Ocho

Oya and Fury Road

12 posts in this topic

EDIT: We're making a change to the Fury Road Event.

Thanks to your help, we were able to discover that the Fury Road Event was not rewarding as much as we'd intended. As a result we'll be increasing the rewards for Draw 10s from the Tavern from 100 Fireballs to 1000. These Fireballs can be used to participate in Siren's Wrath, or purchase exciting rewards from the Fury Road Store!

If you have already done any Draws from the Tavern since the start of the event, don't worry! We'll be granting you all the additional Fireballs you would have received if you'd waited. Expect an in-game mail by July 8 with all the Fireballs you deserve.

Hey folks,

There's been a bit of confusion about the new Fury Road event, and acquiring the Hero Oya, and we just wanted to put up a brief post to clarify.

Overall our goals were to make Oya more obtainable, and to accomplish this we adjusted what activities reward Soulstones to make progress more definite and give players more options on how to acquire Oya:

• Completing the quests in the event, rewards an increased portion of the necessary soulstones.
  • Daily quests also reward soulstones, over the course of the week these add up.
  • Oya is a potential reward in the Tavern, allowing lucky players to get Oya outright.
  • Recharge bonuses are much higher than previous; for those who want a sure method to acquire Oya this will require less much less recharging than previous 4* Heroes.
  • Draw 10 bonus soulstones have been somewhat reduced, to compensate for the above increases

So overall you're making more progress towards Oya without having to spend diamonds, and can get lucky and get her through Draw 10s. If you want to recharge to get her it'll take a fraction of what it did previously. 

Now if you don't get lucky, don't want to recharge, and still want to definitely acquire Oya, we've got an answer for that too. As part of our initiative to make 4* Heroes more available, we'll be rerunning 4* Hero events every so often, so you can acquire the remaining soulstones and get the 4* Heroes you didn't have a chance to get previously. It'll take a bit longer, but it makes every Hero much more available. 

Feedback on these changes is definitely appreciated, as making these Heroes more accessible is an ongoing goal and further changes are certainly possible.

Thanks,
Ocho 

First before I write this I want to make it clear I have been playing this game for about a year or so now, and I am not a f2p player in fact I am only about 900 crystals from being the top honor rank 24.  I have done countless draw 10's from the tavern yet I haven't gotten a single 4* character.  No Bane or Rasha or anything.  So therefore I am not just some raging free to play player getting pissed about not being able to get something.

This event is just a money grubbing scheme and an insult to the EA community.  If you complete ALL the event quest you WILL NOT be able to get Oya only adding up to 100 measly soulstone's for it all and you have to spend about 95.00 in real cash just to get to that point.  If your a f2p player HA basically netease said screw you and have a nice day cause not only can you not get her in this event you probably wont get her in the next 20 events unless your willing to pay for her, they and could care less cause you can only get 20-25 soulstone's for completing all the event quest that do not require you to drop a lot of cash.  And 800 flames for only 20... yes 20 soulstones is just ridiculous.  Especially when you only get 2 per free activity.  90% everything about this event requires you to drop cash into it in order to aquire her.  Why in the hell didn't yall just say hey here is a new toon pay $400.00 bucks to buy her out right. 

So options include

- Spend a bunch of money to get the recharge event quest done and not even be half way there to completing it.

- Spend a bunch of money buying crystals so netease can fool you into buying bunches of draw 10's which you prob still wont get her.

I mean really what a slap in the face to the players of this game especially the long time players who have spent a lot of money on the game already.   Netease did the same thing with the OP Rurik which is why he just stomps everyone because ppl paid hundreds of dollars to get him.  Say it with me now "PAY TO WIN".  

It just seems sad and pathetic that netease pulls this stupid crap on its player community being beyond greedy.  Especially since it seems the game is dying especially here in the NA region and they are just trying to get their grimey paws on as much money as they can before the game dies altogether.  Netease should be ashamed of themselves.

I analyzed your calculations and posted it in the google document below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LAkwbOtrTvXKe80DFkDB8-bnwkae8pCB6nvtC5_5cKk/edit#gid=2131954346

Options to obtain her:

Option 1:

Free to play it will take 7+ events for a free to play player to get her if they do not draw her out of the tavern.

Option 2:

It will require 5100 diamonds purchased on two events roughly $160 bucks + all tasks.

Option 3:

It will require 5100 diamonds purchased + all tasks and 93.6k diamonds to summon her this event.  Who in their right mind would spend $1,337 to guarantee to get her in one event?

Option 4:

Doing no tasks and diamonds only 1800x8x13.5 = 437k+ diamonds for her which is $6,300+ .... seriously?

Summary:

Why not increase the number of soul stones in the event and make it only 3 events for a free player to get her?  We currently have one hero event every month with the current design it will take at least 7 events.  Thats 7 months which seems absurd.  Perhaps increase the duration of the event instead of a week do two weeks?

Why not make her free for 7000 diamonds for $99?  Why require two events?

I don't even see why there would be an option #3 or #4.

Hey folks,

Thank you for the detailed analysis provided above. It has been very helpful. It appears as though the event is not rewarding correctly, and we're looking into why that is the case and possible solutions both in the current event and for moving forward. We'll share more news as it becomes available.

Thanks,

Ocho

Edited the post above with the following:

We're making a change to the Fury Road Event.

Thanks to your help, we were able to discover that the Fury Road Event was not rewarding as much as we'd intended. As a result we'll be increasing the rewards for Draw 10s from the Tavern from 100 Fireballs to 1000. These Fireballs can be used to participate in Siren's Wrath, or purchase exciting rewards from the Fury Road Store!

If you have already done any Draws from the Tavern since the start of the event, don't worry! We'll be granting you all the additional Fireballs you would have received if you'd waited. Expect an in-game mail by July 8 with all the Fireballs you deserve.

Thank you guys very much for catching this quickly and letting us know.

So does that mean we earn 100 if we do the daily tavern and blacksmith draw since 10 is 1000?   Just wondering if that is staying at 10 or corrected too

Ok, thx for event changes... Now lets back to gameplay with new hero Oya and what need to be fix.

Buglist:

1. Arena cant start, if your opponent is Oya.

2. Rune war too cant start.

3. Bloody battle, time is freeze and after defeat Oya no end. The Oya size not correct aswell and hero icons too.

Screenshot_2017-07-06-23-44-33-124_com.nScreenshot_2017-07-06-23-44-35-648_com.n

Keep testing...

So yall fixed it how?  By what..  altering in a way it looks less harsh and lessening it just a little in real money required for what it takes to buy Oya?  

Instead of giving up more flames inflating the amount like that what you should have done is up the amount of soul stones that could have been acquired via quest or something.  Not alienate the players who don't have a lot of money to blow on the game.  Basically with this netease is saying if you don't have money to spend on our game then we don't give a crap about you and get lost.  I understand there needs to be money made but this is just insulting and ridiculous.

What a bunch of crap this is the worst and greediest event netease has ever done.  What happed to the way the events have always been done before where is made players happy and yall still made a bit of money?  it wasn't enough money or what?   And as a long time player I do not depend on luck of the draw of the tavern to get anything as I have done probably 50-75 or more draw 10's and have yet to get a single 4star character.  I am 900 diamonds from the final rank so its not like I haven't spent a bunch of money on this game as it is and have a legitament voice in this problem.

So if your a f2p player you can only get 16-17 soul stones off of the event quest.  Leaving 253 soul stones left needed to aquire Oya which translates into 10'400 flames needed to get all the soul stones required to summon Oya.  Counting the 200 a day for 7 days from free draws added to 275 from event quest and say an additional 400ish for misc stuff = 2000 flames free for the event.  That's only 40 soul stones with 400 flames left over.  So out of the 270 required to summon her you can only get 56-57 soul stones per event for free.  You need an additional 8,400 flames to get her which roughly estimates into 9 draw 10's which equals out to 16,200 diamonds or $255.00 US dollars.  WTF!!!!  So free players can basically have to wait for this event 5 times in order to summon her. 

Now say you decided to spend $79.00 bucks for 5100 diamonds and complete ALL of the event quest including reaching Rank 24.  You can get 100 soul stones.  You can get a total of 1985 flames from quest, 2000 from the 2 draw 10's for event quest, 1400 from free draws for 7 days for a total of 7 days, and an est 400 misc flames from running normal stuff which comes out to about 5785 flames.  That translates into 140 soul stones combined with the 100 that you can get from from completing all the event quest = 240 soul stones and still 30 short of summoning her... with only 185 flames left.  Meaning basically you have to spend another chunk of cash to buy another 2700 diamonds (or $49.00 Us dollars) or so just to be able to do enough tavern draws to be able to have enough flames to summon her. 

So F2P players should basically go take a long walk off a short pier or wait a ridiculously unrealistic amount of time for several of these events to get her and in the meantime just get face rolled by everyone who has her just like everyone who basically bought Rurik and do the same.

And the people who are willing to spend money on it need to come up with $79.00 to complete ALL of the event quest and then an additional $49.00 to be able to get the additional flames required to get the last 30 soul stones needed to summon her.  And basically just buy her for $128.00 US dollars.

Just seems like netease is trying to do a few last greedy cash grabs before the west release of the game dies out for good. 

11 hours ago, Masta said:

Ok, thx for event changes... Now lets back to gameplay with new hero Oya and what need to be fix.

Buglist:

1. Arena cant start, if your opponent is Oya.

2. Rune war too cant start.

3. Bloody battle, time is freeze and after defeat Oya no end. The Oya size not correct aswell and hero icons too.

Screenshot_2017-07-06-23-44-33-124_com.nScreenshot_2017-07-06-23-44-35-648_com.n

Keep testing...

Can you let us know what server this is on? Thanks!

On 7/7/2017 at 0:39 PM, Gutz42 said:

So yall fixed it how?  By what..  altering in a way it looks less harsh and lessening it just a little in real money required for what it takes to buy Oya?  

Instead of giving up more flames inflating the amount like that what you should have done is up the amount of soul stones that could have been acquired via quest or something.  Not alienate the players who don't have a lot of money to blow on the game.  Basically with this netease is saying if you don't have money to spend on our game then we don't give a crap about you and get lost.  I understand there needs to be money made but this is just insulting and ridiculous.

What a bunch of crap this is the worst and greediest event netease has ever done.  What happed to the way the events have always been done before where is made players happy and yall still made a bit of money?  it wasn't enough money or what?   And as a long time player I do not depend on luck of the draw of the tavern to get anything as I have done probably 50-75 or more draw 10's and have yet to get a single 4star character.  I am 900 diamonds from the final rank so its not like I haven't spent a bunch of money on this game as it is and have a legitament voice in this problem.

So if your a f2p player you can only get 16-17 soul stones off of the event quest.  Leaving 253 soul stones left needed to aquire Oya which translates into 10'400 flames needed to get all the soul stones required to summon Oya.  Counting the 200 a day for 7 days from free draws added to 275 from event quest and say an additional 400ish for misc stuff = 2000 flames free for the event.  That's only 40 soul stones with 400 flames left over.  So out of the 270 required to summon her you can only get 56-57 soul stones per event for free.  You need an additional 8,400 flames to get her which roughly estimates into 9 draw 10's which equals out to 16,200 diamonds or $255.00 US dollars.  WTF!!!!  So free players can basically have to wait for this event 5 times in order to summon her. 

Now say you decided to spend $79.00 bucks for 5100 diamonds and complete ALL of the event quest including reaching Rank 24.  You can get 100 soul stones.  You can get a total of 1985 flames from quest, 2000 from the 2 draw 10's for event quest, 1400 from free draws for 7 days for a total of 7 days, and an est 400 misc flames from running normal stuff which comes out to about 5785 flames.  That translates into 140 soul stones combined with the 100 that you can get from from completing all the event quest = 240 soul stones and still 30 short of summoning her... with only 185 flames left.  Meaning basically you have to spend another chunk of cash to buy another 2700 diamonds (or $49.00 Us dollars) or so just to be able to do enough tavern draws to be able to have enough flames to summon her. 

So F2P players should basically go take a long walk off a short pier or wait a ridiculously unrealistic amount of time for several of these events to get her and in the meantime just get face rolled by everyone who has her just like everyone who basically bought Rurik and do the same.

And the people who are willing to spend money on it need to come up with $79.00 to complete ALL of the event quest and then an additional $49.00 to be able to get the additional flames required to get the last 30 soul stones needed to summon her.  And basically just buy her for $128.00 US dollars.

Just seems like netease is trying to do a few last greedy cash grabs before the west release of the game dies out for good. 

It wouldn't take that long. If you never keep a stock of diamonds you're playing wrong to be F2P. Keep track of when events are coming and don't blow your diamonds all the time, this method is the only real quick way to obtain heroes and costly gear during gear up. The weekly caches are a waste of money really, materials are obtained through other slower methods. Long story short, save your diamonds for heroes and gear up if you don't want to spend money in game.

1 person likes this

I am not really F2P and the game doesn't give enough diamonds or gold or anything really to accomplish what your talking about especially if your free to play...  you would basically just have to log in not upgrade or do anything for weeks and weeks for it to amount to anything.  Especially if you have more than 3 characters... hell you can barely keep 3 of them at par with the lack of gold and all talents and everything cost diamonds.  I agree they have to make money here and there and I can understand 15-20 bucks spent in order to complete the event but nope unless you are stockpiled with diamonds then it will cost $100+ in order to complete the event.  Of course these epic douche bags say oh well you could get lucky and pull her in draw 10 but you know what **** that.  I have been playing for well over a year now and have used the majority of my diamonds doing tavern draws (at least 75-100) and have yet to get a single 4 star character.  Now they are pulling the same **** today with this crappy cash grab Bane event.  What about all those draw 10 pulls never getting him???  Now you want me to spend a chunk of cash after being ****ed over all this time... hell no since the Oya event I will never spend another dime on this crap.  Sadly since I stopped I have hardly progressed at all and am falling behind P2W much.   I am also rank 24 and have spent a nice chunk of my hard earned cash on this game so I am not some scrub F2P player *****ing about not getting anything for free.  Netease is a ****ty company and one of the greediest I have come across since playing on my android.