Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cazzyn

Honeymoon's over

13 posts in this topic

I've noticed some pretty discouraging issues lately and I can understand why many high ranking players are deciding to stop playing.  Aside from the overcrowding, and the secondary issues that lead to lack of resources and depressed economy; I've noticed some other changes that effect game play and character progression.  The first is the elephant that rampaged through the room awarding some with vast riches while leaving others as pile of red pulp - yes I'm talking about the gem compensation fiasco.  I have players in my friends list that were in the top 10 of their race and top 20 overall, who are now 60ish in class and are struggling to stay in the top 100.  There are some guilds that would regularly switch out gems depending on what they were planning to do (spell defense or defense) and they were reimbursed for every gem they switched.  And this is the biggest reason that many high ranked people are quitting the game.

There are also minor changes that limit new players from progressing like those who started a couple months ago.  There used to be Champions that you could challenge for 2 lucky tickets a day - not anymore, pay up newb.  And when I was working on getting my new 45 to level up my path, I had an entire warehouse full of D0 items with set bonuses.  Now you might get a D0 after a raid, and that gear might have a set bonus.  And with the Rock set being so important for tanks and Mystery and Secret so important for healers, you new players are left with using 5 dragon scales to try and re-roll a set bonus. (Good luck with that.)

But in addition to this I've seen a single ranger in PvP stroll through the faction reputation zone and single-handedly kill a dozen players.  (this is the part where you respond by posting: If you witness suspicious activity, please post here broken link. )  It's not about one player using speedhack in PvP, or greatly altering the overall standing list . . . it's about the sanctity of YOUR game.  If NetEase doesn't care about cheaters or players who worked hard to rise in standing, then please explain why I should care about playing.

1 person likes this

Just wondering if said ranger was on Fertile Gorge. If yes, probably because said ranger dropped $30k + on the game. Hell if it was him more power to him. Keeps my F2P butt able to play for free!

Edited by BullzEye

Nope, I'm on thundercall, but I agree that P2W players keep games like this free for the rest of us.  But I wouldn't mind spending $10 or so on 'investment' items. i.e. lifetime purchase 10 crystals and 1000 gold daily as long as you keep logging in.

1 person likes this

I also quit the game for the same reasons mentioned.

At start i thought i would suck it up and keep playing "for fun" but unfortunatly there is no fun when half of ur friends quit the game over this gem fiasco. its not fun when u meet the gem buffed players in arena and bf, its not fun when u no longer have a chance to compete for first kills in high raids cause some people got months worth of progress in their mail, its not fun when i struggle to save silver to make 1 lvl 40 diamond to slowly progress while others got 100 of them for free, its not fun when u listen to the devs and dont mess around with the bug while the ones that abuse the bug get rewarded for it.

The same amount of support i have shown to this game from before it even launched the soft launch the same anger and dislike i feel about it right now. 

I am trying to think WHAT made them think that its ok to just leave it like that. Is there a lack of understanding of how much that breaks the balance of the game? The amount of people quitting doesnt make u think u should do something else about it? Do you expect it to just "be forgotten"? 

Edited by NeilDGTyson
3 people like this

New servers is NOT the solution.  Not sure why people keep saying that.  The only person who benefits from new servers is the creators of the game as people will want to invest to get back to their once glory.  That is not the solution to the problem.  

1 person likes this

I feel like a lot of supposed to be free things in the game aren't released, events like the champion trials is one yeah it was releassd but it was short? If you have observed some npc selling p2p stuffs with different currencies and I assume those currencies are from events which weren't released.

Take summoners war for example, how did they get a lot of players playing their game for so long? They embraced both f2p and p2p players, they given some other means to get free legendary scrolls other than your credit card, though if you want 2 or more legendary scrolls then you really have to pay, my point is that they don't really need to make you pay them to be able to purchase p2p items, just play and grind all day.

1 person likes this

The only people who are fighting for NO new servers are whales or the people who got over compensated it's disgusting 

9 minutes ago, cuyno927 said:

The only people who are fighting for NO new servers are whales or the people who got over compensated it's disgusting 

I dont think a new server is a good idea, and I didnt get over compensated, and im not a whale...  New servers will not solve anything... Just keep playing and things will work out... patience....

I was affected by the glitch and was not given tons of compensation so to be honest your assumption is incorrect.  I personally do not want to spend the $ I already spent on this game over again to start over.  I invested once, I will not invest again. Not tomention the time I put into leveling my character.  

23 hours ago, Shazman said:

I was affected by the glitch and was not given tons of compensation so to be honest your assumption is incorrect.  I personally do not want to spend the $ I already spent on this game over again to start over.  I invested once, I will not invest again. Not tomention the time I put into leveling my character.  

Good for you, stay on your server then. You don't have to be so selfish to the point of not letting anyone else have something

On 10/14/2017 at 11:57 AM, Vicki said:

Good for you, stay on your server then. You don't have to be so selfish to the point of not letting anyone else have something

LOL it has nothing to do with being selfish, it makes no sense.  Everytime there is an issue the whiners cry for reset and compensation when they don't spend a penny on the game.  He got more then me, so I want the same.  As Anon said, just play the game... OR not either way doesn't effect me in any shape.  

Additional servers wouldn't help, would spread the community far too much from the servers we have available. How often do you have to wait 'x' period of time to join 'y' team? Compensation only affected a small percentage of players. The problem with people crying for the new servers, they're doing so because player1 received more than them and they feel cheated by the system. We all feel cheated to some extent, but majority of the player base has sucked it up and soldiered on. 

@cuyno927 Lots of people i know, whether compensated or not are not bothered and have chilled out now. We're playing for fun, despite being in one of the top 2 guilds on our server. Yes, we noticed certain players within both ours and other guilds gained lots of gear score overnight, sliding their way into the top 35~ or so.

We've accepted it, move on. Even those who received nothing are continuing to play, because they enjoy the game, whilst it may be seen as a "missed opportunity" for free stuff/upgrades, so what?

Half the fun is taking the time out to improve your character.