MrMesli

Are characters tied to servers?

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

Currently there is only 1 server: "Sugerwind Wilds AU".

If i start a character here, will I be able to play on NA/EU servers with that same character later?

Thank you in advance for your time!

1 person likes this

Characters are limited to the server they are created on. Future servers will require you to create a new character if you wish to play on them. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

most likely no, especially for this game, I highly doubt they'll offer that.

Either try the game with the current server and stick with it or just wait for official launch.

Edited by Leizas

I was wondering, when the game becomes aviable everywhere, global release, will we be able to continue on current carchacter level or do we have to restart from zero? Do we loose progress? Can someone from the company help me with this Answers

Existing characters will stay I'm fairly sure - people have paid for stuff, you can't wipe that.

They have stated there are no more wipes.

That's a pity because the timeline that the server is in currently is no good for me I can't do anything atm because of the server time and if I can't use the same character, when are they doing the official launch 

8 hours ago, Angrycarp said:

That's a pity because the timeline that the server is in currently is no good for me I can't do anything atm because of the server time and if I can't use the same character, when are they doing the official launch 

Unfortunately there hasn't being anything said besides 'summer' for the global launch. You can't really be upset at nettease though for server time - the game is currently only released to AU time specific regions any other players are currently having to go around some walls to play - which nettease doesn't promote.

Sadly you can either play on the server for now and start fresh or just wait.

On 21.4.2017 at 7:44 PM, Ocho said:

Characters are limited to the server they are created on. Future servers will require you to create a new character if you wish to play on them. Thanks!

just wondering:

will we be able to use the same character names on another server?

Character names are tied to server. Somebody with the name Bob on the Au server is just Bob on the Au server. The EU server doesn't have a Bob until somebody makes one. Each server starts as a clean slate.

Posted (edited)

Being unable to move my toon from one server to another is the reason that I refuse to spend money on a toon that I will probably not use anymore after NA server is up and I start all over.

I think a lot of people are thinking the same thing and I would hope NetEase would take that into consideration...maybe a 1 time transfer for free at official game launch. IMO

Edited by Khronk

On 5/17/2017 at 9:01 PM, Khronk said:

Being unable to move my toon from one server to another is the reason that I refuse to spend money on a toon that I will probably not use anymore after NA server is up and I start all over.

I think a lot of people are thinking the same thing and I would hope NetEase would take that into consideration...maybe a 1 time transfer for free at official game launch. IMO

I doubt that would ever happen, most of us are waiting for global release for the only reason that everyone will start from scratch, and actually have equal chances to be on top rank list.

Tsup.

On 04.05.2017 at 10:02 AM, Death said:

I was wondering, when the game becomes aviable everywhere, global release, will we be able to continue on current carchacter level or do we have to restart from zero? Do we loose progress? Can someone from the company help me with this Answers

On 14.05.2017 at 7:02 PM, Jesse said:

Unfortunately there hasn't being anything said besides 'summer' for the global launch. You can't really be upset at nettease though for server time - the game is currently only released to AU time specific regions any other players are currently having to go around some walls to play - which nettease doesn't promote.

Sadly you can either play on the server for now and start fresh or just wait.

On 14.05.2017 at 10:03 AM, Angrycarp said:

13th July for iOS and 20th for Android.

On 17.05.2017 at 10:01 PM, Khronk said:

No way. That would be unfair. Even, thinking it should make you feel like a douche. You want to start hundreds of hours before the others and want to play with them on the same server because that'd be the fair thing? Think again.  One way and another, your character will be available on the same server for you. Start over to play on the new servers or stick to your previous one.