Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoySkeet

Damage drop after upgrading to path 48?

7 posts in this topic

Hi , a guild member just upgraded his path to lvl 48 and his dps/s went down like 500+ , can anyone confirm this? Is it a bug? He's ranger scout

Did he activate his path? Figure he used a potential potion and forgot to reactivate.

I have similiar problem.  Went down with dps since i changed sets from manaflame to gorhana (3 items).  I lost dps from 6.5k to 5.5k. No idea how is it possible since in mean time i invested alot for gems with crit as also eq reforging.  I gained like 40 more dmg and 15% more crit (charr stats not mentioning gorhana)  and also im either scout.  Was path lvl 45 or 46 when that happend (about 5 days till now)   Im getting rly crazy cause im getting  better and better stats and im still doing 5.5k dps.  This is ridicolous. Unfortunatelly i sold my manaflame set after replacing to gorhana (thought i dont need it)  now im confused and angry.  If anyone knows the answer i would be glad. Now im trying to get back manaflame.  Perhaps gorhana set is bugged and makes that crappy dps.  I need to figure out. Someone help me with that pls. 

Best regards,

Tewk. 

Could be stats on the equipment. Did anything change? crit, dmg, main stat can all have a big affect on damage. Personally for me, I'm at 50% magic crit and my dps has gone up a ton over just adding INT to an armor.

10 hours ago, Tewk said:

I have similiar problem.  Went down with dps since i changed sets from manaflame to gorhana (3 items).  I lost dps from 6.5k to 5.5k. No idea how is it possible since in mean time i invested alot for gems with crit as also eq reforging.  I gained like 40 more dmg and 15% more crit (charr stats not mentioning gorhana)  and also im either scout.  Was path lvl 45 or 46 when that happend (about 5 days till now)   Im getting rly crazy cause im getting  better and better stats and im still doing 5.5k dps.  This is ridicolous. Unfortunatelly i sold my manaflame set after replacing to gorhana (thought i dont need it)  now im confused and angry.  If anyone knows the answer i would be glad. Now im trying to get back manaflame.  Perhaps gorhana set is bugged and makes that crappy dps.  I need to figure out. Someone help me with that pls. 

Best regards,

Tewk. 

Gorg isn't as big a DPS boost as you expect. It's 40% uptime and a bad RNG run in that 6 seconds is going to "lose" you some DPS.

Napkin math it: 40% of 10% crit is 4% overall crit. Manaflame has a ICD of 15ish seconds too. If the extra hit from your 4% crit boost doesn't outweigh manaflame procs (esp AoE fights), you will lose DPS surely.

Stats also come into play when switching gear.

Agility = dmg for rangers.

If you've lost some that could be it. Also make sure your rotation is right.

Razor, relentless,  rally cry then blessed arrow. 

Yeah yoube been right.  Manaflame did the job.  I got it back and now i have my dps alot better