Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ocho

Creating Fan Videos is Fun and Easy

5 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

We’ve seen a ton of Crusaders of Light videos out there, had the opportunity to jump into a few player Livestreams, and have had an absolute blast seeing what you all are doing in Crusaders of Light! A couple people have written in asking questions on how to get started making their own videos and livestreams, so we thought we’d write up a few tips and tricks to help you out.

Capturing Video
There are many options for how to capture video, depending on what devices and resources you have available. The simplest means of capturing video from a phone or tablet is to use screen mirroring and capture that footage on a computer. There are tons of apps and services that can help with this. There are too many to go through as each one is better or worse depending on the resources at your disposal, so do a few google searches and you’re sure to find a solution that works for you.

If you’ve installed Crusaders of Light from Facebook Gameroom on a PC it gets even easier; Simply capture footage on your PC as you play! This is by far the least technically demanding and simplest way to get your game footage recorded, so try it out!

Editing Video
Now that you’ve got some game footage, you’re ready to assemble it into a video. While you can just put out a recording of you playing, the best idea is to edit out the less exciting bits. No one wants to watch you form a group for the dungeon, or run there, they want to see you beat it! Similarly, game footage without a voice over is ok, but much better is for you to add text or voice over the top of the video explaining what you are trying to show. A little bit of polish in this area makes a much better video Streams work better with you talking and appearing on the video as well, just like videos.

There are lots of options for video editing software that makes this easy, again a google search is your best friend. Or ask your favorite Youtuber or Streamer what they use!

Releasing your Video
Now that you’ve got some game footage properly edited, and with a little bit of polish added, it’s time to put your video up on the web. Similarly if you’ve got your stream all set up and you’re ready to go, it’s time to start. What next? Well videos and streams are great, but if no one knows you’re doing it it’s going to be a lot less fun than if lots of people are commenting and giving you feedback. Make sure to share on social networks (including the Official Forums and Reddit), and feel free to tag us too. We love watching a good video or stream as much as you do!

Hope that helps, and we can’t wait to see what you do! 

We'd love it if you video creators out there would share your own tips, tricks, and recommendations in this thread!

Posted (edited)

I plan to do video guides, tutorials and tips soon. I have a 45 Sheppard,  43 Verity, 43 Gladiator and 40 tamer now. I have been compiling footage and information in order to put out woke hopefully well informed and helpful videos soon. I won't link my channel just yet so until I have some relevant videos for this game, but if anyone is curious about my style of videos or guides, you can just YouTube search my forums user name. 

I have made many guides and tutorials for other Mobile mmos (which I won't name out of respect for this game)  but can say that this game is far superior to then and I am much more excited to be making them for CoL soon. 

It is good to see mods in here encouraging players to share information. 

Edited by SpellCzech
1 person likes this

Nice, let us know when they are up!

Android screen recorder: “Unlimited screen recorder“

Ios screen recorder: “Airshou“ or if youre on ios 11 use the built in one

Editing:

„Kinemaster“ both on ios and android