Imperious

Immortals Fastest Competition Run

36 posts in this topic

Our best run for the competition, for everyone to see. I don't know how Netease timed the runs, and without that knowledge and the official winning runs video, I can't directly dispute the official results. But I see a faster time here than what we were given on the leaderboard.

Logs were checked for accuracy again in the final days leading up to the competition. Having accurate logs for the winning attempt is critical for this type of competition and is something we made absolutely sure of.

Not too sure what you mean Redpanda. But basically, we, as players, lack the tools and data that Netease has to accurately timr our own runs? If you can't say more than you have, that's fair, I'm just trying to get an understanding as to how 1.5 seconds were arbitrarily added to our time.

Something else that is critical for these competitions is setting the ground rules and making sure you actually follow them. 

Netease left it up to the people competing to figure out exactly how the times are being calculated.  We now know that the times started from the moment a player in the group attacked.  According to your own rules the time should have ended when the boss was defeated.  Only now that the competition has ended do we find out that the time really ended when the boss was LOOTED. 

I'm fairly certain that even following the original rules as stated by Netease nothing would have changed, but it's super shady to not follow the rules exactly as they are written in a competition like this.

PS.  Please fix the server lag for any future competitions.

"From the moment damage is inflicted on an enemy, to the moment the final enemy is defeated and the enemy’s HP bar reaches zero represents how the duration is tracked."

I think that's pretty clear on how the times were calculated.

2 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

"From the moment damage is inflicted on an enemy, to the moment the final enemy is defeated and the enemy’s HP bar reaches zero represents how the duration is tracked."

I think that's pretty clear on how the times were calculated.

Only it is not because if you watch the video you will see that the bosses hp reaches 0 around 3:24.500 minutes.  The boss is looted around 3:26.100.  If you look at the ranking the 3:26.100 time is the one that is shown.  You guys clocked the EXACT time that the boss was looted as the final time.

What am I missing?

I'll reiterate:

Logs were checked for accuracy again in the final days leading up to the competition. Having accurate logs for the winning attempt is critical for this type of competition and is something we made absolutely sure of.

So there is s 1.6 second discrepancy from what your logs say and what video evidence shows... in a competition that came down to .37 seconds

Either Netease did not follow their own rules and used the time of looting as the end time or there is a 1.6 second discrepancy for whatever reason. 

Either way, like i said earlier, super shady

24 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

I'll reiterate:

I will reiterate the point, the calculations were clearly not made the way you describe them to be. Knew NetEase would pull something Shady like this, like they did in another competition on a NetEase game 

If Immortals claims their completion time is 3:24 instead of 3:26, and with the same record system, Ascension can claim that their completion time is 3:23 not 3:25. Dont blame on Netease. Now the result is very clear and we all know who is the real champion. Try to learn from the child story "The Hare and The Tortoise (Immortals = Hare, Ascension = Tortoise). Respect to all members of Ascension, outstanding!!! from IndoLeague Guild.

“Ask any gamer. Any real gamer. It don’t matter if you win by a millisecond or a second. Winning’s winning.” #Kid

32 minutes ago, Kidshunter said:

If Immortals claims their completion time is 3:24 instead of 3:26, and with the same record system, Ascension can claim that their completion time is 3:23 not 3:25. Dont blame on Netease. Now the result is very clear and we all know who is the real champion. Try to learn from the child story "The Hare and The Tortoise (Immortals = Hare, Ascension = Tortoise). Respect to all members of Ascension, outstanding!!! from IndoLeague Guild.

“Ask any gamer. Any real gamer. It don’t matter if you win by a millisecond or a second. Winning’s winning.” #Kid

If you look back to my initial post you'll see that I stated I was fairly certain the results of the competition would not change.  It is still very shady that they clearly did not follow their own rules and even when shown video evidence of that (from two sources) it is being denied. All I want is transparency. 

Also in their video they engage mobs around 1:19. They kill boss at 4:44. They loot boss at 4:46.  Not sure how you came up with your numbers. 

Edited by Hodor

Congratulations to the winners very awesome to win 10k each have fun with the money 

It's even stupid to think that this competition was purely legit.... you don't give $400,000.00 that easily. As expected....

15 hours ago, Imperious said:

Our best run for the competition, for everyone to see. I don't know how Netease timed the runs, and without that knowledge and the official winning runs video, I can't directly dispute the official results. But I see a faster time here than what we were given on the leaderboard.

The issue here is that you guys are assuming damage is first done once it appears on your damage chart. It doesn't. It takes like a second for the recount chart to show damage, even more under lag. So 3:26 would be correct, as it definitely wasn't 3:25 from when damage is done. NetEase measured the time exactly how they said they would. We also timed a shorter run than the time posted up, we got around 3:23 or 3:24 and we also started time as soon damage appeared on the damage recount chart.

11 minutes ago, Essantra said:

The issue here is that you guys are assuming damage is first done once it appears on your damage chart. It doesn't. It takes like a second for the recount chart to show damage, even more under lag. So 3:26 would be correct, as it definitely wasn't 3:25 from when damage is done. NetEase measured the time exactly how they said they would. We also timed a shorter run than the time posted up, we got around 3:23 or 3:24 and we also started time as soon damage appeared on the damage recount chart.

So just out of pure coincidence both of the runs ended up with times that were exactly when the boss was looted?  Down the the millisecond.

You're trying to say that there is a margin of error of 1.6 seconds in the time it takes their servers to record things in a competition that was won by one third of a second.

Not sure which is worse...

12 hours ago, Kidshunter said:

Ascension had to combine people from whole server.  It wasn't just Ascension my guildie won too

Did the actual winning team walk away with 10k each?  I am still skeptical about this entire giveaway. 

17 hours later and no response.  Netease clearly did not follow their own contest rules.

Beware in the future.

We did respond, you just didn't get the response you wanted.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

17 hours later and no response.  Netease clearly did not follow their own contest rules.

Beware in the future.

You my friend is pathetic! Stop whining and accept your defeat.

48 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

We did respond, you just didn't get the response you wanted.

You responded by saying that you calculated time based on when the bosses hp reached zero.  You also stated that the logs were checked for accuracy etc.

I don't know whether it is intentional or not, but the logs that NetEase is reading clearly showed the time when the boss was LOOTED not when the bosses hp reached zero.

The other team defeated the dungeon quicker in either scenario and I am not refuting that.  Just showing proof that the rules of the competition were not followed.