Otter

Tank Losing the Aggro

6 posts in this topic

Hello. Our regular team just started going through skyblaze normal. Our sky1-3 are fast and smooth. However on boss 4 we are practicing the phase 1 of it. One thing we find strange is that our tank would always lose the aggro and attack our non-tank guys. The tank starts with chains and tries to kite around in a circle but it seems after the first chain it loses the focus on the tank and happens on occasion. Can someone explain how this happens and what fix should we do to have our tank maintain aggro? Note, our other team members don't have chains or other skill activated to steal the aggro.

I appreciate the input.

Just hold your dps (auto attack only) until he lands second chain.

Either have two tanks to juggle with chains, or hold dps until 2nd chain. Aggro in this game is a little different than in WoW. Taunts put you at the top of the threat instead of giving a static amount of threat.

Thanks for replying guys.

Yeah I noticed that only at the 2nd chain things behave "as expected".

Is there a difference if I start attacking the boss with a normal attack to start the battle and right after that do the 1st chain? Will that be better or should it be really 2nd chain?

PS - Haven't tried these myself, just asking ahead.

Yes it's something i see very often in this game. Tanks opening with taunt which is pretty dumb in terms of logic. 

Boss have nobody on aggro, taunt does not generate any aggro but it forces the boss to change the target to you. Boss have nobody on the target. So you taunt the boss to do what? Basically you're better using an auto attack than opening with taunt. 

On pulrik you have to kite and move around, thing is if you constantly move (which happens when you panic) you won't actually hit the boss to generate aggro. You have to keep attacking him even wile he use the red circles, you can still run around his hitbox and continue to attack. 

If the tank is undergeared (let's say 45 000 gear score) and you have paying players in your raid with 60-70k gearscore, you will just have to get used to him losing aggro or try to make your dps deal less damage in the first minute of the fight.