Off

Any plans to buff executioner?

132 posts in this topic

With the recent buffs to rangers and mystics I’m finding it harder and harder to keep up in the harder raids where the mechanics force you to move away from the bosses. We need something to make executioners useful, higher burst damage or something. 

1 person likes this

Omg really... you're literally the most OP warrior on server.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Esrun said:

Learn to play your class.

I promise you that’s not the issue. The problem is and I’m sure most executioners will agree that anytime you have to move due to a boss mechanic there is literally nothing you can do.

Atm there’s really no need for executioners since ranged dps can always be doing damage while we have to run away and not do anything. In pvp it’s fine but pve there should be something that makes us useful. 

But what is your suggestion how to buff them in PvE but not make OP in PvP at the same time?

Idk, I’m not a game designer or developer. But currently fang is more useful in pve and pvp, I see that as a problem. 

Glad you brought this up @Off I was thinking of having a whinge myself.  

what I find even worse than those static periods you mentioned is the fact that on most raid bosses we have to chase the boss around the map the entire fight due to some basic mechanic which means the tank has to kite, which results in dropped basic attacks and mangled rotations

on many of these particular fights it becomes ridiculously advantageous to be ranged to the point of warriors being excluded from group composition entirely

first and third stages of pulrik it's basically impossible to dps in melee range without taking huge damage due to its tiny hit box, ashroot mechanics are laughable they basically proclaim all dps must be ranged, there are many stagnant points in liador where dps is impossible, not to mention the myriad buffs claimed in raids to increase dps that also slight executioners, armillions mushrooms or even positive and negative charge circles on liador

I'd personally suggest removing the 20 second limit to bloodthirst reset and removing the 70%+ damage boost on bloodthirst and meteor crater 

the damage output below 70%hp is actually a joke

Just as a note @RedPanda can you clarify whether there is a cap on crit or not ?

with wrath effect (40%) plus my basic crit (50%) plus meteor craters inherit crit (30%) that seems to add up past 100% yet in this state the ability does not always crit.

5 hours ago, Esrun said:

Learn to play your class.

Please play Purik as an executioner before you offer information of this caliber. 

@RedPanda I would love to know this as well. Panda please let us know if there will be any useful changes for Warriors in the future

I would like to see Off nerfed.  Seriously hes OP af.

1 person likes this

I'm an executioner and I share the same sentiment. Most of the Team Raid's boss mechanics favors range DPS, 

Magellana - they are useful because of their Purifying Blast that helps in healing.

Scout - they can do damage while running away from the boss' skills and has higher dps output compared to Executioner (Same stats and Set Builds, based on my experience doing raids.), 

Unlike Executioner, when we run away, we dont do damage and our dps go down. Please find a way for the Executioners to become useful in Team Raids, like Tamer = dmg buffs, Fang of Titanus = Crit buffs. or just remove the 70% life requirement for the additional dmg of skills, and make it permanent boost.

Thanks and more werpa lodi. B|:D

Edited by Mariong

I top dps on stationary bosses as exe. Exe is still far superior on dps compared to fang.

But yes an exe buff wont hurt.

I have not done testing on heroic bosses, however have noticed on elemental leaders my dps is only 1-1.5k higher on executioner compared to fang. 

When MJ were given more crit damage, and Scouts given more damage/stacking on starblade, their dps went up substantially. Executioners path was changed in replacing our ability to stack crit with increased attack speed after a critical hit... Which is a skill already granted in executioners path tree, as well as a perk gained in the Executioner L set.

Has any other executioner noticed a change in dps since this update took place a while back or know why they modified this? It just seems like a very redundant path now. Crit, hit faster, hit faster... still low damage compared to scout and mj.  

LMAO, the highest damage/dps class in game wants to be even stronger? That's ridiculous. Not only is it easier to dps as a warrior it's cheaper to gear up than a ranger. A ton of boss fights have random aoe circles that spawn on ranged dps and heals that don't spawn on close ranged dps. Not to mention higher resilience, i.e. health, armor and regeneration and OP aoe damage on top of single target..... I'd say if you want even more OP roll a pally for the first couple months haha.

2 minutes ago, loathed said:

LMAO, the highest damage/dps class in game wants to be even stronger? That's ridiculous. Not only is it easier to dps as a warrior it's cheaper to gear up than a ranger. A ton of boss fights have random aoe circles that spawn on ranged dps and heals that don't spawn on close ranged dps. Not to mention higher resilience, i.e. health, armor and regeneration and OP aoe damage on top of single target..... I'd say if you want even more OP roll a pally for the first couple months haha.

So you tell me why executioners aren't involved in difficult raids if their damage is the highest and also have less circles on boss fights?

1 person likes this

I don't know who you raid with but the top dps in my guild on the hardest raids is almost always exec warriors. But I guess H lush, Chim ash n sky aren't difficult raids?

1 person likes this

Can't bring star volley into this argument.  Scout literally had no path skill till they fixed that.  Completely diffrent argument.  Besides danger was by design suppose to be highest dps but instead we basically only match mystics and warriors while haveing no defense heal or othe protections.

anyway where'd we land on nerfing off?

Edited by moto

i would love a screenshot of your dps chart on everlush heroic (Ashroot especially) and other heroic raids. Because I just don't believe you.. sure the aoe helps in clearing adds/mobs but warrior base damage is lower compared to rangers and mystics. We don't burst high like the other 2 classes and the update seemed to favor the other dps classes is the point I am trying to make

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, moto said:

Can't bring star volley into this argument.  Scout literally had no path skill till they fixed that.  Completely diffrent argument.

anyway where'd we land on nerfing off?

Thats fair. Scouts should have highest dps in game tbh. But why boost mystic dps?

1 person likes this

I'm not saying it's perfect but when you can solo hunts and heroic raids and are hitting 25-35k dps I'd say that's op lol. Just my opinion. 

1 person likes this

Hahaha, true. From my experience, scouts and MJ who I outdps'd before the update were outhitting me by 2-3k overnight. The change they made to our path skill just seemed really lazy and unneeded

1 person likes this

I mean scouts were supposed to be highest dps bar none. But as everyone knows it's not the case. I have seen 40k cr warriors out dps almost 60k cr scouts.  I've even seen mystics doing the same. And don't get me wrong I've got some really good scouts in guild but it's neck to neck if even that on even moving, kiting fights. Almost 100% of the time i see mystics and war as top dps. TBH, rangers have cool things as tamers but, scout class still needs a tad more work. I'm hoping this new star circle upgrade system is gonna be like EQ AA system. 

What I'd really like to see is certain skills auto banned in pvp. I mean fighting a mystic that's popping 20-30k dps and healing over 2k is crazy hard. Or even tamer in that respect auto heal plus roll if your speccd = invincible lol. But that's just my opinion. 

I have been playing as Executioner since the global launch and when it comes to pve it's obvious at this point melee dps is not ideal, when given the choice people will pick a mystic or scout every time instead of a executioner, as melee dps as many mentioned above we stop dpsing to dodge/follow the boss / stand in circles ect . The dps from an executioner can catch up to mystics and rangers yes mostly for the first 30% hp of the boss then it goes down .

From a pve perspective (for the dps paths ) mystics can do high ranged dps and heal at the same time which makes them the best class for pve ( and let's be honest they are just as good in pvp as well )

Rangers should have more dps i totally agree,  they have ranged attacks which fits well with all the raid mechanics their heal/shield capabilities are low, i think dps should be higher to compensate . 

Warriors have a similar dps potential to rangers but they are melee which in a raid perspective why the hell would you want a melee ranger whose dps drops after the first 30% and has to run around the map chasing the boss and not dpsing . 

Yes tanks are mandatory in all raids , but you need 2 to 3 tanks max (for the hardest raids) and not everyone wants to play as a tank, with the paladin release i'm afraid warriors will be forgotten even more .

Anyway that's my take on it dps warriors are not completely useless but they are clearly lacking.