CFunky

diamond adjustment

22 posts in this topic

dps classes need hit rating/spell accuracy and accuray/spell penetration to inflict good dmg on heroic team raid bosses
the green/blue diamonds can give hit rating while the dps diamonds can give accuracy/spell penetration
now if you look on sparkling diamonds you got the mountain of light and heart of sea
the heart of sea is actually a yellow diamond slot but it also gives hit rating, which is silly since we already have hit rating from the green/blue slots
i suggest the heart o sea sparkling diamond will have accuray/ spell penetration stats
so that we can keep your dps diamonds with crit attribute, and gain the accuracy/spell penetration from the heart of sea diamond.
we don't need more hit rating than the ones we get from blue/green slots, it makes the heart of sea a little pointless for dps class.
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Scouts need a piercing spec so another option would be rather than spell penetration add a piercing spec to other dps classes such as tanks and scouts and make the hearts of the sea have piercing. I've never played a ranger on an mmo that didn't have some sort of piercing stat so please consider adding this to the game.

Edited by XpForever

@XpForever

i believe we use accuracy as a penetration. Not 100% sure but seems to work that way

1 person likes this

@RedPanda Im not certain on this either but if this is the case I will definitely begin to stack more accuracy. Can you confirm that accuracy is in fact penetration Red Panda? If not I would really like to see a penetration spec for tanks and scouts so that we can potentially roll this onto our gems.

Accuracy and Penetration do different things. 

1 person likes this

how can rangers get penetration? 

1 person likes this

Thank you for clarifying this and I hope to see piercing as a spec for dps classes such as tank and scout in the future. Mages have spell penetration so it's only logical that scouts would have piercing like in every other mmo out there..

4 hours ago, RedPanda said:

Accuracy and Penetration do different things. 

My wife says the same thing Panda.

7 people like this

mmmm i disagree panda please double check. the hit rating on rangers make sure bosses dont dodge ur attack like spell accuracy does for mage. also same diamonds give those stats for both classes. 

now accuracy and spell penetration both apear on the dps gems. 

moreover if u look at stats page the accuracy apears last in physical stats and spell penetration last in magic stats. so im pretty sure they do the same. 

the names are jusr confusing. spell accurcy = hit rating. 

spell penetration = accuracy. 

8 hours ago, XpForever said:

Scouts need a piercing spec so another option would be rather than spell penetration add a piercing spec to other dps classes such as tanks and scouts and make the hearts of the sea have piercing. I've never played a ranger on an mmo that didn't have some sort of piercing stat so please consider adding this to the game.

idk why u keep picking sides.... scouts scouts scouts..... my post was ment for all dps classes. i asked for hit rating in heart of sea diamonds to be replaced by accuracy for phys attack and spell penetration for magic. 

Posted (edited)

Well its because mages already have a spell penetration spec and you are not the only dps class on the game, although the devs seem to think so. I was merely suggesting for the other dps classes that exist on the server (dps tanks and scouts) that they too will have the opportunity to have a similar spec to that of spell penetration. Accuracy and hit rating I can roll those stats all day on a diamond unlike a non existent piercing spec to counter your spell penetration..

Edited by XpForever

I'll see what I can do about getting a nice stats explanation sheet out for everyone. But all the stats do something unique.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, XpForever said:

Well its because mages already have a spell penetration spec and you are not the only dps class on the game, although the devs seem to think so. I was merely suggesting for the other dps classes that exist on the server (dps tanks and scouts) that they too will have the opportunity to have a similar spec to that of spell penetration. Accuracy and hit rating I can roll those stats all day on a diamond unlike a non existent piercing spec to counter your spell penetration..

accuracy and piercing are the same it was even called piercing on au for a while i think....  its just bad translation 

58 minutes ago, CFunky said:

accuracy and piercing are the same it was even called piercing on au for a while i think....  its just bad translation 

Accuracy and Piercing do different things. I think earlier I typed penetration, which isn't a stat in the game. Again, I'll try to have the stat explanations out soon.

Piercing is for physical, Spell Penetration is for Spells. But they are the same thing, whatever it is they do.

Hit Rating is for physical, Spell Accuracy is for Spells. Needs to be 100% to not miss attacks.

Accuracy is for physical, Spell Penetration (different Spell Penetration than above) is for Spells.

You can see all that in High-level stats. As you can see there are 2 unrelated stats that are both called "Spell Penetration". That should be fixed.

Posted (edited)

On 24/08/2017 at 6:00 PM, Foxur said:

how can rangers get penetration? 

@RedPanda

All physical dmg players want to know this as currently mystics can reduce the spell resist of warriors and archers but nothing can reduce the physical resist of mystics

Edited by Aireez

10 hours ago, RedPanda said:

Here you go.

thanks a lot panda thats very helpful but seems like spell penetration apears twice in that list with 2 different roles? does it do both? why not put it under on table cell? looks like spell penetration is doing what accuracy and piercing are doing for phys attack in only one attribute. 

so it would make sense to merge piercing and accuracy for phys attacks maybe. 

and to get back to the point. i think heart of sea should have piercing/spell penetration instead of hit/spell accuracy. 

because we dont have other reliable sources to get those attributes without giving up on a lot of crit.

im saying this for all dps classes not just mages. 

6 hours ago, CFunky said:

thanks a lot panda thats very helpful but seems like spell penetration apears twice in that list with 2 different roles? does it do both? why not put it under on table cell? looks like spell penetration is doing what accuracy and piercing are doing for phys attack in only one attribute. 

so it would make sense to merge piercing and accuracy for phys attacks maybe. 

and to get back to the point. i think heart of sea should have piercing/spell penetration instead of hit/spell accuracy. 

because we dont have other reliable sources to get those attributes without giving up on a lot of crit.

im saying this for all dps classes not just mages. 

Wow it does look like we have 2 spell penetrations in the game stat sheet as well, we'll see about fixing that so there's less confusion

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

Wow it does look like we have 2 spell penetrations in the game stat sheet as well, we'll see about fixing that so there's less confusion

ok great! and what about adding it to the sparkling diamond? 

Edited by CFunky

19 minutes ago, CFunky said:

ok great! and what about adding it to the sparkling diamond? 

That's a design/Dev thing that I can bring up.

1 person likes this