell defense, 22% dodge and 41% parry. This combined with 1700 - 1800 spell damage and 32% crit has brought me to the conclusion that while my healing output might be lower by 2% and my healing crits are 10% less with no 3 Piece Grace. The additional healing from Consolation has saved the team on more occasions than i can count along with improving my ability to survive.

Note: I don't have a frost bracelet otherwise I would likely run 3 piece Virtue
Also Note: 2 piece blood thirst on pendant and ring is also a nice buff

Keen to hear the feedback from you guys on what works for you and what you think of my build and play style. If you want to see it live in action I stream from time to time as well at twitch.tv/birksy87

- Poyo
Reavedge Village UTC +10

Edited by Poyo

53 minutes ago, Poyo said:

Hey guys,

Something I've noticed in this guide is the L Shepherd set is not listed. I'm not sure what everyone's opinions on the set are but I've found it quite useful in the end game raids where you need to immediately top people up and can't stop to cast a purifying blast. I also see a lot of resets with an 18.75% chance of mystic galaxy or light sigil resetting this skill for another instant aoe heal. Extremely useful in the intense fights especially if you have few mystics in your team.

An example where this is useful for me is on Samofir. As we only have 2-3 mystics including myself i prefer to let the dps mystics go all out on the boss rather than having them sleep an add. In this scenario I need to sleep the add and then void walk back to the boss who has just exploded the first add and get everybody topped off before the next add hits. While I'm running over I use Consolation which does about 8k heals on each person it hits. Follow that up with a purifying blast followed by sigil before the next add hits and it should then be time to Consolation and Aurora to run away for the eruption before you need your next purifying blast.

I haven't found any other sets that fit well to be honest so I'm currently running the following build

2 Piece Virtue
2 Piece Noct
2 Piece Flock
3 Piece Arcane Crystal
4 Piece L Shepherd

I've built my character a certain way which matches my play style and I can adapt to most of the boss fights so far as our only healer but I've found that the auto heal is only really something I use on the tank as no one else takes random damage unless it is the whole team which requires a purifying blast to top everyone up. Alternatively if I proc virtue I will use Consolation and mystic galaxy to hit 3 targets and then gauge whether or not a Purifying blast is even necessary but at the end of the day I think it comes down to your own individual style and what works for you. There doesn't seem to be a best in slot style for us like there is for other classes who need certain sets to boost their dps.

I've also maxed my flourish circle first (currently at 102.5% illuminating my T4 swiftness star). I've done it this way because I noticed that a lot of my healing spells over heal the targets so spell damage/spell crit didn't seem as viable as being able to withstand red circles you can't dodge cause you got stuck casting a purifying blast. It also helps not having to worry about yourself when trying to keep everyone else alive and with my current set up I rarely die with 29k hp, 60% spell resist, 2300 physical defense and 2500 spell defense, 22% dodge and 41% parry. This combined with 1700 - 1800 spell damage and 32% crit has brought me to the conclusion that while my healing output might be lower by 2% and my healing crits are 10% less with no 3 Piece Grace. The additional healing from Consolation has saved the team on more occasions than i can count along with improving my ability to survive.

Note: I don't have a frost bracelet otherwise I would likely run 3 piece Virtue
Also Note: 2 piece blood thirst on pendant and ring is also a nice buff

Keen to hear the feedback from you guys on what works for you and what you think of my build and play style. If you want to see it live in action I stream from time to time as well at twitch.tv/birksy87

- Poyo
Reavedge Village UTC +10

Good set, but Compare to L set I will more likely to say other set is better because 4 set slot is too much , better to use 2 other set. And btw I quit already :/

Great guide btw.  One thing I didn't see, unless I missed it, is the management of the virtue proc which spreads mystic galaxy.  I've noticed with some healers they want to drop mystic galaxy whenever it's up, but with its flight time, normal heal 3 tick will be sufficient.  Now, I'm not saying only cast mystic galaxy when virtue proc is up, but not burning mystic galaxy on cooldown can save some heart ache. 

It works out very well in mystica, for example, when a dps eats a rock throw or something like that and your tank is getting beat on.  With virtue proc and mystic galaxy available you now cast 2-3 of them (all doing full 10-20k heals), healing your dps and tank in the same cooldown.  Saving you from possibly burning consultation, aurora or sigil.  Or running around panic mode wishing your cooldowns would hurry the F up.

Just a technique I use, it does take some practice and knowing the mechanics of the fights pretty well.  But anything that can save a cooldown timer, and help you not use PB at the wrong time is a good thing, in my opinion.