Beriothien

SUGGESTIONS/feedback

20 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been thinking of writing this kind of post, but first I wanted to play quite a while so I would be able to write an oponion, or some kind of suggestions, it´s mostly aimed for DEVS, but if you are a player and you are interested in this type of threads you can continue reading. 

IN GENERAL:

Well, this game has some cons and pros. But first let's talk about player's first feelings when he starts the game. The game starts absolutely great, love the cinematic at the beginning and the storyline is actually kind of interesting, too. But I would welcome better tutorial, the game is so chaotic for newbie players, it took me few days to fully understand the game "system" - so more detailed tutorial or video tutorials from devs or moderators of this game on YouTube or in-game system would be great thing to have for newbies.

PROS of CoL, thing I actually DO enjoy:

Let's with auto-play, why? Because it's interesting and most of the players are judgin this for no reason. There is one huge difference between PC MMORPG like WoW and mobile MMORPG. It's easier to spend 10 hours of playing on PC than on mobile. Auto-play is great for quests, raids (the easier ones), reputation tasks (because you have to nolife it to get great rank) and also trial quests. But you can't use it if you fight in PVP, or you are fighting harder boss, well, player is always better than autoplay AI. So autoplay is great, you NEVER get lost while doing quests. Continue with the game in general: addictive well made MMORPG. What else we need, but the main thing I wanna talk about it's SUGGESTIONS.

So, SUGGESTIONS: 

CUSTOMIZATION- okay, mostly every one item changes your overall look, but, is it enough? No. We need to have an option to "design" our character, change his hair, eyes, face shape, beard...everything about overall look. Everyone MMORPG needs to have this. I do miss it here, and do you know what I hate? The helmet changes your hair, like, why the hell ??

VANITY- $$$ it's okay to have items to use, equip,..but,..vanity items would be awesome! Imagine vanity slots for various parts, NO stats bonus, only look. Look at Pocket Legends (MMORPG from 2010/11). Vanity would be great to make some extra money from the game and it won't make it pay2win. 

CHANGE THE UI- UI is very very chaotic, you can feel the chinesse feelin' in it, - nothing is organized, it's not hard to get into it, but it could be made better. 

PRICE ($$$) for in game content- in one word, OVERPRICED. I bought 2x 4,xx$ bundle just to supporr devs and also to see what can you get for around 9-10$, actually, nothing. Mounts are overpriced, and actually I don't see reason to spend money to this game only for mounts or gems if you don't wanna be the best in leaderboard fast. That's why I suggest adding vanity - WELL MADE VANITY for good price, not 20$ for vanity helmet looking like *poo* (not trying to be vulgar). If the price will be well made the game will have more potential customers than if the game would have overpriced price for in-game content.

ENIGMA DRAGON- at the moment we can't change the dragon or get another one. I suggest to add more variants of dragons or any other kind of flying creature. Accessible as a mount. Maybe another stuff to put for real money ? ...

TITLES - titles are so chaotic, I can' see how to obtain different titles (I have to search for it in achievements), one word, CHAOTIC. 

PVP SYSTEM- I hate waiting for the time when pvp event starts, why don't to add normal pvp just for fun? (Not duels or tournaments), I mean normal PVP. Again, look at Pocket Legends. 

GEMS for watching ADS (?)- in nowadays we are "forced" to watch ads to get premium currency in most of mobile games. Well players who can't afford will watch ads, more $$$ for devs = the better the updates will be (hopefully).

OPTION TO LOOK AT PLAYER- Click on player and have an option to see his stats, his character in another UI, sometimes I wanna see other players high end avater in better quality than just like from my point of view, again, just look at Pocket Legends, the game is so old but still beats so many nowadays games.

VOICE OVERS- For storyline; there are so many things to read, characters talking in storyline. But remember, no voice overs is better than rushed (BAD) voice overs. If you would add it to this game, DON'T rush it.

BETTER ANIMATIONS- Well, it's kinda annoying that I have a mystic (male) and his move seems like a girl or gay. I understand that movement is made for class not for genre but, try to work on it. Also riding mount or dragon doesn't look that good if you zoome at yourself, the only thing what is moving is mount, player is stacionary. 

RENDER DISTANCE and GFX IN GENERAL- the gfx in overall is good, I play primary on iPad Air 2 and I think it's able to run even better render distance. Also consider making the gfx just a bit better- not the whole game, it would be hella hard to redesign the whole game, just play with lights (shaders), gameloft is great in it, their games are mostly low textured but the shaders are making it looks "foggy/blurry" which is making it more better looking. 

VOICE CHAT- please, don't make it stay as a VOICE MESSAGES, it's huge difference between voice chat which works IN-TIME than voice messages which have delay. Make it in real time. So while you talk you can actually hear yourself. Like any other voice chat system, like CS:GO, don't care about toxicity, it's something what CAN'T be erased from games no matter how well made censoring will be made.

MORE WAYS TO EXP- I always end up with idea of "what to do now". I complete everyone accessible exping quest and the only thing I can do is doing reputation quest. Is is because you don't want to make players access late game state that fast or because of lack of exp content/idea in game ?

BETTER MADE MINIMAP- the current minimap is joke, right? Hah, ok I don't wanna be rude. Minimap is OKAY. But it's laggy, could be made better.

MORE CLASSES, RACES- no comment, everyone gets it.

AND LAST, more in-game CINEMATIC CUT SCENES- Jesus, YES! It would be G R E A T and enjoyable to watch.

And probably more ideas will come later but it's 2:30AM here and I am pretty tired. Do you have any other idea which I didn't mention? Well, write it below in comments! 

Yeah, I know it's early access or whatever you will call it, that's why the feedback is here, I don't want to make this game perfect right now, but in future.

Thank you for your time,

have a nice day! :) 

Edited by Beriothien
2 people like this

Two remarks from me: do a better system of dungeons loot. Now the player can safely skip 7/8 dungeons and immediately move to the last one to get endgame equipment. This is possible due to the fact that in almost any dungeon drops almost the same items but with different quality.

That is, to reach the final point of the game you need to turn autoplay on until level 45, and then you need just farm the last dungeon in the hope of a lucky generation of the epic drop.

Such a system depreciates the whole game. People value only what gets hard. What comes easy - it does not cost anything.

Who cares about sense and meaning of quests and storyline if it can be done by pressing autoplay button? Who cares about the game if your device is playing this game even when you are sleeping?

I read a book while my young mystic did all quests and got 16 level. Then I join to group for reputation quests and voila, my mystic is 20 level. Then I join to Fort Desolation raid and bam, I have an epic gear. One-two weeks of autoplay of reputation quests and my mystic will be ready for farm of last dungeon for endgame gear. All what I need to do is press "Accept" button sometimes. I even don't need to understand whats going on in this game. All dialogs and quests are just a white noise. I forgot to tell. My mystic is in chinese version of game and I play without knowing of chinese language.

I understand that the time of smart and atmospheric games has already gone. But in this game, a great simplification of everything and automating the game process makes it meaningless to play this game seriously.

Make little less autoplay and make a gradation of dungeons, so that players who did not get dressed in previous dungeons could not kill bosses at next grade of dungeons. But do not make getting gear is really very hard because no one will farm each dungeon for years.

ADDING SOME MORE FEEDBACK (that I got from friends):

NEW CLASS: 

Assassin - low armor, high BURST damage, stealth skill ...

(I saw some leaks of upcoming class "Paladin", who knows)

PVP zone areas:

- we know that we can pvp in different styles of playmodes (duel, tournament, battlefield and arena), but what about some kind of actual open area with pvp? Imagine that. I think assassin as a class would have such a great potential in these areas. 

- but still pvp and non-pvp zones

I'd also say the constraints they are putting on transferring gold between Alts is a huge con. 

They limit auction house pages to two so you can transfer gold to your other characters. If I earned it why can't I use it where I want?

First things first, In-Game chat system is complete garbage, 50 character limitation and censure make things ridiculous, Ok maybe in some languages where every sign can represent a word, so with just few signs you can send entire sentence, then it's Ok, but plain old english needs more, I mean come on even Twitter has 140 character limit..

As for Autoplay Function, just remove it from the game, people are abusing it like crazy. Example, Reputation Task Cudina, you need to eliminate certain monsters to get points for it, well with autoplay function it's enough that you leave your phone/tablet on charger and let the toon farm monster while you're sleeping or something, not to mention autoplay function does quests for you, you just need to sometimes click accept and confirm and that's all, even can be used in raids battlefield arena basically everywhere, making the the game feel like playing with bots.

And also i can't believe anyone didn't mention this before Trading System, maybe just maybe adding it to the game huh?

One little tip, when you add function that raid boss level can be changed to set difficulty to compromise for the level of team, make sure that it can't be abused by players, One example of that: Goblint Camp Raid Heroic difficulty, you make entire squad with nothing but lowest level required for it, this case level 35, then after you're inside you switch your entire squad one by one with your level 45 toons and make raid simple like it was on normal difficulty. And that process can be used for any raid in the game.........

True there's other stuff that needs to be done, minimap needs to be changed, UI needs work too, maybe add ability to change character's appearance, Battlefield 40v40 should be trimmed down to 20v20, and 15v15 should be 10v10. True it's well thought out but sadly there aren't many devices that can keep up with 80 players in one region and not lag or stutter, not everyone has flagship device of 2017 or late 2016.

And yeah all those things are trivial in comparison to things mentioned before which need to be fixed and worked on immediately...

Sincerely

One of many players

Edited by Voodoo Child

Some good suggestions here, also:

1. Get rid off follow leader in battlefield

2. Make the minimum selling price on auction a bit more sensible. I see plenty people mentioning on Chinese forum that it's stupid to set 750k gold minimum on a legend gear when the price of getting it through feather is only 400-600k

some very good suggestions here, personally i would like to see a lot of them implemented.

however just would like to remind everyone that even though something seems like a good idea (ie. free trading), it will also come with a lot of issues (eg. gold selling, bot abuse). i mean sure, you earned your gold (probably through auto-questing) so you should be allowed to pool it to your 'main' character. now what happens when gold sellers grind 5000 characters and pool/sell the gold?

could we actually discuss how to prevent those potential exploits so it's more likely to have the features we want implemented?

it's pointless to just say 'we want this' without giving some kind of solution to the problems it can cause - devs will ignore it since it brings no value.

1 hour ago, Sai said:

some very good suggestions here, personally i would like to see a lot of them implemented.

however just would like to remind everyone that even though something seems like a good idea (ie. free trading), it will also come with a lot of issues (eg. gold selling, bot abuse). i mean sure, you earned your gold (probably through auto-questing) so you should be allowed to pool it to your 'main' character. now what happens when gold sellers grind 5000 characters and pool/sell the gold?

could we actually discuss how to prevent those potential exploits so it's more likely to have the features we want implemented?

it's pointless to just say 'we want this' without giving some kind of solution to the problems it can cause - devs will ignore it since it brings no value.

Hence removing autoplay function from the game, meaning less bots and harder to farm for gold and stuff, and also players could remember locations of raids and npc's more easily after they searched for it themselfs and not with autoplay doing all the hard work, as for trade system they can set it up so it can be used after reaching certain level example 35 or so

Edited by Voodoo Child

4 minutes ago, Voodoo Child said:

Hence removing autoplay function from the game, meaning less bots and harder to farm for gold and stuff, and also players could remember locations of raids and npc's more easily after they searched for it themselfs and not with autoplay doing all the hard work, as for trade system they can set it up so it can be used after reaching certain level example 35 or so

this would only further increase the impact of bots. seriously, normal players may not be able to automate gold farming, but it's no obstacle to people who do it for a living. in fact if i wanted to, i'm pretty sure i could do it too. auto-battle is a time saver, not the issue here.

level cap is not going to deter any gold farmers, same point as above. if they can bot gold farming, they can bot levels.

bottom line is, the game system need to be able to restrict things like trading somehow

not sure what you mean with remembering raid locations...

People can still bot even without auto, auto play is only for proper players, u can program ur own autoplay easy.

Anyways, i don't think Netease will allow free market in anyways, because that will really make gold selling so easy. 

9 hours ago, Sai said:

this would only further increase the impact of bots. seriously, normal players may not be able to automate gold farming, but it's no obstacle to people who do it for a living. in fact if i wanted to, i'm pretty sure i could do it too. auto-battle is a time saver, not the issue here.

level cap is not going to deter any gold farmers, same point as above. if they can bot gold farming, they can bot levels.

bottom line is, the game system need to be able to restrict things like trading somehow

not sure what you mean with remembering raid locations...

So you're saying there will be bots that farm gold everyday if they implemented gold trading system? Face the truth every mmorpg has those bots one way or another, autoplay function just enables them to farm for it without installing some third party software, like autoclicker or macro touch.

That's why i said they should set up level required for enabling trading system, they can even set it up on level 45, because it needs more then 15 days to achieve it, making it harder to bot farm.

As for npcs locations it's was a joke but it is true that not many people are using their mounts and minimap to get to the quest location, mostly relying on autoplay function to get there for them, dunno if you played O&C or not, but there was a quest arrow pointing you to the direction of the location you needed to go, and for COL maps being bigger kinda makes game more interesting to learn where those locations are, hence one more reason autoplay function needs to be gone. 
I'm not saying that having your toon guided to the correct  path it's not useful and timesaving, but it'll make you achieve endgame more quickly that way.

I mean if you're casual player and takes you 7-10 days to achieve level 40 then another 10 days to achieve the current level max, what'll you do next? Just farm the last raid and hope to get your hands on that rare equipment and max your talents as much as possible. Then what??? It'll be just like on O&C waiting for the next update to bring more content and hopefully increase level cap nothing more, without autoplay you'll need more time to rise your characters level and have fun playing it.

34 minutes ago, Voodoo Child said:

So you're saying there will be bots that farm gold everyday if they implemented gold trading system? Face the truth every mmorpg has those bots one way or another, autoplay function just enables them to farm for it without installing some third party software, like autoclicker or macro touch.

That's why i said they should set up level required for enabling trading system, they can even set it up on level 45, because it needs more then 15 days to achieve it, making it harder to bot farm.

As for npcs locations it's was a joke but it is true that not many people are using their mounts and minimap to get to the quest location, mostly relying on autoplay function to get there for them, dunno if you played O&C or not, but there was a quest arrow pointing you to the direction of the location you needed to go, and for COL maps being bigger kinda makes game more interesting to learn where those locations are, hence one more reason autoplay function needs to be gone. 
I'm not saying that having your toon guided to the correct  path it's not useful and timesaving, but it'll make you achieve endgame more quickly that way.

I mean if you're casual player and takes you 7-10 days to achieve level 40 then another 10 days to achieve the current level max, what'll you do next? Just farm the last raid and hope to get your hands on that rare equipment and max your talents as much as possible. Then what??? It'll be just like on O&C waiting for the next update to bring more content and hopefully increase level cap nothing more, without autoplay you'll need more time to rise your characters level and have fun playing it.

yes to the point where every game has bot farmers, that's precisely why trading is so locked down. since you cant really sell gold here, there will be no bots - you are not seeing this?

level restriction is a joke, if they can bot to 35, they can bot to 45.

if you took away auto-play, players like me will probably stop - dont have the time to do 80 trials by hand, let alone other lower level raids etc. auto-play isnt really the problem here, you cant use it for higher end raids anyway - what's the concern? if ppl choose not to read stuff, that's their problem

1 person likes this

Beriothien,you have done nice job explaining your opinions about the game.

Here i would like to share some of mine:

About Auto feature

-All i wanna say is, remove auto path but keep the auto attack and follow feature in the game. It makes the game lot better than it is atm.

About Looks

-Add character customization such as hairstyle, face, body,etc (like in OaC)

-Add transmog.

About Gameplay

-So many invisible walls which blocks us even though we can go in the otherside by another way and also some invisible walls which makes us look like we are floating above the objects.

-Add mount hunting rather then buying them using gems as in OaC. 

-Optimize game cause it lags in good devices in High or Ultra settings.

-Remove auto flying to any location at any instance when we are in combat.

About Animation & Cinematic

-Animation is poorly implemented as Beriothien said. 

-In Cinematic, voice over of the main characters of the story is missing.

Hope NetEase will consider this as a good source of advice to improve the game further.

I'd be careful what you wish for about voiceovers. That may severely bloat the size of the game and make it so some people can't install the game anymore. Voiceover files can be massive.

4 hours ago, Varking said:

I'd be careful what you wish for about voiceovers. That may severely bloat the size of the game and make it so some people can't install the game anymore. Voiceover files can be massive.

Metal API for iOS is so great, did you hear about that? It helps to reduce the game data. So it's great af, and also usefull.

I think the same feature is for android as well. So I wouldn't be afraid of high data usage, also most of the devices nowadays supports SD slot or have high storage capacity. 

10 hours ago, Sai said:

yes to the point where every game has bot farmers, that's precisely why trading is so locked down. since you cant really sell gold here, there will be no bots - you are not seeing this?

level restriction is a joke, if they can bot to 35, they can bot to 45.

if you took away auto-play, players like me will probably stop - dont have the time to do 80 trials by hand, let alone other lower level raids etc. auto-play isnt really the problem here, you cant use it for higher end raids anyway - what's the concern? if ppl choose not to read stuff, that's their problem

Fine let autoplay function stay, but you really think the current system with trading only via auction house it's not abused?

If you have several devices or  half decent PC example some quad core processor with 2.6ghz speed, 4gb ram and some gpu with 1GB vram, install nox emulator then set up multi-drive for 2 devices, install CoL on both, create new account for the game on each drive, set up gfx to lowest setting on both and let autoplay do the work for you, while you play on your main toon, those 2 will level up, of course you'll have to click sometimes but it's no biggy, you'll get to level 20 in no time with "at least" 1k gold on each, now back to your main toon, put some crafting equipment on sale. Buy it with your farming toon and job done. Same proccess for toon number 2, after that delete toon and create again, you know the rest. And "It's no obstacle to people who do it for a living".

I get that you want fair play on the game, but it's in people's nature to cheat, no matter how good you're, there's always some dude trying to find the easier way. Just look how people abuse the boss level difficulty, making entire squad full of lowest level toons required for raid, then switching them for their main ones after they're inside, that's like what? 10-15 mins of work just to have easier kill. Wall glitching in pvp as well, no one is complaining about those things but trading system is off limits.

24 minutes ago, Voodoo Child said:

Fine let autoplay function stay, but you really think the current system with trading only via auction house it's not abused?

If you have several devices or  half decent PC example some quad core processor with 2.6ghz speed, 4gb ram and some gpu with 1GB vram, install nox emulator then set up multi-drive for 2 devices, install CoL on both, create new account for the game on each drive, set up gfx to lowest setting on both and let autoplay do the work for you, while you play on your main toon, those 2 will level up, of course you'll have to click sometimes but it's no biggy, you'll get to level 20 in no time with "at least" 1k gold on each, now back to your main toon, put some crafting equipment on sale. Buy it with your farming toon and job done. Same proccess for toon number 2, after that delete toon and create again, you know the rest. And "It's no obstacle to people who do it for a living".

I get that you want fair play on the game, but it's in people's nature to cheat, no matter how good you're, there's always some dude trying to find the easier way. Just look how people abuse the boss level difficulty, making entire squad full of lowest level toons required for raid, then switching them for their main ones after they're inside, that's like what? 10-15 mins of work just to have easier kill. Wall glitching in pvp as well, no one is complaining about those things but trading system is off limits.

that boss level thing only gets it to the minimum level - which sure makes things easier but doesnt break the game

you cant really do that trading thing you mentioned because it's too hard to find the right person to buy from, considering you can only scroll 2 pages of the lowest price and there is a tax on the selling - very hard to abuse

i play a few alts myself, it's pretty difficult to try and move any gold from one to another even if i wanted to. if you dont believe me, try it.

obviously i would LIKE to have free trading, i just dont see how it can be done without people exploiting too easily

Edited by Sai
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Voodoo Child said:

yeah that doesn't work because you can only see two pages of each listing. I tried to just start one alt so I can trade some gold to main and it's almost impossible. 

7 hours ago, Beriothien said:

Metal API for iOS is so great, did you hear about that? It helps to reduce the game data. So it's great af, and also usefull.

I think the same feature is for android as well. So I wouldn't be afraid of high data usage, also most of the devices nowadays supports SD slot or have high storage capacity. 

I wasn't concerned about data usage. I was concerned about the file size of the apk once adding voiceovers. If I recall correctly, Dragon Quest 8 had to completely remove voice acting from their port because of how big it made the game file. Not everyone has 6-8 GB of free space on their phone.

5 hours ago, Varking said:

I wasn't concerned about data usage. I was concerned about the file size of the apk once adding voiceovers. If I recall correctly, Dragon Quest 8 had to completely remove voice acting from their port because of how big it made the game file. Not everyone has 6-8 GB of free space on their phone.

I didn't mean DATA usage as a wifi/mobile connection, I was talking about data usage on actual storage disk. 

Anyway, it could be as additional file, if you want you can download it, if not just don't download it.