Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Killer

Is the game p2w?

20 posts in this topic

I just started this game and it is the only other mmorpg beside order and chaos, that is worth bein played... Order and chaos 1/2 sucks because these mmorpgs are extremly p2w and thats also the reason why many players quit these mmorpgs. Could you please tell me if this game is going to be p2w? Please be honest...

What determines P2W is ultimately a personal decision, as no two people on the internet seem to agree what that means. Heck, I sometimes even disagree with myself. That being said the best way to evaluate is to look at what is for sale and form a personal opinion.

1 person likes this

no rly you can buy premium currency with gold you get gold from dailys i already got 10k and its 12k for 500 gems

It’s half and half p2w. Sure it’ll get you gold and other nice stuff but that can be acquired through normal determination. Downside is you’ll get newbs with full legends that still can’t play. Go figure. Think of it like world of Warcraft sure you could buy gold and then buy whatever you wanted or just farm it.

Mates im realy free player, i start  a game July. Atm i have 48000 gearscore, 8 legendary S rank item. I can 16-17k dps Hc raid, I have 17.5k Hp and 1300+ spell def. So i never rich my server highest ppl 64-65000 gerascore, but i think this enought me becuse i can do all hc raid (HC sky and new instance ofc not). So if u play lots u can do everything if u free player, just more time. Sry my terrible english!

Edited by Csubi1980

Ignore the idiot that says it is 12k for 500 gems. Math isn't his strong suit. The game has some P2W aspects. But it isn't that bad. The guild battles and championship battles are big P2W but it doesn't affect it that much. There is no bonus for winning except some fancy title. I've spent 40 bucks on the game and in the top 100. Get a good guild and it will be fun. Don't expect to do the end game raids any time soon but that isn't a big deal to me.

5 hours ago, Csubi1980 said:

Mates im realy free player, i start  a game July. Atm i have 48000 gearscore, 8 legendary S rank item. I can 16-17k dps Hc raid, I have 17.5k Hp and 1300+ spell def. So i never rich my server highest ppl 64-65000 gerascore, but i think this enought me becuse i can do all hc raid (HC sky and new instance ofc not). So if u play lots u can do everything if u free player, just more time. Sry my terrible english!

Don’t believe you!

In my personal opinion, this game isn't really P2W. Since just like what other said you can buy the premium currency which is Crystals with Golds which you can earn everyday. You just really need time and hard work to be strong if you are a F2P players just like many. The only P2W stuffs that I can see in this game are just Mounts which don't even give stats tho so it's not a big deal.

He may have 8 legendary forged. A guildie of mine has forged over 14 and he is F2P. I'm F2P with 40 spent. I've forged 1 legendary and have 4 Exquisites. Gear Rating at 47K. It is possible to get there. I started 2 weeks after the game was released.

This game is P2W only if you're willing to spend thousands of dollars. at least 2-3k. spending a couple hundred bucks wont get you anywhere mate.

i'm a f2p player  since the live launch for EU UTC+4 server. been playing since day 1. GS 45k, 4 crafted legends. Able to clear nm3. Unable to clear Arunas HC and Ashroot HC along with Sky HC. I do 14-15k dps appx and spend over 6 hours everyday from farming mats to doing dailies and medals. Only like 5% of the population on the server has done Arunas HC and Ashroot HC so in 2-3 weeks ill have enough stats to do them. As F2p you will only be behind p2w players by 2-3 weeks at most. Even if you start playing late you can reach  close to the endgame players in a month and a half time and clear all content being cleared by them. Currently on my server hell2 is the one ppl have cleared(p2w ) so i'm only behind by 2 difficulties.

Not sure why a necro'd post was responded to but i'm assuming with the release of lineage 2 we've lost a few ppl overnight while gotten a few new players

I wouldn't be classed as a F2P as I  have spent $120 since the day this game first was introduced but I've made a huge effort to save my gold totalling over 1.2 million made and I'm making a safe guess. As for my bounty I spent my money on, I got very little out of it. 

Let's be real. For those who didn't get over compensated, it's just impossible for you to finish certain the HC raids without getting carried by OP team.
Don't give me that bs that you can reach 50k+ gearscore without paying a penny, unless you got that free gems and sparkling in the past. 

All I can say is spending money in this game, can definitely give you some advantages from other players. You will be definitely ahead from the rest. 

It will give anyone an edge for paying of course. I experienced being melted on battlefield by someone in our server who had already spent 12k dollars (saw her with gorgh mount) but that was months ago, she might be on 20k dollars now more or less. 

In our server, we best avoid being matched with a full group of known "p2w" players during fc and gc since it's a sure lose.

On 14/11/2017 at 6:20 PM, Piet said:

Don’t believe you!

Hey csubi in my guild and I can say he telling the truth.

good guild help. Not sure how your guilds are but we gear people and help them

and a lot grind in game wish I could but I can’t..

Wasted money on this game only to be insulted time and time again.

By I cannot say anymore  apparently.

This game has not middle ground, if you only going to spend 50-100$ a month youre waisting you money...

5,10,20$ here or there is not going to get you anymore ahead of a FTP player. And probably just tick you off lol.

Most of the good raids like sky4 and team heroic are ran with heavy hitters dropping thousands of. $$$.

Sure some guild will tote one or 2 people through but most will kick if you not dropping 15-20k dps and you will be left on the outside looking in

2 hours ago, JokerB said:

This game has not middle ground, if you only going to spend 50-100$ a month youre waisting you money...

5,10,20$ here or there is not going to get you anymore ahead of a FTP player. And probably just tick you off lol.

Most of the good raids like sky4 and team heroic are ran with heavy hitters dropping thousands of. $$$.

Sure some guild will tote one or 2 people through but most will kick if you not dropping 15-20k dps and you will be left on the outside looking in

That' another reason why I'm not liking CoL anymore power players getting stronger and stronger while f2p having no fun at all lol

Just now, cuyno927 said:

That' another reason why I'm not liking CoL anymore power players getting stronger and stronger while f2p having no fun at all lol

I agree there has to be a better balance.

Eventually the whales are going to get tired of playing on empty servers and the game will shut down .

I know there has to be PTW. But the moderate spenders are the ones leaving.. people dont like when they spend 250 over 2 weeks and end up with 2 leaves 20000 gold a few runes and silver lol..

Honestly P2W (not couple hundred, but couple thousands $$$) players is what keeps the game running. Do they have an advantage? Of course. Can you still be competitive as a F2P player, sure. But don't expect to be clearing any high level raids with P2W players like BSVH and Foundry anytime soon. No matter how much "time and effort" you put in a F2P can not keep up with a P2W player in this game. But its always nice to have P2W friends :D:D:D

Edited by TeamNoLuck