Mister Paasa

Gem Guide for Dps

14 posts in this topic

Want to have a high crit ?

This is my trick on how to do it. 

Gems! 

Some of the players often use other gems to polish diamonds. 

(5 epic gems + gem polisher = diamond)

but for me u only need to focus one gem to polish.

And that is dragoneye for phy dps

and moongems for mages.

Why? 

Heres the trick.

By polishing a diamond u get an additional stat depends on ur luck.

usually ranges from 0.1% to 2.5%

If ever u get an additional stat below 1.1% u can just dismantle it and get a shards where in u can exchange it for a 1.1% gem.

So what im doing is that i only polish a dragoneye gem or a moongem for mage.

If i get more than 1.1% in crit i keep it. if not i just dismantled it and exchange the shard for other gems like raystone jade or river ur choice.

Me? i exchanged it with raystone to get more hp for better survival rate in raids.

If u dont like my idea then dont bother doing it ^^.

For those who are new you can use my idea and hope this can guide you.

1 person likes this

which one do you polish? the blue lvl 20(400k) or blue lvl 40(1.6m)?

The guide is cool and all but you don't mention the most important thing - gem level.

Also how many shards you get for dismantling diamond of lvl 20, lvl 30, lvl 40?

@BullzEye got it, makes sense as that's how they are priced.

I'm going to go for lvl 20 for now. It will take a while anyway.

The important trick to remember IMHO is that you can only buy 8x blue and 80x green gems of same level each day. After polishing that is 3x purple gems. So if you are all decked out with L40 purple gems and then realize that you have to dismantle them to make lower level gems, it will take a while. Start planning early!

8 hours ago, Esrun said:

The guide is cool and all but you don't mention the most important thing - gem level.

Yeah sorry  bout that my bad.

If ur short on silver i would suggest buying a lvl20 gem since its much cheaper.

the only downside to it is that it differs on the add atak u can get, but u can just ignore diff.

when it comes to the add stats like crit% 

no matter what is the level 

they are the same. still around 0.1% to 2.5%

so its better to polish a lvl 20 gem

8 hours ago, Esrun said:

20 = 1

30 = 2 

40 = 4

And u can exchange them wd d same amount of shards in the npc

yep i agree, first thing any dps player in this game should do is mage 8 lvl 20 diamonds for the added crit value, lvl 20/30/40 diamonds all gives the same amount of added crit, i have few diamonds lvl 20 that give me 2-2.5% crit so making lvl 40 doesn't mean u will get more crit, only more matk.

after u got 8 lvl 20 diamonds with crit its time to move on to the next phase, imo u should first get epic hp and def gems as dps, and then start saving for sparkling diamonds, again lvl 20, sparkling lvl 20 diamonds cost 12 shards and give 1% dmg and 1.6% crit, lvl 30 cost 24 shards give 1.5% dmg and 1.6% crit and the lvl 40s cost stellar 64 shards and give 2% dmg and 1.6% crit.

so if ur looking at stats increase/shards the lvl 20 is defenetly the most profitable, now since the whole gem system is lossless, you can always dismantle a diamond or sparkling to get back the shards it cost to make it, starting with lvl 20 sparkling diamonds and slowly upgrading them to 30 and the to 40 when u can is the way to go.

12 hours ago, CFunky said:

since the whole gem system is lossless, you can always dismantle a diamond or sparkling to get back the shards it cost to make it, starting with lvl 20 sparkling diamonds and slowly upgrading them to 30 and the to 40 when u can is the way to go.

This is not really true. When you polish diamond you get a chance to roll a good stat. When you dismantle and rebuy you get average stat. That is the only downside if you start with lvl 20 and plan to go to lvl 40 eventually.

8 hours ago, Esrun said:

This is not really true. When you polish diamond you get a chance to roll a good stat. When you dismantle and rebuy you get average stat. That is the only downside if you start with lvl 20 and plan to go to lvl 40 eventually.

as i said u should start with a lvl 20 diamond and move to lvl 20 sparkling gems, then slowly upgrade to lvl 40 sparklings. no need to ever have lvl 40 diamonds which are so expensive to make.

Can you somehow evolve your lvl 20 sparkling into lvl 30 then 40?

I thought you had to convert your gems lvl 40 into epic then into diamond then into sparkling but never heard of it being possible to "level up" a gem?

And just to add ideas u might not know yet.

By polishing a diamond no mattet whats the level.

U'll  get a chance to get a sparkling diamond. If ur lucky ^^.

Its like forging a blue lvl 30bp to legend. 

Haha

What if you dismantle the exchanged diamond(the regular stats piece) from npc? Would you still get the shards back?