Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CFunky

Future of legendaries

20 posts in this topic

Hi @RedPanda, as any other mmorpg, CoL will also progress in the future, new raids will be added and new level cap and maps will come.

my question is what will happend to the legend gear we have now, will it be replaced by a completly new set of gear and become obselete?

or will new game content bring up new upgrades for the current legendary gears so the resources spent so far won't go down the drain?

would be nice to know the direction the game is heading to. for instance in oac2 they had heritage weapons, from day 1 of the game the developers stated that this weapon will always be the best weapon and will always keep getting upgrades as long as the game will go on. so we knew where to spend out time money and energy at.

Thanks a lot.

If you were a business looking to increase profits which one would you do?

all companies is a business but anything can happen, it does not have to be a bad or greedy move.

Those oac2 heritage weapons were the worst! Talk about greedy cash grab and also boring to know you will only have one weapon for ever...

if they implement costumes in game, then your not using same weapon anymore ^^

In my experience with mmos all gear becomes obsolete especially these legendarys since its pretty much a new game, gear will evolve in time godly equipment will get better 

Edited by HELLSOLDIER
Spelling

35 minutes ago, CFunky said:

lol thank you all for your opinions, but i wanted some official word from @RedPanda.

Netease won't even tell us the updates during an update, you think they will tell you the future of items in the game? 

4 people like this

I just wish that everytime you Upgrade your Legendary the appearance of it will change. because it will really suck that here will be expansions and you will just look like lvl 30. 

its a good question and I've been wondering about it too so yea any official answer to it would be helpful 

u could probably keep upgrading your legendary for insane amount of mats for the stats to stay relevant with your current gear level-thats the benefit of legendary over other gears(also additional stats/skill ups ofcourse)

42 minutes ago, SkyLight said:

the answer is here:

LsUTFFF.jpg

nope.

those ranges are there for ring/pendant that drop from elemental lords, they depend on your path level, and go up to 70 same as max path level, it has nothing to do with armor/weapon parts.

Could you imagine keeping up with upgrading legendarys when they release levels 70 or 80 or 100 nah I'd rather they are obsolete 

I think it's great that you guys are wondering about what's coming down the pipeline for the game. For things like this, we do have plans but the are always, always changing, and they could change very quickly, so anything I say at this moment is likely to change again, and again, AND AGAIN, and maybe a few more time for good measure. So there's nothing I can really speak to about the future of legendaries at this time that would hold any water. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, HELLSOLDIER said:

Could you imagine keeping up with upgrading legendarys when they release levels 70 or 80 or 100 nah I'd rather they are obsolete 

What are you talking about? The gear you worked hard for; FOR MONTHS. You just want it to go obsolete on new content? You are high. You do realize how hard it is to reforge, refine and upgrade your legendaries right?

Edited by MysticPlayer
2 people like this

Vanilla wow to tbc...just my experience with current gear vs new content

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, Arok said:

Vanilla wow to tbc...just my experience with current gear vs new content

Agreed.

People forget that once lvl is increased we will be able to do chim and lush heroic easily which drop blood of titanus for free.

It is currently already easy to get frosts.

So it wont take as much effort to upgrade the later ones as most of the mats will be easily acquired. Only the set gear for upgrading may be time consuming. 

1 person likes this

Yep I currently have over 50 frost hearts as diety gear is not for scouts so just stick piling them 

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, MysticPlayer said:

What are you talking about? The gear you worked hard for; FOR MONTHS. You just want it to go obsolete on new content? You are high. You do realize how hard it is to reforge, refine and upgrade your legendaries right?

I just hope they come out with better gear so we don't have to keep leveling these legendarys could you imagine what it would take to keep up with levels when they increase the cap, I hope we get items in the future that trump legendarys I'm saving all my gold just in case