RedPanda

Crusaders of Light "Fastest Dungeon Raid Competition" FAQ

32 posts in this topic

Crusaders of Light "Fastest Dungeon Raid Competition"

FAQ

What is Fort Desolation?
Fort Desolation is a 40 person (maximum) raid which you must have a level 45 character or higher in order to participate. It is “fire and damnation” themed and contains two major bosses and a plethora of minions you must defeat in order to successfully complete.

To participate in the Fastest Dungeon Raid Competition, Fort Desolation must be played in Heroic Mode.

Where do I find Fort Desolation / How do I enter it?
To access Fort Desolation (after reaching level 45), open the “Advent” (Adventure) tab at the top right of your screen. From there, tab over to “Team Raids” at the bottom of the window. Fort Desolation is the first option in the list of raids. Make sure you select “Heroic” mode by tapping on the red icon above the raid description.

What is the difference between “normal” and “heroic” raid modes?
Basically, the difference is in the level of difficulty. In Heroic Mode you should expect all enemies - and especially bosses - to be much harder to defeat. They will hit you harder, use their abilities more frequently and perhaps even exhibit new ones.

Who is eligible to participate? 
There is no purchase necessary to participate in this Competition. 

In order to take part in Crusader of Light’s Fastest Dungeon Raid Competition, you must be at least 18 years of age.

The competition is open to legal residents of the fifty states of the United States (including the District of Columbia), Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Kingdom and Vietnam.

Please see Official Competition Rules for additional information.

If I am a legal resident of a country that is listed as "eligible" (I have citizenship there) but am currently living and playing Crusaders of Light in a country that is NOT eligible, am I still able to win the prize
Yes, as long as you are a legal resident of an eligible participating country and can prove that fact, you are eligible to win the competition and receive your portion of the prize money.

Why is my country not included?
We wish ALL countries could participate in this competition, but unfortunately each country has its own specific requirements, restrictions and conditions that must be followed in order to offer participation to their residents. Because of this, there are some countries where we simply cannot offer the Fastest Dungeon Raid Competition. If your country isn’t eligible, please know that we tried our best to include you!

How do I register?
Only Team Leaders are required to register and there must be at least one (1) registered Team Leader on each 40 person team.  

Register here and pick a team name and logo!

You must register as a Team Leader on or before August 31, 2017, at 11:59 PM PST.

What does the Team Leader do?
In addition to registering him/herself for the competition at http://competition.crusadersoflight.com/, a Team Leader commonly is responsible for communicating, coordinating, and ensuring that their team is of a sufficient level to carry out quests and defeat challenging bosses. This individual has a leadership role and will utilize their capabilities to foster growth within their team. 

How do I know if I have a Team Leader on my team?
Chances are you will organize your team ahead of time with old or new friends. You should find out, or decide at that time, who is going to be Team Leader and what your Team Name will be, etc.

However, if you are not part of an organized team and get recruited while in-game to play Fort Desolation as part of this Competition by someone you aren’t familiar with -- you should confirm with them before playing that they are registered as a Team Leader...or that at least someone on the team is. For confirmation purposes, you can ask them for their Team Name and search for it at http://competition.crusadersoflight.com/.  

You can always register yourself as a Team Leader just to be safe. That way, you know for certain any group you raid Fort Desolation in Heroic Mode with is covered!

When does this Competition take place?
The Fastest Dungeon Raid Competition begins on July 13th, 2017 at 12:00am PST (or when the game becomes available on your respective device) and ends on September 10th, 2017 at 11:59pm PST. 

Can I compete on any server?
You can compete on any available server EXCEPT Surgewind Wilds (our soft launch server). Accounts and characters on the Surgewind Wilds server are not eligible to participate in the Competition.  

When does the timer actually start and stop during the raid?
From the moment damage is inflicted on an enemy, to the moment the final enemy is defeated and the enemy’s HP bar reaches zero represents how the duration is tracked. Additionally, a notice will appear informing the team that the dungeon has been conquered.

How do I win?
At the end of the Competition Period (September 10th, 2017 at 11:59pm PST), the registered team consisting of 40 members who completes Fort Desolation in Heroic Mode in the least amount of time (the fastest), will be deemed the potential winner of the Competition. Each eligible member of the team is a “potential winner” until officially verified by our administrator, Marden-Kane, Inc. 

Is there a limit to the number of times my team can defeat the Fort Desolation Dungeon in Heroic mode during the Competition Period?
Nope! In fact, we suggest you run the dungeon as many times as possible in order to attempt to achieve the fastest time.

How will you contact me if I win?
You will be contacted in-game if you win, and additional contact information will be gathered from you at that time for subsequent communications.

Sponsor’s representative, Marden-Kane, Inc., will attempt to notify the Team Leader and each of the 39 Team Members (“potential winners”) via the email address provided to the Sponsor at the time of registration. 

Is there any place where I can see the current standings for the competition?
Yes! Current standings for the competition can be viewed on http://competition.crusadersoflight.com/ during the competition period. 

Am I still eligible if I'm playing on Facebook Gameroom?
Yes - the game is coming soon to Facebook Gameroom (PC version) and yes, you are still eligible. As long as you meet all eligibility requirements, you can participate via iOS, Android and Facebook Gameroom.

Is the winning prize amount for this really $400,000 USD?
Yes, that is the total prize amount that will be awarded if all 40 team members on the winning team are eligible and verified. Each verified winner will receive  $10,000 USD (before taxes).

Are winners responsible for paying taxes on the $10,000 USD prize?
Yes. Winners are responsible for all taxes associated with the prize money. 

Please see Official Competition Rules for additional information.

What if after we win, we find out that one of our team members is ineligible? Is the whole team disqualified?
If after your team is determined the winner, you discover that someone is ineligible, that person/s will be disqualified and he/she will not receive their $10,000 USD portion of the prize money. Everyone else who is verified as eligible will be considered a winner. The disqualified team member’s portion of the prize money will NOT be re-distributed among the remaining winners (maximum prize amount for each individual winner will not exceed $10,000 USD).

Can I be a part of more than one team?
Yes. You can only register to be a Team Leader ONCE. However, you can accept invitations to play on as many other 40 person teams as you would like to. If that team ends up completing the Fort of Desolation Dungeon with the fastest time - you are a potential winner!

If I want to report a problem during the competition, who do I contact?
If you want to report a problem, please send an email to communityrelations@netease-na.com . This email address goes to NetEase’s Community Relations Team and they will be the ones to relay your problem or issue to the appropriate individuals.

We cleared the raid with less than 40 people. Don’t we still win?
Unfortunately not. It is possible for Fort Desolation to be defeated by a team with less than 40 players...but for the purpose of this Competition, it must be defeated by a full group of 40 eligible players, one of whom is a registered Team Leader. 

Wait - 40 people have to complete Fort Desolation? Do they have to be the same 40 people who started it? Can people sub in for others?
Substitutes are not allowed. We will be checking to make sure the same 40 people who started the raid are the same ones who finish it.

What if I get disconnected while raiding Fort Desolation?
If you get disconnected, jump back into the raid as quickly as possible. To win, all 40 people who started in the raid, must end in it.

Also, it is important to note that NetEase is not responsible for any technical errors associated with the competition -- like lost or interrupted Internet service, wireless service, etc. Please see #10 in our Official Competition Rules for more information.

My Team Leader kicked me off the team without telling me, what do I do?
Sorry, but we can’t get involved in the dynamics between team members. We suggest you work it out with the Team Leader or find another team where you don’t need to worry about these kinds of things happening.

What if I participated in every previous raid completion but then I miss the one that is the fastest and my team wins with that time?
Sorry, but the 40 individuals who were involved in the fastest raid are the only ones who will be deemed potential winners. We will be able to identify those individuals through in-game data.

Why do I have to register for the competition?
In order to be able to track and promote the competing teams in the Fastest Dungeon Raid Competition, we need at least one member of each team to have registered as a Team Leader and given their team a name and associated logo.

You don’t have to register-- you can just be a participant (in as many teams as you like), but we’re encouraging as many people as possible to do so.

What happens if a time that appears on the leaderboard seems suspicious?
We will be monitoring leaderboard activity closely. We also have a very good idea of how long it will take to complete Fort Desolation in Heroic Mode. If a leaderboard time looks suspicious, we will carefully investigate the situation to ensure no cheating has taken place.

What happens if one of our team members is determined to have hacked/botted/cheated during our raid? Are we all disqualified?
If you are the team with the fastest time and it is determined that cheating was involved in any way by any member... yes, the whole team will be disqualified.

One of our team members left our team and gave our strategies to another team.  What happens?
This is unfortunate but there is nothing we can do in this situation unless cheating is involved. There will be several circumstances under which teams will be using the same or similar strategies. It is how well those strategies are utilized that will ultimately decide the winner of this competition. May the fastest team win!

Have a question that wasn’t covered by this FAQ? Post it in the thread below and we might incorporate it here!

10 hours ago, HellPad said:

Hi guys,

why Italian people are not eligible???

We wish ALL countries could participate in this competition, but unfortunately each country has its own specific requirements, restrictions and conditions that must be followed in order to offer participation to their residents. Because of this, there are some countries where we simply cannot offer the Fastest Dungeon Raid Competition. If your country isn’t eligible, please know that we tried our best to include you!

Hi I'd love to run this dungeon with my kid. Is it acceptable if my child runs the dungeon for the reward with my permission?

9 hours ago, C____ said:

Hi I'd love to run this dungeon with my kid. Is it acceptable if my child runs the dungeon for the reward with my permission?

You must be 18 years of age to be eligible to win. He can still participate but his share of the reward will be forfeit.

If i am team leader and my country (Moldova) it's not from the list other team players will get the reward if we will do fort heroic first ?

2 hours ago, Jost said:

If i am team leader and my country (Moldova) it's not from the list other team players will get the reward if we will do fort heroic first ?

You (and anyone else on the team who doesn't meet eligibility requirements) will not be eligible to win any prize money. Please refer to the official rules for details.

@RedPanda

Just watched the facebook video of you introducing the $400,000 challenge.  Good job and nice to put a name with a face

On 19.07.2017 at 7:49 PM, RedPanda said:

You (and anyone else on the team who doesn't meet eligibility requirements) will not be eligible to win any prize money. Please refer to the official rules for details.

The question was not about me but about other people from party who meets requirements, they will get the prize in case of first kill?( even if I don't meet requirements as a party leader) 

I have a question about eligibility to participate

My country of residence and citizenship is eligible to participate (philippines) but im now base in Singapore and im playing here in this game. Am i still eligible to win the price?

please clairify

15 hours ago, Khronk said:

@RedPanda

Just watched the facebook video of you introducing the $400,000 challenge.  Good job and nice to put a name with a face

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Cotz said:

I have a question about eligibility to participate

My country of residence and citizenship is eligible to participate (philippines) but im now base in Singapore and im playing here in this game. Am i still eligible to win the price?

please clairify

Yes you are. Thanks for the question. We are going to add it to the FAQ.

-EMpulse

Hi,

how about for not eligible winners to:

1) put that money in a netease account to use in future netease games

2) give a proportional in game package gift of 10k$

in this way everyone can really compete for something!!!

thank you 

1 person likes this

Someone registered my nick in the competition without being able to take it, I need to register my team with my email,

Hi guys!

How does this work when you have Servers that are twice as old as the newer ones? How does that work? Our strongest players are weaker than some servers weakest players.

4 hours ago, HiddenAgenda said:

Hi guys!

How does this work when you have Servers that are twice as old as the newer ones? How does that work? Our strongest players are weaker than some servers weakest players.

Surgewind Wilds is excluded from the competition, if that's what you're asking.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, RedPanda said:

Surgewind Wilds is excluded from the competition, if that's what you're asking.

No, I mean this.

Servers released on July 7, July 13th, July 20th and any others released since then. How is this fair for all? It's pretty plain who has the upper hand, obviously the first round servers are going to win it as it's a very straight forward dungeon to run, as long as you have your tank and DPS doing what they should and heals all round, there's no reason why a team with a weeks advantage would lose to a team much younger. Sort of a very excluded and favouritized event. 

Edited by HiddenAgenda

13 hours ago, HiddenAgenda said:

No, I mean this.

Servers released on July 7, July 13th, July 20th and any others released since then. How is this fair for all? It's pretty plain who has the upper hand, obviously the first round servers are going to win it as it's a very straight forward dungeon to run, as long as you have your tank and DPS doing what they should and heals all round, there's no reason why a team with a weeks advantage would lose to a team much younger. Sort of a very excluded and favouritized event. 

The competition is fair because it is the fastest time and not the first clear, so even though some teams may clear before other teams, they may not clear as fast as the other teams. Teams can run the dungeon as many times as they can to get the best time. 

20 hours ago, RedPanda said:

The competition is fair because it is the fastest time and not the first clear, so even though some teams may clear before other teams, they may not clear as fast as the other teams. Teams can run the dungeon as many times as they can to get the best time. 

Ok so you have dad, he was born in 1975, then you have the son who was born in 2005. The dad is a primed, bulky, fit athletic fight and the 13 year old is whimsicle growing, constantly learning and striving to get to where dad is at. They have a competition. Who has the upper hand? Dad, he's bigger and older. I don't think you grasp what I am saying. Fact is, the ldest servers will be stronger people, able to kill faster and therefore clear the dungeon much quicker than a server with people less  equipped and such.

We are seeing some teams from the July 20th servers compete with the one from July 13th ones. Though no one has made a qualified run yet, there are teams across these servers able to at least clear the raid. 

2 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

We are seeing some teams from the July 20th servers compete with the one from July 13th ones. Though no one has made a qualified run yet, there are teams across these servers able to at least clear the raid. 

900% EXP BÔNUS FOR LEVEL 40-?

REALLY?

You can compete on any available server EXCEPT Surgewind Wilds (our soft launch server). Accounts and characters on the Surgewind Wilds server are not eligible to participate in the Competition. 

Does this mean anyone that ever played on surgwind is not eligable since they have an account there?  So if I moved to another server from Surgewind I am not eligible?

1 hour ago, Knaught said:

Does this mean anyone that ever played on surgwind is not eligable since they have an account there?  So if I moved to another server from Surgewind I am not eligible?

You are free to start a new character on any of the eligible servers to compete as long as you yourself (as a player) meet the eligibility requirements.

26 minutes ago, Knaught said:

Can one person be registered on multiple teams?

Can I be a part of more than one team?
Yes. You can only register to be a Team Leader ONCE. However, you can accept invitations to play on as many other 40 person teams as you would like to. If that team ends up completing the Fort of Desolation Dungeon with the fastest time - you are a potential winner!