Korrupt

This look familiar?

11 posts in this topic

This an add that looked exactly like this popped up for me today, look familiar?

nida640.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, see this image posted quite a while ago. Look at the far right.

20170423231531a0ep84z8rewpp9b7.jpg

The image at the top is a direct copy of the one at the bottom, with just a changed background. I'm not sure if there's anything technically wrong with this, but it's at least very rude, as they were never even credited(assuming the CoL team did make this image, which I'm guessing they did).

Unfortunately ripping like this exists all the time, If you know of the game Overwatch (I mean who hasn't) a chinese game ripped every model, world, spell from the original game and just put it on the app-store. People are shameless :(

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Unfortunately ripping like this exists all the time, If you know of the game Overwatch (I mean who hasn't) a chinese game ripped every model, world, spell from the original game and just put it on the app-store. People are shameless :(

Yes I saw this, I don't know if it is the same one (there are many) but the one that I saw was litterally them recolor ingredients the characters, and the game got lots of success.:/

Yeah, I think I remember reading somewhere that the game company was Chinese and copyright laws over there aren't at strict as the US so Blizzard wasn't able to take action against it. 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, I think I remember reading somewhere that the game company was Chinese and copyright laws over there aren't at strict as the US so Blizzard wasn't able to take action against it. 

Makes sense, I wonder if netease can do anything about this. While I know it's not really a big deal, there was no recolor or anything, just a straight up cut and paste.

Edited by Korrupt

We should probably wait and see to confirm that infact it is Netsease's art :/

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

We should probably wait and see to confirm that infact it is Netsease's art :/

I am pretty sure it is as she can be seen agian in the image below in a different pose, but I guess we will see.

crusadersoflight_keyart_01.jpg?fit=6000,

Edited by Korrupt

I just saw the exact image in game. So pretty much garenteed that it is Netsease's art.

It's our art. :) 

This kind of thing happens, I like to look at it as flattery. After all our art has to be pretty nice for folks to want to use it right? When you do see this kind of thing, and you want to let us know, a screenshot and the link are the most helpful things you can provide. That way our team can handle it appropriately. 

It is a darn nice image if I say so myself. 

1 person likes this

Is there anything that can be done? I'm not very educated on  copyright/plagiarism. And yes, it is a beautiful piece of art.

Not much. it's usually not worth having the case - if the end result is them removing that image/model.