Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShadowOfALegend

is it true that eventually we're going to have to play the game exclusively on gameroom?

24 posts in this topic

I am hearing around that the Android and Ios side is not getting much support compared to the gameroom version.

1 hour ago, thegreatestviz said:

if that does happen i really hope there is a major upgrade to graphics. 

the graphics seem way worse on the pc version compared to when i played on the tablet.

i can honestly say i hate the pc version as i have no experience with a keyboard compared to a tablet and i think i pissed off all the guys who tried to guide me through handling this thing

why would they do that.. CoL cross platform feature is one of its pros for me, and I hope they dont change it.

yeah they could use grpahics upgrade on there gameroom version too..

37 minutes ago, whitERaven said:

why would they do that.. CoL cross platform feature is one of its pros for me, and I hope they dont change it.

yeah they could use grpahics upgrade on there gameroom version too..

trust me, I love playing this on the tablet but i have to learn this on the keyboard and its a huge letdown having to be stuck relearning the game from scratch when most of your mates are miles ahead of you and you're stuckat the pervervial start of the game

I play in both my phone an on ganeroom.. while yeah keyboards is different, and its a hassle tp adjust, its not impossible and a thing you can get used to in just few days at most

1 hour ago, whitERaven said:

I play in both my phone an on ganeroom.. while yeah keyboards is different, and its a hassle tp adjust, its not impossible and a thing you can get used to in just few days at most

it took 4 years for me to learn and master 4 simple buttons in the last game I play, trust me being forced to learn this is very gut-wrenching

1 person likes this

haha.. to each their own I guess, it be good if we can bind buttons to the mouse though.

11 hours ago, ShadowOfALegend said:

it took 4 years for me to learn and master 4 simple buttons in the last game I play, trust me being forced to learn this is very gut-wrenching

was that... Up/Down/Up/Down/Left/Right/Left/Right/Left? :D .. Yeah I miss that too. Sigh

Edited by Fusion

There are no plans to make CoL Gameroom specific. It's intended to be an option to supplement for users who are interested in playing on a PC. 

11 hours ago, Ocho said:

There are no plans to make CoL Gameroom specific. It's intended to be an option to supplement for users who are interested in playing on a PC. 

No automatic alt text available.

is there an ETA on when this will not be a thing or should I not hold my breath on that and to confirm, I was originally able to play on my tablet before the dec 6th update

1 person likes this

So any app has a complex web of inter-dependencies - this function requires this library requires this OS requires this hardware. With Apple devices it's pretty simple, because there are far fewer unknowns. The number of hardware iterations really makes things easy. With Android based devices it's much much more complicated. Just the nature of the platform. Sometimes understanding what change impacts what device gets really really difficult.

In the update on the 6th, we did a pretty significant upgrade to our game engine. Now if you read all the documentation, and understand the changes that were made, on its face it doesn't appear that this should change what devices CoL is playable on. But it did. From a communication perspective this is pretty key information to get out there, and we dropped the ball. 

Now the normal request is for a rollback when these sorts of things happen. But in a live service game rollbacks are really really complicated. Rolling back the engine changes means the Update doesn't work at all. Rolling back the Update means that character data is no longer compatible with the core game. We can tackle that, but there is a high degree of risk there. Touching character data in that significant a way is scary, and in order to make it work we'd have to have a long term technical solution for all the other challenges we'd then face. We'd also have to do this on an extremely compressed schedule, because the longer you wait the less reason there is to do it. Ultimately rollback wasn't a choice we could make.

So this is all pretty cold comfort for the fact that CoL won't run on your tablet anymore. That frankly sucks, and I'm working to impress on the team exactly how much that sucks so we can make better informed decisions in the future. That's my job, to help represent your interests, and I want to apologize for the frustration this causes. 

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Ocho said:

So any app has a complex web of inter-dependencies - this function requires this library requires this OS requires this hardware. With Apple devices it's pretty simple, because there are far fewer unknowns. The number of hardware iterations really makes things easy. With Android based devices it's much much more complicated. Just the nature of the platform. Sometimes understanding what change impacts what device gets really really difficult... ...

Mate it was all we asked. Thank you. Full explanation of what was going on. ps...whitERaven is the forum spammer... just thought you'd like to know.

Edited by Fusion
1 person likes this

13 hours ago, ShadowOfALegend said:

No automatic alt text available.

is there an ETA on when this will not be a thing or should I not hold my breath on that and to confirm, I was originally able to play on my tablet before the dec 6th update

i backed the apk up on another device i could download on, copied it to the computer, copied to the device it wasnt compatible with and installed from that.  It plays and works fine.

4 hours ago, Cerez said:

Wow so, basically we'r screwed? Niceeee

Just got this off ****ters... I mean twitter ....  Is this the long awaited fix we have been waiting for  ... holding ya to .... "game back up and running as soon as possible".... writing it in big in my diary.... so I can bring this up for future reference should all go to buggery.

25446158_1839466709427990_79291255635154

7 hours ago, Ocho said:

So any app has a complex web of inter-dependencies - this function requires this library requires this OS requires this hardware. With Apple devices it's pretty simple, because there are far fewer unknowns. The number of hardware iterations really makes things easy. With Android based devices it's much much more complicated. Just the nature of the platform. Sometimes understanding what change impacts what device gets really really difficult.

In the update on the 6th, we did a pretty significant upgrade to our game engine. Now if you read all the documentation, and understand the changes that were made, on its face it doesn't appear that this should change what devices CoL is playable on. But it did. From a communication perspective this is pretty key information to get out there, and we dropped the ball. 

Now the normal request is for a rollback when these sorts of things happen. But in a live service game rollbacks are really really complicated. Rolling back the engine changes means the Update doesn't work at all. Rolling back the Update means that character data is no longer compatible with the core game. We can tackle that, but there is a high degree of risk there. Touching character data in that significant a way is scary, and in order to make it work we'd have to have a long term technical solution for all the other challenges we'd then face. We'd also have to do this on an extremely compressed schedule, because the longer you wait the less reason there is to do it. Ultimately rollback wasn't a choice we could make.

So this is all pretty cold comfort for the fact that CoL won't run on your tablet anymore. That frankly sucks, and I'm working to impress on the team exactly how much that sucks so we can make better informed decisions in the future. That's my job, to help represent your interests, and I want to apologize for the frustration this causes. 

I'm no stranger to the intricacies of the the impact of a decision. As it stands, many players in the server went to lengths to make sure I would return to game by sending a "certain" gift. Now I'm back in game but with no experience on a keyboard, I'm now forced to relearn the game from scratch while my mates can continue on their progress without much consequense. This means I will see very little action from skyblaze onward. I can't even make use of the 10-skill bar because its too complicated. 

I mentioned this so the team has an understanding of how awful the content is. 

1 person likes this

Yea that sucks and all but i dont care how you justify it, playing on a keyboard is better then playing on the phone for 1 simple reason, their are other reasons but this is the most important. 

You can press 1 and 2 on your keyboard at THE SAME TIME to use either skill the second it comes off cooldown, on a phone you spam with your 1 finger, 1 button, thats it. You havea much bigger advantage now you just need to get used to it, it shouldnt take more then a week, if it does then theres other things going on that are more detrimental to your play then switching to a keyboard aha.

1 minute ago, Cerez said:

Yea that sucks and all but i dont care how you justify it, playing on a keyboard is better then playing on the phone for 1 simple reason, their are other reasons but this is the most important. 

You can press 1 and 2 on your keyboard at THE SAME TIME to use either skill the second it comes off cooldown, on a phone you spam with your 1 finger, 1 button, thats it. You havea much bigger advantage now you just need to get used to it, it shouldnt take more then a week, if it does then theres other things going on that are more detrimental to your play then switching to a keyboard aha.

even if one hasn't played on a keyboard before

2 minutes ago, Luc1fer said:

Seems your problem with pcs are more operator related than device related

If one hasn't played on a keyboard, what would you expect? One of the biggest problems I'm having is that I can't move and attack at the same time.

Also I never had a PC in the house til recently because it wasn't needed. any work I had goes out of my tablet thus it is a real convenience. 

You call it an advantage, I call it a detriment. Hell, my dps can't even compete with my old dps when comparing tablet to PC and this was from only from playing since Friday.

16 minutes ago, Cerez said:

Also to note, my tablet is not a phone and there  is a huge difference in how both are played

8 hours ago, Ocho said:

Based on what's currently happening, should I just request a refund seeing as I don't have much of a shot in keeping up with the game?

Someone posted on reddit that when they changed the in game graphics setting to high, then all the ones below it like texture detail and view distance turned to medium, then detailed off, shadows on, players set to zero, and also make sure yiu have hide players on from the little menu box where you can take selfies from.

I tried this today and it worked with no problems for 15minutes and im being kind of generous it was probly longer, i was taking a selfie and wanted it toolook good so i maxed out graphics settings, i joined a group shortly after that and crashed eventually, i then turned it back to the way the redditor described and i was able to play again for a long period, i actually logged out for once instead of it crashing haha. 

Hope this helps you guys and the developers. I'v been feeling like its a graphical issue and this finding leads more creedance to that id say.