Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KateUpton

Level 45 mostly need DPS

37 posts in this topic

Exe warriors hold their own as dps even with all the running around, and our survivability is a lot higher.

Being in a good guild that understands this is important.

On 30.5.2017 at 4:53 PM, NeilDGTyson said:

Actually it doesnt work at all....I am a tank and i select 1 tank 3 dps 1 healer and it auto joins another tank warrior....not exec but tank just like me. Same with healers, it auto joins any mage regardless the path they use.

if you are a tank why not try 2 set on 4 dps und 1 healer ?

or as healer 4 dps 1 tank :D

1 person likes this

On 18.5.2017 at 1:32 PM, KateUpton said:

Yea those elite dungeons have perma tank already in raids. Leaves other tank no pt even guild is no use they make perma squad too. switching path not good unless they give us more talent exp and silver to upgrade 2 paths together. Can't blame those perma squad too as we know too many people can't follow strategies in boss raids. 

yes  i think it´s would be best that a 2nd path should be get up much easier, this will help a lot.

On 2017-6-3 at 8:00 PM, Hammer said:

Exe warriors hold their own as dps even with all the running around, and our survivability is a lot higher.

Being in a good guild that understands this is important.

most ppl dont, hence the problem

Doesnt matter....i have set my role as tank and the remaining slots for dps and 1 healer. But on the dps slot it joins another tank pathed warrior and on the healer spot a dps mage.

My guess is that they left it like that on purpose since in long term we will have off spec but that is annoying cause it forces dps mages to heal and dps warriors to tank sometimes. 

Not a big deal but a detail worth fixing/changing.

On 5/21/2017 at 0:41 PM, Essantra said:

I think warriors (exe) and rangers are on par with each other dps-wise. The problem is that most of the warriors in the game don't optimise their DPS by using a bad rotation, like how many do you see using chains? Chains is a taunt and does barely any damage but nearly every exe warrior is using it (a lot of faulty advice being given out on race chat). A lot use totem too, which is bad for dps. I have a scout aswell and realised most of their skills can hold up some decent DPS, so even if your rotation isn't the best, you can do decent damage. That's the difference between rangers and warriors.

The only warriors I know that use a correct rotation completely outdps rangers, one example being Zeus. Come see us in a hero fort raid as the only two exe's in a group with 20+ rangers and see us continously claim a spot in top 3-4 DPS (a lot of people equally geared and skilled too, and us exe's losing lots of dps moving).

Agree. I can still see some exec using chains and sometimes totem which is only useful for gladiators (in my opinion). Chains and anvil drop more or less have the same damage (considering different effects on runes) lower by approx. 50% compared to lava quake and deadly forge.

7 minutes ago, DocPonky said:

Agree. I can still see some exec using chains and sometimes totem which is only useful for gladiators (in my opinion). Chains and anvil drop more or less have the same damage (considering different effects on runes) lower by approx. 50% compared to lava quake and deadly forge.

Not really. Chains has a natural synergy with Tempest Rage (whirlwind). Besides, chains can be upgraded to inflict Dragon Curse which increases the damage of Tempest Rage.

Note that decent execs can already tank most bosses with sufficient healing so chains is never a bad idea.

Totem is a bad idea for Execs.

I often switch chains with lava when there is a glad or better tank in the team.

My skills: Anvil, chains/lava, tempest rage, meteor crater.

Posted (edited)

None of the hign end dps warriors use chains....chains are either for taunting or as u mentioned can be upgraded to inflict dragon curse which is helpfull in PVP and not PVE. Using chains in pve or on bosses as a dps is incredibly wrong. 

Best rotation for exe warriors is this:

Anvil drop, Bloodthirst, Meteor Crater, Tempest rage, Deadly forge(hammer).

Deadly forge also gives the reduced healing effect so it increases your tempest rage dmg and  you can upgrade deadlys forge dmg with runes.

I am mainly a tank but i tried exe path a lot. I start with anvil drop to get the crit buff, instantly bloodthirst for the extra dmg and Meteor crater right away. Then i hit tempest rage and Deadly forge to get all the extra dmg from reduced healing effect. Meanwhile the anvil drop has completed its cd so i use it again. Then i wait for anvil drop to reset again. It usually resets at the same time with bloodthirst and meteor crater so i start the same rotation again.

The rotation above is for single targets like bosses. On mobs i use lava quake and magma spikes instead of deadly forge and meteor crater.

Also make sure u lvl the right runes for those skills. I might make a post on which are the best imo.

Edited by NeilDGTyson
typo
1 person likes this

Elemental lords torture 1 and up also need dps, I haven't found a team that has a full pledge tank and shepherd, I'm a tamer and whenever I'm on a team they auto-kick who aren't built dps type, which is kinda unfair so they settle for hard 3 and below.

Hope devs come up with a new way to balance this one out.

The correct solution is to allow lvling of two paths. Then you can pick two of the three and serve multiple purposes. 

This would help a lot - maybe reduce xp per path lvl. 

On 2017-6-14 at 6:02 PM, hack1ge said:

The correct solution is to allow lvling of two paths. Then you can pick two of the three and serve multiple purposes. 

This would help a lot - maybe reduce xp per path lvl. 

But if you lvl 2 PvE paths u wont be able to compete in pvp....i think second path should be pvp so u can enjoy all game features. 

On 2017-6-14 at 4:02 PM, Artanis said:

Elemental lords torture 1 and up also need dps, I haven't found a team that has a full pledge tank and shepherd, I'm a tamer and whenever I'm on a team they auto-kick who aren't built dps type, which is kinda unfair so they settle for hard 3 and below.

Hope devs come up with a new way to balance this one out.

I can verify that as a tank. I have no chance on trying to kill torture2 or 3 and need some OP dps to carry me at torture1. I have settled to do hard mostly and wait for any guildy to sell me higher recipes. I dont know if that changes at ordeal or hell ( maybe they do dmg that only tanks can withstand) but for now tanks are doomed in elemental leaders.

1 hour ago, NeilDGTyson said:

But if you lvl 2 PvE paths u wont be able to compete in pvp....i think second path should be pvp so u can enjoy all game features. 

I can verify that as a tank. I have no chance on trying to kill torture2 or 3 and need some OP dps to carry me at torture1. I have settled to do hard mostly and wait for any guildy to sell me higher recipes. I dont know if that changes at ordeal or hell ( maybe they do dmg that only tanks can withstand) but for now tanks are doomed in elemental leaders.

Ppl on CN server can kill Hell, but it's same thing for NM and hell, no tank only dps and 1 heal.