Madscotsman

Forest Guide - Guide Wanted

15 posts in this topic

Would any experienced forest guide ranger be willing to throw together a quick guide for this spec. Something with the following info would be great:

Active skills & rotation, runes, recommended gear, etc..

I’ve played tamer and scout but would like to try this spec since the other two are starting to become a little stale to me. Thanks in advance for any input.

Forest is the pvp spec of ranger it's use in raids is poor in comparison to scout and tamer so I highly recommend only using it for pvp

the setup I ran in pvp for forest was to focus the right side of talent tree and maxing around lvl 40 for left side. I found forest is all about the stun chain so using wolves tempest shot blessed arrow (for tempest reset chance) and relentless. That's really it it's just about getting the moonlight procs to stun the opponent and the wolf for extra stuns. 

3 hours ago, Arok said:

Forest is the pvp spec of ranger it's use in raids is poor in comparison to scout and tamer so I highly recommend only using it for pvp

the setup I ran in pvp for forest was to focus the right side of talent tree and maxing around lvl 40 for left side. I found forest is all about the stun chain so using wolves tempest shot blessed arrow (for tempest reset chance) and relentless. That's really it it's just about getting the moonlight procs to stun the opponent and the wolf for extra stuns. 

Thanks for the info

Your welcome and if you happen to try it out and find better setups and what not let me know as I main scout but pay 5k gold each time to pvp in forest haha

I think u are rong ,the dps its ok for what he do for others rangers and mage's, the buff impruve intelect and agi with 48% on path 65. And the dps on 45k gs its ok 14/15 k no legendary item and low sets.

Mby u can reconsider your opinion about forest !

On 2/9/2018 at 8:42 PM, Sahirian said:

I think u are rong ,the dps its ok for what he do for others rangers and mage's, the buff impruve intelect and agi with 48% on path 65. And the dps on 45k gs its ok 14/15 k no legendary item and low sets.

Mby u can reconsider your opinion about forest !

Check the date. It was posted before fg was changed.

I main forest for quite some time now and so far this has been my experience:

I always start with moonlight mainly for the buff but it's also good for the aoe, then crows, razor wind once, rallying cry and finish with biting rain.

If you get the buff from the class talent, you can do 4 (at least 3, depending on runes) empowered blessed arrows. Forget relentless and razor wind, because when you finished your 4th shot, you can do crows->rallying cry->biting rain again. Ofc use moonlight when you can. I've been focusing only on this rotation and i can do at least 5k more damage then before when i didn't actually realize how op this is. If you don't get the buff, just fill with razor and relentless until cooldowns are off. If I get the other buff, star cloak from biting rain and there is a group of mobs, i always use relentless since the aoe is much more helpful. With this method i can outdamage most of the scouts with similar stats, meanwhile providing an uderrated buff for the whole team :P My gs is 53k, lvl 70 path. If you have legends, try to reforge for blessed arrows. Don't focus on razor since you will use tempest shot in pvp anyway.

Hope this short guide helps, feel free to ask :)

On 3/22/2018 at 2:40 AM, Asztalos said:

I main forest for quite some time now and so far this has been my experience:

I always start with moonlight mainly for the buff but it's also good for the aoe, then crows, razor wind once, rallying cry and finish with biting rain.

If you get the buff from the class talent, you can do 4 (at least 3, depending on runes) empowered blessed arrows. Forget relentless and razor wind, because when you finished your 4th shot, you can do crows->rallying cry->biting rain again. Ofc use moonlight when you can. I've been focusing only on this rotation and i can do at least 5k more damage then before when i didn't actually realize how op this is. If you don't get the buff, just fill with razor and relentless until cooldowns are off. If I get the other buff, star cloak from biting rain and there is a group of mobs, i always use relentless since the aoe is much more helpful. With this method i can outdamage most of the scouts with similar stats, meanwhile providing an uderrated buff for the whole team :P My gs is 53k, lvl 70 path. If you have legends, try to reforge for blessed arrows. Don't focus on razor since you will use tempest shot in pvp anyway.

Hope this short guide helps, feel free to ask :)

I have to ask about your rotation because based on the skill tree you have  to hit a target that alreadys has the birds attacking with biting rain to refresh blessed cooldown and tonget the all set effect. So I would make whatever the final rotation is contain first crows and second biting much like you use first rally and then blessed in order to buff blessed. Or use three normal attacks prior to blessed. That being said my rotation is Somme variation of moon beam, razor, relentless, crows, biting, rally and blessed.  Because my star rain is leveled I include my star rain I’m there. Really which we could speed this skill up.  Cause wtf if the Long reset about.  And depending if bless is ready or not I’ll alternate bless w norm attack until my relent or rasor pops. 

I am a scout looking at going FG.  I keep hearing you guys talk about moonlight but when I look at my skills I don't see moonlight.  Can someone explain?

Moonlight is the path (transfer) skill. For scout it's Starblade Volley, for tamer it's Wild Roar, for forest guide it's Moonlight.

Noob here just like to ask something.  What is this "dark riven" something that is required to have 1.5s for 5s based on "ready".  Ive been following the req forever but cant seem to trigger it.  Am i missing something?

There r times that my stat went from 11k to 33k. 

Sometimes I cant receive exp or talent exp i wonder why.

So I lvled it up to 34% chance but the proc chance gain very little improvement

Hey, I play Forest as follows:

Moonlight>Crows>Cry>Rain>4x BlessedArrow> start again with Crows

When not trigger the CDReduction of BlessedArrows cast anythingelse you do the most dmg with. 

Use Moonlight when its up and the last MoonlightBuff just has expired.

(I have a vague memory that the Buff lasts the half of its CDTime...so 10 seconds I guess.)

Works fine for me. Im open to consider suggestions.

Greetings