Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xiris

RNG numbers for loot boxes

13 posts in this topic

Hey @RedPanda,

It was nice to see finally the droprates of loot boxes. You forgot the Lucky Crystal Chest and Goblin Crystal Chest.

I will mainly focus on the 2 I have gathered datas on, Light of Dawn amd Mystery Ore Bag.

Light of Dawn :

I opened around 300 Light of Dawn, 5 legendaries, around 25% leaves (1 or 2) and rest is gold. I've never seen the 5 leaves drop. So when I see :

Large amounts of Leafs of Eternity 19.10%

and

Equipment  8.65%

Mystery Ore Bag :

I got the achievement of 500 shadows crystals by spending golds into crystals through AH with the hope to get Liador, we were 3 others to do so in my team, we all got the achievement, none of us got the mount with, as you stated, 6.51% of droprate. 

I clearly think that you did as you do for everything in the game, roll the dice, got those generated random numbers as official values.

I let you calculate the logical mathematical expectation linked to the real datas shown in game.

Maybe sometimes, releasing good content a little later  over new content could be nice, and seen as respect.

1 person likes this

It's definitely great to see that information so we can get a better idea of what's a good deal for us at the time.

I definitely feel some form of confidence in our CM's

Hi @RedPanda,

Thanks a lot for provided information. 

Should we expect updates for provided drop rate? After server's update/game update....

Would be nice to get more information about success rate in crafting Legendary, drop from Bosses, etc

Best Regards, FireBall

13 hours ago, Xiris said:

Hey @RedPanda,

It was nice to see finally the droprates of loot boxes. You forgot the Lucky Crystal Chest and Goblin Crystal Chest.

I will mainly focus on the 2 I have gathered datas on, Light of Dawn amd Mystery Ore Bag.

Light of Dawn :

I opened around 300 Light of Dawn, 5 legendaries, around 25% leaves (1 or 2) and rest is gold. I've never seen the 5 leaves drop. So when I see :

and

Mystery Ore Bag :

I got the achievement of 500 shadows crystals by spending golds into crystals through AH with the hope to get Liador, we were 3 others to do so in my team, we all got the achievement, none of us got the mount with, as you stated, 6.51% of droprate. 

I clearly think that you did as you do for everything in the game, roll the dice, got those generated random numbers as official values.

I let you calculate the logical mathematical expectation linked to the real datas shown in game.

Maybe sometimes, releasing good content a little later  over new content could be nice, and seen as respect.

Very well put. 👍👍👍

Did you get other mounts in the mystery ore bag?

Yes, it is possible to catch legendary equipment, using "equipment box", but you did not say the chance to get it @RedPanda

33 minutes ago, SkyLight said:

Yes, it is possible to catch legendary equipment, using "equipment box", but you did not say the chance to get it @RedPanda

I can confirm that you can get legends out of them

33 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

Legendary items are purple quality.

Might be a good idea to sort the odds of getting a standard piece of purple equipment versus getting an exquisite

1 hour ago, ShadowOfALegend said:

Might be a good idea to sort the odds of getting a standard piece of purple equipment versus getting an exquisite

Probably 0.9% or 1%.

7 minutes ago, Esrun said:

Probably 0.9% or 1%.

it's possible but it's still worth bringing it to the CM's attention

If rng works the way it does in most games it rolls every time you open a box or forge. It doesn't matter how many times you open the same box it will always be that 1% or 6% chance. Never a guarantee unfortunately. 

I wish it was since I'm at 317 forges with 0 legendaries.

Edited by Dracula_X

Right.  I think a lot of people are getting misled the same way they are when they go to purchase real life lotto tickets.

You can buy 100 boxes, and you won't get a guaranteed 1% piece of equipment because the effect isn't cumulative.  Each box you open is a single instance with a 1% chance of the drop.

I did notice that they didn't include a drop rate for Frost Hearts in Guardian's Gift.  I have received a Frost Heart from one within the past few months.

26 light of dawns,

200 masks 🎭 

300 beers 🍺 and 100s of things before like dance box and mount box 📦 and I’ve wined and moaned for ages about this, you put the numbers up and like xiris said they don’t match up, if so by now I should have 3x many legendary by going by your numbers, 

xiris is right they are way of red panda sorry but it’s true.