WindWhisper

Something weird about Netease

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I quit playing Crusaders of Light, its uninstalled and this is my visit back in about two weeks, however, Im here for a different reason.

I logged into my router and cleared the logs, reset the router, turned all my connected device off and then back on. I checked the logs to ensure my DHCP assigned the IP addresses to the devices and for some reason my new logs show activity to Netease thru my IP. 

WTF, right?

So this time I went to each device, cleared its website activity, made sure all pages were closed and repeated the exact same steps and sure enough, activity to Netease showed up again without me opening a webpage on any device. Every IP assignment to its corresponding MAC (Media Access Control) address all showed the DHCP assigning the host numbers and the only activity that showed was to Netease from my iPad. So I purposely visited other websites and checked it against the tables and everything was correct, Google, ESPN and Facebook all appeared on the logs and at the precise time it connected. Frustrated, I shut everything off, did the EXACT same thing clearing all cache, turned it all back on, checked the logs and BAM, Netease is showing connection activity.

For those who know how to conduct an inspection of your routers MAC logs, can you give this a try and reply if its happeninb to you as well? I just cannot figure why my router logs keep showing activity to Netease after each restart.

Edited by WindWhisper
1 person likes this

you know after reading this... i got a little paranoid and felt thankful that I read this just in time because i was just about to INSTALL THE GAME ON MY GAMING PC but now I ain't doing it. I might install it if the game survives & evolve into something like WoW after a decade but definitely not now. 

5 hours ago, WindWhisper said:

I quit playing Crusaders of Light, its uninstalled and this is my visit back in about two weeks, however, Im here for a different reason.

I logged into my router and cleared the logs, reset the router, turned all my connected device off and then back on. I checked the logs to ensure my DHCP assigned the IP addresses to the devices and for some reason my new logs show activity to Netease thru my IP. 

WTF, right?

So this time I went to each device, cleared its website activity, made sure all pages were closed and repeated the exact same steps and sure enough, activity to Netease showed up again without me opening a webpage on any device. Every IP assignment to its corresponding MAC (Media Access Control) address all showed the DHCP assigning the host numbers and the only activity that showed was to Netease from my iPad. So I purposely visited other websites and checked it against the tables and everything was correct, Google, ESPN and Facebook all appeared on the logs and at the precise time it connected. Frustrated, I shut everything off, did the EXACT same thing clearing all cache, turned it all back on, checked the logs and BAM, Netease is showing connection activity.

For those who know how to conduct an inspection of your routers MAC logs, can you give this a try and reply if its happeninb to you as well? I just cannot figure why my router logs keep showing activity to Netease after each restart.

Since you stop playing the game you need to email them and ask for all your personal info that they have from you accepting the new terms and agreements. Take a screen shot or a pic from the info they send back. 

Then ask what they been doing with your info. They'll have to send you what they been doing with your info. Take a pic of that 

Then tell them to delete every information they have of you. Take a screen shot/pic of the reply once they do that. 

They will still make money off you from that info and you still most likely have the cookies that were installed onto your device from the game that giveing them all your personal info. Thats what i think the reason why its still active for some reason. 

1 person likes this

what was the IP address that you were communicating with? This doesn't sound right. I reckon your confusing the destination for something else.

8 hours ago, Fire said:

Sounds like Image result for bullshit bingo

Hahahaha

1 person likes this