Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Esrun

Difficulty scaling for L46 mobs is way off

28 posts in this topic

Level 46 Guild Goblints, Level 46 Elemental Skirmish, Gylfi quest monster are all insanely hard.

I could almost oneshot guild goblints at Level 45 but at Level 46 (running with an all L46 team) they are super hard. Same with Elemental Skirmish. There appears to be a bug in monster difficulty scaling. I believe that is the reason Gylfi is so hard.

Edited by Esrun
typos

Something isn't right in the game. Even the reputation grind stuff can kill you if they put a ticking DOT on you

I'm adding a low level team member for all the stuff that scales based on average team level. Even trial quests with L46 monsters are kinda hardcore.

1 hour ago, Quasar911 said:

this is to stop people auto-attacking

yea sure stop auto attacking and in the same time put in the game 100k killing archivment. 

Edited by Lunatic

Already had a few friends leave because of this.  Please scale it back a bit, we all don't have 13 legendaries and 60k power.  If you insist on keeping it, make levelling up an option not auto.

I'm not sure where the difficulty lies, haven't had any issues killing stuff yet.  And I'm sure once the other servers kill Pulrick and people lvl up it'll get easier.  Heck mystica hell is dropping 304 gear, everyone should be 50k in no time :)

It' fine if you have been playing a while, but newer players are dying all the time.  Without the new players the game dies, no one to buy your stuff, no one to kill in factions or whatever.  People with 20k power are going to 46 and can't  play the game anymore. So they leave to go lineage or another game. 

Had to help someone kill the fire elemental on the wine quest today, as they just kept dieing there. Needs a min power/talent level before you get to go up to 46, but then you alienate a section of the player base because they can't level up.

2 people like this

Anyone finished the lvl46 quest yet? Insanely hard, hit by gylfi 26k skill is not normal lol.

52 minutes ago, Artanis said:

Anyone finished the lvl46 quest yet? Insanely hard, hit by gylfi 26k skill is not normal lol.

Yes, of course people have finished Gylfi quest by having OP tank, good healer and 3 dps that don't mind the repair bill. This is not what the thread is about.

They better nerf it. I've already finished it earlier took almost an hour and 600k silver lol. I feel bad for the undergeared players. But anyways better wait for a nerf (if it's coming) since doing the quest now doesn't give anything not even the Level46 Skill Book.

@RedPanda when will we be able to unlock the Level46 Skill? It says Level46 so we assume it's at 46 but how?

People who happened to level to character level 46 can't do simple daily quests unless they have good gear. Same daily quests that they had no problem doing on auto when they were character level 45. Someone on discord (22K gear score) reported that they had to res multiple times to do Wine daily quest, the part where you have to kill elementals.

Netease, please investigate and fix. This really hurts less geared players.

22 hours ago, Lunatic said:

yea sure stop auto attacking and in the same time put in the game 100k killing archivment. 

and the problem is ........  well the problem is Lazyness. 

@RedPanda

this scaling issue directly correlates to the path skill issue/possible bug. 

if I wasn’t Templar path with 30k gear score I’d also die on wine daily. 

@RedPanda stated in another thread that Gylfi is intended challenge. Fair enough.

Are L46 Guild Goblints also intended challenge? What about L46 and higher monsters in regular daily reputation quests, like Elemental Skirmish, Wine Expedition, Trial Quest?

All of above are significantly easier to do if monster level is L45 or lower. It's like there is a huge difficulty gap when monsters scale to L46. It is very trivial to test and verify with Guild Goblints. Create a L46+ player team of 3 players. Test one group of L46+ Guild Goblints. Add a low level player, for example L40, so that Goblint level is scaled down to L45 or lower. Test one group of L45 Guild Goblints.

Although I will agree Gylfi is insanely hard, I have to admit a lot of what I’m reading is just crying that it’s not an instant win. ANYONE can level a toon in this game to level 46 in just a few days. Heck, you can level 16 to 35 in less than an hour using trial quests. Geeze, an earlier reply the poster claims he could one shot guild goblins and now he can’t.....oh, boo hoo hoo. So many times I respond to groups looking for more in Skyblaze and I inspect players when I get in the group and what do I see? Players with scores under 30K, gear that’s far below the toon level, sometimes they don’t even have an item in a jewelry slot! But it’s all about I want to hurry and get the best I can without investing any time. Some players think every encounter is a tank and spank and don’t even know the mechanics to an encounter

If your new to MMOs, grow some patience or quit now, they are designed to be time sinks. Every MMO is the same, someone complaining it’s too hard and threatening to leave if it’s not changed. Guess what, they don’t care, the number of subscriptions and active players won’t be missed by minus one.

Getting back to Gylfi, nope, I haven’t beat him yet and I have tried many times, spent a lot of silver on repairs and I will just revisit the encounter when I am better prepared with the right set up. I’m not quitting and running to another game because I can’t beat it right now and missing out on instant gratification.

Edited by Joseph
1 person likes this

@Joseph do you even understand what problem is being discussed in this thread? This is not another Gylfi thread so save your remarks. Nobody cares about your sky runs.

A player that just leveled their character to L46+ in a week, month or whatever doing trials with recent glitches (whaaaa?) or not can no longer do daily content on auto because the mobs will kill them. That is what is being discussed in this thread.

Mob difficulty scales with player level linearly. But at level 46 there is a huge jump in mob difficulty. Apparently you think that it is normal, because "MMO", "patience", "time sinks".

32 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Guess what, they don’t care

Guess what, I can solo most content. I created this thread on behalf of average casual player. They are the ones getting screwed by this bug.

1 person likes this

@Matrim u cant do hell dif with 40k group to reach 50k only with 304 ilvl items dumb ass , they really need to fix scale thats to much , we did try n3 goblin last week and boss 1 and 2 oneshot people with 1600 deff/spell deff , boss did scale to 49 and its incredible hard , 1st week when they add mythic we could do with no problem n3 ,we was lvl 45 then ,now with scale we cant even do n1 without many wipes and waiting rng jesus to help.us to evade some boss skills like goblin 1st boss with jump mechanic

30 minutes ago, SkyLight said:

LVL 55 for what? to kill the same "old mobs", stronger? lol...

For a chance to never see a L30-39 blueprint drop again in normal raids. Yay!

Edited by Esrun
none

they should implement something like new players cant hit lvl 46 until their path is lvl 60 atleast. it kinda helps to stay at lvl 45 and farm the game also they get invited into many raids coz of scaling issue. I stuck at lvl 46 and path 38 gg cant do dailies.

Edited by Shaper

On 12/12/2017 at 8:25 PM, Matrim said:

I'm not sure where the difficulty lies, haven't had any issues killing stuff yet.  And I'm sure once the other servers kill Pulrick and people lvl up it'll get easier.  Heck mystica hell is dropping 304 gear, everyone should be 50k in no time :)

Lol, Yea right, goodluck doing mystica hell in your 40s, even early 50ks also having hard time there..

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Sem said:

Lol, Yea right, goodluck doing mystica hell in your 40s, even early 50ks also having hard time there..

Amen to this, as someone in the mid-50k's. Mystica hell is a challenge. Heck, even running nm3 with a team of randoms becomes a pain in the rear for me if I can't find a team and decide to go with pugs, lol. 

I guess it's a strategy to force players has gear less than 60k to spend $$ to buy good gears.

BTW do you have any idea how much USD one need to buy a legendary gear?