Gutz42

Whats better Crit , Speed, or Armor Penetration Gear?

6 posts in this topic

I have enough epic and mythic to build 3 full sets of Speed, Crit, and Armor Pen but I don't know what works the best.  I have been looking at other players via rankings and its all over the place and from what my guild says its so hard to get high level gear that they just kinda go with what they get and what's easiest.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

What heroes do you use? I personnally use 2 Speed and 1 crit stuff. Armor is not very useful in my opinion (maybe for duel) but speed is important in MH, heroes like Rai/Rasha/Rein that are good in most modes have good damages with speed. 1 crit set is also good to have a mix if you own the warrior helmet set, i prefer crit to armor p. because with synergy + set effects + runes + artifacts  you can have enough armor pen

I know it seems a bit overboard and above the recommended amount but I have 8 that are level 78-80 with 24-32 mastery.  4 Physical / 4 Magic

All gear used are lvl 70-75 w/ all epics having 4-5 stars and all mythics w/ 2 stars.  Have gems in all pieces w/ skill dmg in crit gear and armor pen in arm pen gear I  just unlocked purple ones yesterday so working on that. 

Physical = Ingvar, Yasha, Agony, Xah bbah, (Only limited toons I missed were Slim Jack and Rurik and pissed about that one just needed one more day to get him)

Magic / Hybrid = Kon-Kon, Rhag, Cedelyon, Lumenor.

My main team is usually Rhag (Tank/Regen & Spell Vamp), Agony (Crit Set), and I sub in and out Ingvar (Armor Pen Set) and Xahbb (Speed Set)

Working on building a better set for Rhag but cant seem to get much regen or tank gear like I want.

I took screen shows of everything but cant figure out how to post the pics on there to see so .  I know the main characters everyone uses mostly and what they use but there aren't a lot of players on my server with the ones I have or at least not that I can see and check out on the leaderboards to see what gear they are using.

Ingvar                                               Yasha                                         Agony                                Kon-Kon                          Cedelyon                        Xah’bbah

Stormforce x2                                 Executioner Axe x2                 Crow's Beak                      Avenging Angel x2        Misericorde x2              Wraith Spike

Meteor Headgear                           Regal Crown                            Adamantine Rod              Wraith King Helm         Reeper’s Rictus              Infinity Edge

Olympian Cuirass                            Savage Plate                            Champions Crown           Seeker's Mantle            Mythical Cape                Regal Crown 

Bladebite Bracer                             Gladiator Brace                       Bloodaxe Plate                 Arcane Charm                Arcane Charm                Myridon Cuirass

Fine Shoes                                        Fine Shoes                               Tiamat's Favor                  Gothic Boots                     Mountain Sabaton        Gladiator's Bracer

Sword of Minus (E)                         Lunar Chakram                       Fine Shoes                         Fine Shoes                       Belarind Veil                  Fine Shoes

Umbra Disk (E)                  Inferno Scepter                                                       Tears of Wind 

Additional Equipment Not Equipped

Sanctum Blade

Viperstrike Cord x2

Flaying Knife

Halberd x2

Battle Axe

I think it's useless to craft a tank set, mostly because the weapons/access aren't out yet but also because tanks are only used in duel. Upgrade your warriors first, you'll use them in every mode.

I didn't find out either where to use Yasha, with a full crit set she has good damage but nothing more (she was just mastery 2, i didn't upgrade her more). 8 is a lot but i understand you, it can be boring to play with the same heroes all the time but you can just switch stuff, 5/6 set is enough because you only have to keep 3 sets on the heroes all the time (in duel)(I don't know if i'm clear when i write that).

I my opinion: Invgar= atk speed / Yasha=crit / Agony=crit or atk pspeed / kon²=crit / cedelyon=i'd say crit too but not sure / Xah=atk speed but crit is good too (you can mix). Except for Xah, try to use the same effect on all equipments, effect that use the synergy at the best.  As i said, in duel you can have enough armor pen with corrosion/set effect/lunar chakram

Posted (edited)

@Gutz42 it depends in wich heroes and his skills

Look at your characters sinergy bonus cuz is a little spoiler on how you have to build your hero.

Critical is for tai, agony, anya, cerberus, kon kon

Speed and basic attack is for reinhardt, vanessa, selene, rasha

armor/spell penetration is good for yasha, ingvar, viscern, charon, reinhardt, selene

Speed is basically for any one who had strongs basic attacks and weak damage skills.

Penetration is almost only to kill hard die tanks like rhagavar plus you get less reflecting damege.

Edited by joaako

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Suze said:

What heroes do you use? I personnally use 2 Speed and 1 crit stuff. Armor is not very useful in my opinion (maybe for duel) but speed is important in MH, heroes like Rai/Rasha/Rein that are good in most modes have good damages with speed. 1 crit set is also good to have a mix if you own the warrior helmet set, i prefer crit to armor p. because with synergy + set effects + runes + artifacts  you can have enough armor pen