CFunky

RIP guild wars battlefield

18 posts in this topic

Guild Battle Adjustments
To let each guild's commander better command their Guild Battle, team size is no longer limited to 5-person teams.

mmmmmm @RedPanda, people has been complaning about 40 man squads and follow leader in BF since the AU softlunch and nothing has been done about it.

our only source of light was guild war battlefield limited to 5 man teams which actually made the fight about strategy and coordination and not about 40 man follow leader all over the man and passing leader to teleport to the other side instantly.

now netease just did the excat opposite of what everyone was asking for by ruining even the one little place where battlefield had meaning.

the battlefield is pathetic with team follow allowed why have 6 flags when eventually u just have 40 man fighting on top of each other in one spot with 2-3 more running around and passing lead....

im very very angry right now, i was hoping for battlefield to improve and it just died for me.

2 people like this

+1

dont get angry, get ppl to look at this and respond.

not sure why netease would change GvG back into a follow spam-fest, but then a lot of design changes today has been questionable...

2 people like this

+1

This is quite frustrating change as before it was a mind game of strategy and the team with the best strategy will win. 

I loved the way 5 teams GvG was, and it's very questionable why would netease do such drastic change.

Guild Vs Guild battles are meant to be hard and serious for the top guilds of the server, not just another 40v40 cluster on follow.

I suggest you either totally cancel the follow teleport feature in a GvG or you bring back the 5man teams.

it was just way more fun and coordinated.

40v40 battlefield was reduced to 25v25 because of the lag, mainly because of this cluster follow strategy which caused 80 people to be in one place which, of course, caused massive lag and freeze.

I don't understand why would they bring back something everybody disliked.

The change itself contradicts itself because it was tweaked few patches ago.

and now bring it back, to guild war...

Edited by Jacke0
1 person likes this

Agreed, it's taking skill and strategy out of the battlefield.

1 person likes this

Totally agree, maybe ask the community before doing these changes. Hope this will be fixed soon, otherwise gvg are screwed.

1 person likes this

I like it from a Guild Leader perspective of having everyone on one Squad. Otherwise planning 5 separate parties was a mess.

However, the instant teleport tactic in battlegrounds by changing the leader is borderline abusing of game mechanics in my view. Teleportation for PvP (including Light vs Shadow map) should not be allowed, period.

1 person likes this

Agreed, If you are going to keep it I think at least put a 5 second cast time on it like when flying to another spot on the map.

Whoever implemented this change has not thought ahead at all. 

This removes all off the fun from Guild BF as co-ordination is no longer required.

All people will do is pass lead and teleport everywhere. 

NetEase either disable the teleport function in BF or limit it to 5 man teams.

2 hours ago, Tomochan said:

I like it from a Guild Leader perspective of having everyone on one Squad. Otherwise planning 5 separate parties was a mess.

However, the instant teleport tactic in battlegrounds by changing the leader is borderline abusing of game mechanics in my view. Teleportation for PvP (including Light vs Shadow map) should not be allowed, period.

yep tomochan, essentially the problem is teleporting in pvp arenas/maps, but since they seems reluctant to solve that having 5 man squads was a good alternative.

i'd be happy with either solution, back to 5 man or cancel follow leader.

+1.

This takes all the strategy out of a battle now as we have seen in normal battlefield. Everyone scatters to occupy points and the whole squad gets insta transported at the first sight of enemies through leader switching.

Please rethink this change for GvG at least. 

Btw, u still can enter as team of 5 or individual. They just make additional squad option available not restricted to it. If everyone dislike the idea of squad. U still can form team of 5 as previous to enter. Just need the two competing guilds to have agreement on this

39 minutes ago, Momonga said:

Btw, u still can enter as team of 5 or individual. They just make additional squad option available not restricted to it. If everyone dislike the idea of squad. U still can form team of 5 as previous to enter. Just need the two competing guilds to have agreement on this

lol what good is running around in teams of 5 while ur enemy keeps pulling 40 ppl to smack u on any cannon?

if one team can go 40 man the other must aswell or they're doomed.

Simply disable the follow leader option on battlefields and make them last a bit longer to account for the time it will take to regroup etc...

or leave it as is and let's see what happens. After all, BOTH teams will have the possibility to follow leader so it's not unfair to anyone.

3 hours ago, Agoraphobia said:

Well seems it was disabled coz we couldn't do it in yesterday's guild war.

it seems like they tried anyway but it just looks like one big buggy mess... if u make guild battlefield squad the squad window becomes blank after a while, which dont let u pass lead but also wont let u kick or invite new players to the squad are move ppl between squads.... so its even more anoying..... 

and eventually we figured out a way around it and could still pass lead around during bf so.....