CFunky

lets talk about mystic magellana dps

34 posts in this topic

(this is a copy from the facebook group topic i made, just want to see if some members here aren't in the facebook community, ur all welcome btw: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CrusadersMMO/permalink/1707332559568672/)
i tried some spells combinations on the new practice dummies, first i have two reservations, both sigil and p.blast hit aoe so maybe they hit the dummies around increasing the dmg vs non aoe spells, i tried to stand behind a dummy in the corner so my p.blast wont hit other dummies it seems like it didn't.

so the tw combinations which gave me best dps are:
1. p.blast, galaxy, d.fall, fow
2. galaxy, d.blast, d.fall, fow

first combination has 3 advantges:
it has aoe heal which helps teams in raids, and all the spells hit from max range which is importent for some bosses like ashroot and liador.
dmg scales well with path lvl, both p.blast and galaxy getting dmg buffs from path skills.

disadange is p.blast being slow cast spell and u can't move while casting it so it can be dengerous if not use carfully in raids.

all in all this combination has steady dmg flow and good support for team.

second combination has 2 advantages:
all spells are insta cast and u can keep running full spell while casting them, if you get lucky and proc of distress from d.blast you can get insane bursts of dmg.

the disadvantage is p.blast range is small so you gotta stand closer to boss, also u depend on your rune upgrades for distress and the proc which doesn't get much better than 15-20% if u have crazy high rune upgrades.
also the dmg in this tree doesn't scale too good with path lvl as only galaxy dmg is buffed with path lvl.

so you preference as you can see is using the first combo, i it also saves you the resources upgrading distress rune since you won't use d.blast too much.

what are your opinions mages out there? is there something im missing? doing wrong? let me know!
Edited by CFunky

I rolled a Mystic after the patch to check out the DPS increase, to see if it was boosted enough to roll for mainly DPS at global launch, and after testing for a bit I came to the same conclusion.  At lvl39, with the second rotation, I can pull 1.8 - 2.1 on boss fights. With the p.blast switched in for d. blast it goes up to 2.2 - 2.4, and as you said there is also the bonus healing your party will receive.

I was surprised at the damage boost p.blast gave to the rotation. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has found something better.

well if ur at lvl 39 ur kind of irrelevant... u need rune inscriptiom around lvl 30 for distress for the d. blast to be worth it. also your path bonus dmg to p. blast is very low probebly. 

I'm doing about 3.5-4k do in raids right now without the AOE heal. I'll try that and see what it does to my dps. In PvP I won't take off dread blast as it helps me absolutely melt people plus it's a small CC spell.

What about suppression and light sigil? Where to use in rotation? Thank you

46 minutes ago, Varking said:

I'm doing about 3.5-4k do in raids right now without the AOE heal. I'll try that and see what it does to my dps. In PvP I won't take off dread blast as it helps me absolutely melt people plus it's a small CC spell.

yh in pvp the cc from d. blast is a must. was talking pbe wise. untill we get proper pvp with ladder ranking and seasons spanning months ill focus pve. 

28 minutes ago, HellPad said:

What about suppression and light sigil? Where to use in rotation? Thank you

obviously i was only talking about the spells u can pick. i would use sigil supression fow and then the other 2 spells. 

You must be doing something wrong - we have mystics pulling 6.5-7k dps in raids and they basically kill anything in PVP in a single stun lock. 

The spec got way over buffed and needs a nerf as it has too much control and burst. 

3 people like this

@hack1ge So is it a gear thing? Skill rotation? Would love to know what they are doing. I've only been dps for about a week and I have decent gear. I'm 32-34 on the Mystic rankings and only two of my pieces are from a healing set. I can start at around 6-8k do during the first rotation of skills but I fall in and stay around 4k after that. 

it depends highly on gear ive seen 25k gs mystics getting 5k/s and at 28-29k gs some doing already 6-7k

the extra crit and rougly 100 m. atk increase the dmg by 30-40%

and btw @hack1ge it really depends where. in everlush lb with plant buff and tamer i also manage 7k/s but on bosses without any dmg buff i do 5k with tamer, im 25k gs 800 m. atk

So mages with 800 matk and 25k gs are pulling off 7k dmg with tamer buff not to mention they have ability to heal? Wtf that doesnt sound balanced at all imo considering I'm a ranger 30+ gs, 1k+ patk, 27.5 pcrit, lvl 53 path and that's pretty much what I hit. I'm hearing of mages with low paths that can out dps scouts that have invested much more time in the game with higher paths and rune upgrades. Scouts are low utility glass canons with zero ability to self heal and with this unbalanced buff to mystic class in mind I wouldn't invest anything to build a ranger now. Most likely going mage  when global hits. Entirely too op..

I also failed to mention the lack of shepards on the server now that the majority of pure sheps have of course changed to mage with that cursed stone. The majority of raids now consist of maybe 2 rangers (because they have been rendered useless imo), 1 tank, 1 or 2 pure sheps if you are lucky enough to find one, and the rest of the team is comprised of all mages. Granted its nice to have mages that now have the capability to assist in taking the bosses down, but tbh they either need a slight nerf or Rangers should get a buff to maintain balance on the server. 

lol xp, only with ashroot plants buff. on normal bosses i berely scratch the 5k/s. imo scout and magellana has equal dps at equal gear now

Completely have to disagree with you. I was in Gc heroic just now with a mage hitting 7.7k. Like I said they are entirely too op now and rendering other classes useless. Now when I queu for raids I see for the most part maybe 2 scouts a tamer 1 tank and the rest mages who are self sufficient with their healing capabilities and ability to hit like a truck. It's an exercise in futility tbh for other dps classes to invest time and energy into upgrading path, gear, gems, and rune upgrades when a mage ten steps below in path can out dps you with no special gear, gems, etc just an op buff to ride on. Wtf

Edited by XpForever

I need to know what spell rotation they are using. I'm 30k GS, 820 m attack. I can't keep 8k going for a full fight.

xp ur overreacting. ive seen scouts pulling 7k/s also but its not all of them by no means. 

ive run 3 first bosses of skyblaze with some of thr best dps mages the averege dps dont go past 5k/s only really OP mages get 6-7k/s on normal bosses without dps buffs or adds. 

magws hit extra dps in goblint camp lb thanks to adds. if thr tank stack all adds and mage use 2 aoe spells he can get that dps but its not single target dps. 

I don't feel that I'm overreacting at all and these are legitimate concerns that others have as well. Please don't try to downplay how op they are after last update and if it wasn't a big deal and I'm overreacting then please answer this where are all the shepards at? Why did the majority of sheps on the server change to mage? Is it because they are well aware of mage strength and dominance on the server leaving other classes as an after thought with little to no purpose. Why do you need a tamer now just bring in a mage and why would you need a scout that's a glass canon when you can have equal or greater dps to that of a scout with self healing abilities so they can endure tougher raids. When a mage is hitting 7.7k in gc raid with no special gear and low path it's undeniable that the buff they were given is entirely overpowered. 

Also gc hero is just one example in sky 4th boss one mage had around 7k as well so no excuses that it was the ads in gc or it's only buff in everlush bs. Trying to downplay it and sorry they need to be nerfed for balance on game.

How about you retards invest in magical defense instead of crying tears of salt here in the forums. Smfh.

How about you actually take the time to read my posts are you fkn illiterate? Did I mention  anything about mages vs scout pvp? Wtf does magic defense have to do with my posts so your argument to me is irrelevant. 

On 7/9/2017 at 3:15 PM, hack1ge said:

You must be doing something wrong - we have mystics pulling 6.5-7k dps in raids and they basically kill anything in PVP in a single stun lock. 

The spec got way over buffed and needs a nerf as it has too much control and burst. 

Quoting this for your brain.

Yes but you haven't countered any of the other arguments. Just being hypothetical even if an opposing class was stacked with mdef the fact remains that they still hit like a truck and melt the faces off anything in their line of sight. 

I didn't post to counter the argument. I posted because of all the QQ-ing here. Hell you retards never heard magellanas complain prepatch about scout dps and the minute you get outdpsed by someone who's actually far better at skill rotation you post immediately. Gdi sons

Yes when you posted you were countering the argument that mages are now entirely too op and we can control that by increasing our mdef. But what about the other arguments? That being said, skill rotation has absolute sht to do with the points I was trying to convey that mystics with considerably lower paths and low gs are outshining scouts who have invested far more time and effort into this game. I would have to disagree with you about mages not complaining about scouts because I've heard whining and crying about scouts countless times. 

Edited by XpForever